PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my dad, please

LauraleeH
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Friday night, my mom and I were watching a movie in my room and around 4am, we heard a crash and moaning. My dad had passed out in the hallway and we had a hard time waking him up. The ambulance came and we all rushed to the hospital, and they did all kinds of tests. We were there until 10am and everything looked fine, except they found out that he has had a stroke. He went to his regular doctor yesterday, who set up appointments for him to see a cardiologist and a neurologist Wednesday and Friday. Please pray for him at this time, we don't know what's going on, and I'll keep updating on here, but I'm pretty worried. He's in his early 40's and looks even younger, which is also scary, because you don't expect someone that's generally young and healthy to collapse and stroke out.

IloveDisney71
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Here is a prayer for your dad. I know how hard is to play the waiting game with doctors and tests.

dtootsie42
02-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh Lauraleeh all of your are in my prayers! Stay strong and cling to those who are a strong support for you and your family. Blessings!

SBETigg
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Prayers for your dad and for your family. It's very possible for a strong recovery and that you'll find out what caused this and be able to avoid future problems. Best wishes to you all.

daparish
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
How scary. Your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. My brother had a heart attack and had to have stents but in at 40. It was totally unexpected because he is the picture of health. Does not drink, smoke and jogs everyday. I am happy to say he is perfectly fine now. Best of luck to your dad.

hoop de do
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
That would be so very scary for you and your mom. Prayers are coming your way. Please keep us posted.

nickv1025
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
My prayers and wishes to your dad and your family. God bless.

Veezy
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh no. The same thing happened to my dad in his early forties when I was 9. He was shaving one morning and just collapsed. He relearned to talk and walk and write. The good thing about it happening so young is that relearning and recovering are easier.

I will send thoughts for your dad, your mom and you. Hang in there.

Jeff G
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Having just gone through this with my dad I understand the feelings you are going through and wish you and your family the best while praying he is able to make a speedy recovery.

Many prayers coming your way.

Dsnygirl
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Sending positive thoughts, prayers & pixie dust for your dad... how very scary. I sincerely hope he recovers just fine and they're able to figure out what caused it so it won't happen again!! Good luck to you guys!!

badkitty
02-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

RedSoxFan
02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 08:16 AM
LaurelH I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know how scary that can be. My mom has had strokes in the past. And currently still suffers from what they call TIA's. (Mini-strokes). I am sending many prayers and pixie dust your way. Again so sorry to hear. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way!

MNNHFLTX
02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
How scary....I'm surprised they let him go home from the hospital so early. Is he doing okay right now?

Sending more prayers and :pixie: from Texas.

diz_girl
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm praying for him and here's some:pixie:

LauraleeH
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Thank you all so much. My dad is now wearing a heart moniter for 24 hours, and will be back at the doctors tomorrow. Then Friday is the neurologist. They also have him scheduled for an echogram later this month. Again, thank you all...

LauraleeH
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Well my parents just rushed out the door to the clinic, my mom is having difficulty breathing. I had bronchitis a few weeks ago and passed it on to her, but now we're thinking she has walking pneumonia. It just never ends, does it? We're also really suffering from the economy and I'm thinking about canceling my birthday party this weekend. I'm turning 21 but I suddenly feel much older, taking care of my parents and worrying about money. Anyways, we'd really appreciate prayers for my mom, as well. Thanks!

God Bless, Lauralee

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I have a neice who is 21 and I can't imagine her having to deal with all that you are dealing with.
This is a bit off topic but I just want to say happy birthday and whatever you decide to do for your birthday please be safe. I kow 21 is a big birthday and kids are tempted to party really hard to celebrate so please be careful. You sound like a pretty responsible kid though so I'm sure you will be fine.
Now that I am done sounding like your mother I wish you good luck with everything.

Pagan
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Positive energies on their way to your family.

LauraleeH
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Wow I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I have a neice who is 21 and I can't imagine her having to deal with all that you are dealing with.
This is a bit off topic but I just want to say happy birthday and whatever you decide to do for your birthday please be safe. I kow 21 is a big birthday and kids are tempted to party really hard to celebrate so please be careful. You sound like a pretty responsible kid though so I'm sure you will be fine.
Now that I am done sounding like your mother I wish you good luck with everything.
Thanks, I'm actually just gonna have a few friends over for a movie night ;) I'm not a party girl and thankfully, my friends are the same way. I just feel awful about having friends over during this stressful time, but my parents don't seem to mind. I haven't had a birthday party since my 13th!

Positive energies on their way to your family.

daparish
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Continued prayers for your family. I hope your mom feels better soon as well as your dad. They are very lucky to have such a caring and understanding daughter. God Bless

LauraleeH
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM
We don't know the results from his cardio testing yet but I just heard my mom tell my aunt they found out he has stage 2 kidney disease and some spot on his brain. Does anyone have any experience with kidney disease that they could message me about? I don't know much about it and although I've been doing research online, I'm very worried. I'd really appreciate anything. Thanks.

mrsgaribaldi
02-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for both of them. Stay strong :hug:

ElenitaB
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Prayers and pixie dust to the entire family. Sorry that you're all going through this right now, but I can well imagine that your parents do want to celebrate your birthday!

Bethanymouse
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad and mom. What a scary thing to happen. I hope that they both have a speedy recovery.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-06-2009, 11:34 PM
No info on what he has but I wanted to send Pixie Dust to your mom & dad both!:pixie::pixie::pixie:
And I hope you can have a happy birthday in spite of everything.:cheers: