PDA

View Full Version : Test Track breakdown outside?

nickv1025
02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
So I know that on the inside, when cars get closer than 8 seconds, the ride stops. The cars slam on the breaks if they are not moving. If they are on like the hairpin turns or the brake testing, they just slow down rapidly.

Has anyone ever been on during a breakdown outside on the loop? What happens? They don't slam on the brakes do they? I have always wondered how they stop you at 65mph outside.

JPL
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I have had not had the pleasure of experiencing this first hand it usually breaksdown before I arrive with Fastpass in hand. But I have witnessed the cars outside on the track.

DisneyAggies
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
If I remember correctly, we've been on it twice outside. It stops you...quick. Not pleasant in the slightest--but not horrible. Good thing the seat belts work!

DizneyRox
02-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty quick stop, but not instant. I've been out on the track in July and it ain't fun!

thrillme
02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
My DS was on the breakdown outside and I was on the one inside. No big deal you come to a pretty quick stop. ALL the cars along the way stop.

Because he stopped on the outside he got to reride...I had to wait for him.

Stu29573
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I was there a few years back and saw CMs pushing a car on the outside part. Probably not fun for anyone involved!

Luv Eeyore
02-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I've had the unfortunate luck to be stuck several times, and it seems to happen in one of two places, the cold room inside (why oh why couldn't it be the heat room since I'm from a cold climate area) or the outside loop. It does stop pretty quickly and it is pretty uncomfortable being stopped at the angle the loop takes the car.

yourmagicalguide
02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I've had the unfortunate luck to be stuck several times, and it seems to happen in one of two places, the cold room inside (why oh why couldn't it be the heat room since I'm from a cold climate area) or the outside loop.

My experience has been the complete opposite. I've been stuck several times in the heat room - and it's not very pleasant. I would have paid a CM to push our car into the cold room!

I learned my lesson to not ride TT unless it's first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon, because, as luck would have it, my fastpass always has me coming back at the hottest time of the day - which wouldn't be a problem if I knew I wasn't going to stop in the heat room.

MrPeetrie
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
You know, I have ridden this ride about a dozen times, and except for the very first time, I have not been able to make it throught the ride without it stopping SOMEWHERE!

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question, but it seems to me they'd allow the cars to complete the loop without stopping.

Imagineer1981
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
My experience has been the complete opposite. I've been stuck several times in the heat room - and it's not very pleasant. I would have paid a CM to push our car into the cold room!

I learned my lesson to not ride TT unless it's first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon, because, as luck would have it, my fastpass always has me coming back at the hottest time of the day - which wouldn't be a problem if I knew I wasn't going to stop in the heat room.

ouch...that hurts for sure

nickv1025
02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
We've been stuck in both the cold room and the hot room.

The cold room is worse because it actually stays pretty cold. In the hot room, the heat lamps turn off like normal and after a couple minutes it cools down to room temp.

Also been stopped on the hairpin turns. It's funny to hear the brakes squealing around the corners before you get there and you are only going like 5 mph :D

The ride seems to be fine late at night. One time, we rode 18 times in a row (no exaggeration) at 8 o clock at night and no breakdowns.

Then we rode it once at 4 o clock and it broke.

:mickey: