PDA

View Full Version : Who has stayed at WL cabins?

Villianess
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all,
We were wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins and did you have a good experience there? I will be staying with 3 other friends and we wanted to stay together and we thought the cabins would be the best way to do it. :mickey: Any thoughts on this idea? Thanks so very much!!! We are going April 22-26. Can't wait!! :grouphug:

Villianess
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
:blush:Oh! I just saw the post dated 2/2/09! :blush:Good info!!!

wickersham
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Great spot to spread out, can put your kids to bed early and stay up in the living area, nice kitchen for meals in the cabin, just beware of the hassle of the double bus system. The bus/boat to MK was okay, getting to other parks often took too much time. Relaxing, restful atmosphere of the wooded setting is very nice, however, after a fun and crazy day in the parks. Still, probably the most economical onsite place to stay for the considering the price per square foot of the cabin compared to the hotel rooms. Have fun!

Dopey's Girl
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I loved the cabins. The space was great, and we loved having the full kitchen so we didn't have to eat out as much. I stayed there with two kids and it was great not having to worry about keeping them silent like you feel you have to in a normal hotel. They could be running around the cabin and didn't have to be shusshed a million times! The only pain was the buses...we tried it once, then drove to the parks the rest of the time.

I'm looking forward to getting to stay there again. We weren't there a whole week, so it would be nice to stay and try all the goodies that the Fort has to offer.

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
we loved the FW cabins...lots of extra space, a kitchen, separate sleeping area, for esentially the price of a moderate...the cabins will likely eventually become our "disney home" (but not until we work our way through all the resorts). The only thing we did not enjoy about the cabins was the bus service. (having to wait on a resort bus, then waiting on a park bus).

BananaAnna838
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Our family always stays in the cabins! They would be perfect for a group of friends, with many reasons! More space, your own kitchen/grill (so if you needed to, you could spend less money on eating out and do a grocery trip), lots of fun wildlife, no connecting rooms in case you get a little too loud :party:

Just one thing, plan to add a little extra time for transportation because of the inner loop and outer loop for the buses. Plus they're timing isn't always that great :blush:

But really. Definitely a great choice. Let me know if you have any questions!