PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating from my list DHS/Epcot

Crow
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
2nd part I need to eliminate from. These are places in the DHS/Epcot area. I already have some places i plan on eating at w nephews 13&15 but these are others Im considering for Easter wk.
(already going to eat at TD, CG,AP,Nine Dragons) These are OOP not using DDP.

Brown Derby w Fantasmic Pkg
Spoodles- ate here last trip & liked
Flying Fish (mostly fish which I like but they may not)
Le Cellier-slightly overated to me & hard to get in

Marrakesh
Tangierine Cafe
Rose & Crown -I might eat at RR so this would repeat type of food
San Angel-great atmosphere soso food
Les Chefs-great last time
Pecos Bills-cheaper & great fixins
Please vote on the 3 I should ELIMINATE from the list

SBETigg
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I love Brown Derby, but I'm considering that you're OOP and I'm not sure the Fantasmic package is worth it considering your nephew's ages. I just don't know that they'll appreciate Fantasmic and they may prefer more time on rides. My son hates taking time for Fantasmic now that he's well into his teens- but then again, he has seen it once. I'm on the fence. If you're in for Fantasmic, then this is a good option. If not, eliminate. I would also eliminate Flying Fish, because I'm not sure they'll appreciate another lengthy dining experience and it's expensive. You already have some great Signatures planned. And San Angel, because you can get the atmosphere without eating there-- but I'm torn on that as well. If you do Raglan Road, switch San Angel out for Rose & Crown and eliminate Rose & Crown instead. The food is better at Raglan Road, to me, and the atmosphere is great at both.

I can understand your dilemma! You have some great options. I do think they'll want a nice mix of counter service options thrown in. My son hates taking a lot of time out of parks for table service. He was 16 on our last trip. Just a thought.

badkitty
02-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Here are my thoughts:
Brown Derby - good food but would teenage boys like it?

Marrakesh - a bit pricey OOP and Tangierine Cafe is a great CS alternative

San Angel - the great atmosphere can't overcome the horrible food

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-04-2009, 08:03 AM
San Angel.....the counter service food outside is so much better.

Brown Derby.....would two teen boys really like it? I would think that the 50s Cafe or Sci-Fi would be more fun with them.

If you like Ragland Road why have something similar at Rose and Crown.

grumpydude
02-04-2009, 08:15 PM
50;s prime time or Sci-Fi Cool for teens

JPL
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The Brown Derby has some great food but not really a place that most teenagers would appreciate.

Rose & Crown again decent food but let's face it English food is not exactly what teens would enjoy.

Finally San Angel great atmosphere but :ack: the food is just plain terrible save your money and hit a Taco Bell on I-Drive ;)

KatMark
02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I voted Brown Derby--found it very overrated and my hubby, who loves his desserts, hated the grapefruit cake; San Angel--it's very romantic inside, but I don't eat Mexican food and I've read terrible reviews; and Pecos Bills--ate there in September and didn't care for it. Much prefer Cosmic Rays.

Luv Eeyore
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Have to agre with the reasons for eliminating Brown Derby and Rose & Crown (funny since we'll be eating at R&C when we're there the first week of April :blush:). I'd also eliminate Flying Fish, but that's just because I don't eat seafood.

Crow
02-05-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks to all for taking the time to vote and post. Its hard, since i have some i liked but might be more expensive or have fish etc that they dont eat a lot of.
but I do want them to experience diff places for food and cultures
the list is getting shorter......

ElenitaB
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I voted against Brown Derby for two reasons: the food didn't make me happy at all and we were treated shoddily there.

Voted against Flying Fish because you've mentioned that your DNs aren't fish eaters and wasn't sure if they'd appreciate the atmosphere. (Do make sure to eat somewhere in the Boardwalk area though but not ESPN or Big River, because they'll probably like the night time entertainment.)

And last but not least, I voted against Pecos Bills because it's not located in DHS or Epcot.

P.S. My DS has consistently enjoyed R&C over the years and always asks to go back there. The DNs just might like it.

BananaAnna838
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I eliminated Rose and Crown, Marrakesh, and Pecos Bill. Those were out of the ones I'd been to.
Reasons:
R&C- We like the food, but it was nothing spectacular, and because we ate outside, not surprising theming.
Marrakesh- Fun atmosphere, but the portions were HUGE. We wasted so much food. It was good, but you couldn't even tell we ate anything. If you do go here, I suggest splitting a dish (depending on how hungry you are).
Pecos Bill- Again, nothing against the food, but it always seems to be crowded and loud. When we ate there we had to eat outside and the girl next to us kept feeding the birds her fries (I guess the family thought that was ok....:confused:) so we also had flocks of birds surrounding us!