PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Picture Printer commercial

Mr. Brass Bonanza
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I've seen a commercial for a Kodak printer designed to print great photographs. I've seen the commercial a hundred times, but now that I want to investigate, I haven't seen it and i don't remember the website. I think it was originally $149, but the last time I saw it, it was $99. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thank you.

wilcat
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I know exactly the printer you are talking about. I purchased one about a year ago directly from the Kodak web site. I got the model that is a copier/printer/scaner/fax. It was a little more expensive but I wanted all of those features. I have to say it is a much better printer than the HP I had before. The ink is less expensive, it prints more photos and if you do have a problem the customer service team at Kodak is great. I was at WDW in December and when I got back I ordered a few downloads from our PhotoPass. I also ordered a print directly from Disney. Guess What! The color, sharpness and quality from the Kodak printer is better then the print I received. IF you go to the Kodak web site and they don't have the price you are looking for, sign up for their updates and it won't be long before you get what you want. If you have any other questions drop me a PM. Have a Magical Day!!

Cathy

BMan62
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
You can go to the Kodak website and look it up, but I think the one you are talking about is the EASYSHARE 5100 All-in-One Printer selling for $99

Altair
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
It it's the Easyshare 5100 do a review seach. Most of the reviews I've found have just blasted this machine.:(

JPL
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Speaking from a srtictly economic standpoint it's still cheaper to have you prints done professionally through major chains. The costs of printing from home that most printers are the ink costs per print then you need add the paper and the higher the quality of paper the higher cost per print. Most of the photo papers available for printing at home do not have the same quality as commercial paper used by major chain stores. The average cost to have them printed for you at say a Walgreens is about 15 cents for a 4X6.