PDA

View Full Version : February Crowds..Right Now

Tink276
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Just curious to find out if the crowds are thinning. I know that Jan. seemed to be a little busier at times than normal with the marathon & super bowl. We are arriving this Fri., Feb. 6th & leaving out on Thurs., Feb. 12th, so we're hoping to miss some of the crowds. How does it look??

Terri

Feb. '09 Poly/Wonder(1st Cruise):minnie:

DumboMom
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I would love to know too! We are coming and going at the same time. :mickey:

WDW Addict
02-03-2009, 11:09 PM
We will be there 2/7 - 2/14( next week) as well. We went in 2007 during the same week and the crowds were very low....no more than 15 min wait on most attractions :number1:

BMan62
02-04-2009, 07:38 AM
We will be there 2/7 - 2/14( next week) as well. We went in 2007 during the same week and the crowds were very low....no more than 15 min wait on most attractions :number1:

We were there the same time you were (at least 4 of the same days!) and, yes, the crowds were extremely manageable. The weather was a little variable - first two days in the mid 80's, next two in the mid 50's!

Kidsmom
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
We are too! Feb. 6-14! It sounds like the experienced Intercot crowd knows when to go!
:number1:

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
1) Moderate-to-Light crowds.
2) Reasons:
. . . time of year
. . . economy
. . . 30-degree overnight temps (20º Wind Chill)
. . . 60-degree daytime temps

princessgirls
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
1) Moderate-to-Light crowds.
2) Reasons:
. . . time of year
. . . economy
. . . 30-degree overnight temps (20º Wind Chill)
. . . 60-degree daytime temps

That's cold for Floridians!!

Julie:mickey:

NicksNitro
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
We also leave tomorrow and return on the 12th.
I hope I can sleep tonight!!!!

Tink276
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Well I'm not sure what the crowds look like yet, but thanks to technology, the weather forcast for this coming up week looks great!:thumbsup:

nickv1025
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Crowds shouldn't be bad at all.

I was there the week before the Super Bowl and it wasn't any busier than normal that week.

So I'm guessing these next few weeks (minus President's Day week) will be light crowds like normal.

No worries.

:mickey:

KevMcNJ
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Another WDW veteran here. We arrive on Monday.
:beer:

mrsgaribaldi
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
WE get there Sat. Have a great trip everyone:thumbsup:

mcjaco
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I arrive tomorrow evening and leave the 15th.

Can't wait! :mickey:

1EeyoreFan
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
We will also be there the 9th-13th! I can hardly wait! Trying to ease the blow of turning the big 4-0! This trip is just DH and me. Should be different with no kiddos!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
02-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I arrive tomorrow evening and leave the 15th.

Can't wait! :mickey:

Sweet!! You'll be out of there before Presidents Day. One year I was there on Presidents Day in conjunction with a business trip, and it was NUTS!! PACKED!!

mrsgaribaldi
02-06-2009, 09:52 PM
We will also be there the 9th-13th! I can hardly wait! Trying to ease the blow of turning the big 4-0! This trip is just DH and me. Should be different with no kiddos!

Happy 40th Birthday to you!!!!
If you want to feel better, just remember this. I will be trying to ease the blow of turning the big 44 ;)

DryCreek
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Just got back last night.
Most of the crowds were very manageable. The only thing we seemed to have some luck with was that we planned our days with early EMH, and this helped us avoid the diabolical South American tour groups.

Do they practice being that annoying before they come here? They tended to frequent the park with late EMH. At one time in EPCOT we had to battle two blue flag parties (Panamanians) one green flag (Ecuadorians) and I swear, at least THREE fluorescent yellow flags of death (the Brazilians!).

stardebby
02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know if the presidents day crowds are gone by the 21st ? we are only going to be there 3 days. my dh and me can go anytime because we live in florida but my adult dd is visiting .

CaptSmee
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
It is slow season people. We just returned the end of Jan, and it seemed to us busier than the past 2 years for the same time frame it's still WDW's slow season. Enjoy...

Mendelson
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Flags of death.... well said, my friend. Well said.

grwoolf
02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Just got back last night.
Most of the crowds were very manageable. The only thing we seemed to have some luck with was that we planned our days with early EMH, and this helped us avoid the diabolical South American tour groups.

Do they practice being that annoying before they come here? They tended to frequent the park with late EMH. At one time in EPCOT we had to battle two blue flag parties (Panamanians) one green flag (Ecuadorians) and I swear, at least THREE fluorescent yellow flags of death (the Brazilians!).

Just got back last night as well and found crowds lower than anything we have ever seen. I think a lot has to do with last week's cold weather. The Saturday before the superbowl was pretty crowded at MK. Sun-Thursday was very, very slow (superbowl, rain one day, cold a couple days). Friday, Sat, Sunday were typical for this time of year (not crazy, but decent crowds).

We park hop every day and never go to a park that has EMH any time that day. We find that to be a good strategy for avoiding crowds. The one exception we make is nighttime EMH for AK because it is the only time you can see that park after dark (EE is so much better at night).

I agree that some of the tour groups (Lucat?) could tone it down a bit. I understand a group of teenage girls wanting to have fun, but a group of 40 girls constantly yelling cheers in line, inside shows, just walking around, etc. is a bit much.