PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating some choices AK/DD/resorts

Crow
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Easter wk trip w nephews 13& 15 who have never been to WDW. I already have a list of places Im def going to eat at but need to eliminate some of my others. Figure I will have approx 14 meals....
BUffets will cost $4 more than usual during this holiday time.
Please vote on 3 that I SHOULD eliminate from this list.
Yak & Yeti- I ate there last trip & liked
Tusker House-
Boma
Flame Tree
Ohanas
Trails End - the cheaper buffet & I liked
Wolfgang Puck Express
Planet Hollywood-will have $15 voucher for here
Raglan Rd- I liked

Argh I forgot to hit the allow mult choice buttons....How can I fix that?

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
It only lets you vote for one....

GrumpyFan
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
The poll will only allow 1 selection.
So, I'll vote here with explanations.

Yak & Yeti - The restaurant offers both TS and CS. I will assume you meant TS. So, unless you're on the dining plan, it's over-priced Asian food. Sure it's a nice place, but not worth it IMO. However, the CS isn't too bad in price and might be worth it.

Boma - Many people like BOMA, but my family and I don't. We've eaten here a couple times and just didn't care for it. While the food is exotic, we found it to be rather bland.

Trails End - This is actually a decent place to eat, but a little out of the way. I picked this one because, I liked all of the other choices just a little better.

SBETigg
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I would definitely take Planet Hollywood off the list. That $15 voucher doesn't get you much considering what you're spending for a mediocre meal. Not worth it. I would also eliminate Tusker House (in favor of Boma, probably wouldn't do both) and the other depends on if you prefer to do a quick service or a buffet or table dining and where you'll be-- but I would say eliminate Trail's End or Wolfgang Puck Express.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I voted for Planet Hollywood but would also take off Tusker House and Trails End, not because they're bad just the others sound better

sassy2000
02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I voted for Trails End but I would also eliminate Flame Tree and Planet Hollywood.

GoofyGirl18
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
If you're stuck on using your Planet Hollywood $15 voucher, I would suggest stopping in when they're not too busy & grabbing some dessert. We ate there in Oct of 04 & enjoyed it. Then we came back in Oct of 07 & the food was horrible. I do not recommend going there. :ack:

KatMark
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I vote Planet Hollywood, Trails End and Wolfgang Express.

By all means, keep Yak & Yeti. I was surprise how good the food was and it turned out to be the 2nd best meal of our trip in September.

Luv Eeyore
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Boma - my family just didn't like this one
O'hana - I know I'll be in the minority on this one, but we've never had good service here and always ended up with a table in a bad location.
Trail's End - This one's just a litle too far out of the way for us

Crow
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
thanks a lot to everyone taking the time to vote and explain. ive eliminated a few based on this.....
probably will still do 1 of the buffets/all u can eat.
im trying to have them experience diff types of food/atmospheres etc
and i promise to be careful to check the "allow multiple votes" option when i make up the final poll