PDA

View Full Version : King beds more at POR?

Disneymom4ever
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know why king size beds are more at moderates than value? When I price it on the WDW website, it says 2 doubles or king are standard room at All Stars, but you have to pay $25 more/nt at POR for one. Any idea why? Thanks for your help! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
At POR, a king bed is a paid upgrade like you would pay extra for a preferred view or location. At the values, a king bed is merely a request but you are not guaranteed to get one.

Disneymom4ever
02-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh, I guess that makes more sense, then. I didn't know it was just a request at the values, and not guaranteed. Still, it's the same bed though..

TammiMcMan
02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Disney has discovered that guests will pay more for a guaranteed type of room, whether it's a king bed, bunk beds or a specific view type of the MK. For many, paying upwards of $25 more per night is usually preferrable to hoping someone reads the requests and is able to grant them.

TheDuckRocks
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
As weird as it sounds I am happy to pay the additional $25 per night and be guaranteed the king-size bed room. I have to use an ECV and having the extra floor space really helps.

dmallan
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I have heard that many of the king rooms at POR and POFQ are corner rooms and have two windows. That would also be a plus.

It's kind of the opposite of other resorts...you can pay and have the assurance of getting a king room, but then you have to request a water or garden view - that is not guaranteed.