PDA

View Full Version : How many to finish the Kitchen Sink?

brewcrew26
02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
We were watching Travel Channel's Man vs. Food the other day and thought of the Kitchen Sink sundae at Beaches & Cream. I've seen videos online of it, but haven't witnessed it in person. My brother thinks that three people could easily do it. I'm not as hopeful.

Has anyone completed this feat? What was it like? How long did it take? How many people took part?

FortheloveofStitch
02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
A couple of years ago, we had 6 adults and 2 5yr olds and a 7 year old. We ALMOST finished two kitchen sinks. I think it would possible for three Adults to do one, but you won't feel great after. It's not the icecream that would get you. It is the candy bars and toppings. Don't forget the brownies and bananas. It was a treat for the kids. We didn't have supper, we just had dessert. OK it was a treat for the adults as well.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-03-2009, 11:45 PM
:mickey: We loved the Kitchen Sink. There were 4 adults and we were not able to completely finish it though. Close, but not completely. It was fun and the other people in B and C enjoyed watching us try.

brewcrew26
02-04-2009, 12:39 AM
My other question: Do you get to keep the sink it comes in?

MegPeg85
02-04-2009, 12:57 AM
No, you can't keep the sink, unfortunately.

We had two groups of 5 20-somethings who had a "Kitchen Sink Race." Neither team finished completely but we got really close!! VERY yummy and lots of fun!

Mickey'sGirl
02-04-2009, 08:28 AM
We want to go over for one this year -- just wondering if there are nuts in it (other than peanuts)? I am allergic.

brewcrew26
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
No, you can't keep the sink, unfortunately.

We had two groups of 5 20-somethings who had a "Kitchen Sink Race." Neither team finished completely but we got really close!! VERY yummy and lots of fun!

Darn, but that would pose strange looks at the airport from the TSA.

MegPeg85
02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
We want to go over for one this year -- just wondering if there are nuts in it (other than peanuts)? I am allergic.

I believe you can ask them to customize it. I think there are set flavors and toppings, but I remember we asked them to change one of the flavors and put certain toppings on it. Just make sure you tell them about your allergies.