PDA

View Full Version : 999,999 score on Buzz LightYear Ride

pooh0601
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
I know this has been discussed in the past, but I was not able to locate the old thread.

What target(s) does one need to shoot to get a score of 999,999???

Ian
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Well ... it's not just one ... but there are a couple 100,000 point targets that make it go pretty quickly.

I pretty much score 999,999 every time I ride and here's how I do it ...
When you enter the first room turn your car to face left of your forward motion and shoot the target on the back of the big, orange robot's hand for as long as you can.
Once you pass the robot, turn all the way around facing backwards and slightly to your left (opposite side of the room from the orange robot since you're now facing backwards) and shoot the underside of the claw that's hanging down near the exit. Both of these targets are worth 100,000 points and if you're really fast you can get your 999,999 in the first room.
If I don't get the 999,999 in the first room, then I pretty much exclusively aim for the 25,000 point on top of the volcano in the next room. I do that all the way through. It's pretty tough not to have 999,999 after this room, but if you don't ...
There's another 25,000 point target on either side of Zurg room that comes after it (right-hand side of forward motion, across from the batteries) ... they're about mid-way up from the floor and about halfway back.
If all this has failed, you've basically got one shot left. In the projection room, on the left-hand side of your forward motion, there is a hidden target that's worth (I think) 50,000 points a pop. It's tough to see, but if you aim for the area where the big robot lands as it skips back and forth between either side of the tunnel you'll be in the vicinity. As you get closer to the exit from that room, if you look closely when the robot projection is there, you can see the sensor very clearly.
And if you fail in this room ... you're pretty much sunk, because with the photo setup now it's virtually impossible to score any real points in the last room.
Following this approach, I typically can get 999,999 on both guns in my car when I'm riding alone. That's how effective it is.

bwk99
02-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I know there is a spot on the robot that gives you those points... I thought it was the left hand that is moving up and down..

garymacd
02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
My beloved wife got 999,999 on our last trip.

We don't know how.

I think she cheated!

She lorded that over me for the rest of the day.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
both[/I] guns in my car when I'm riding alone. That's how effective it is.

Wow, Ian.. although I value your insight, I think perhaps you may have ridden this ride a few too many times... ;)

tink179
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
we just came back from our trip last week, and that's what i got! :party: I've always barely broke 200,000. My DH didn't believe me, so I quickly took a picture of it. He goes what did you do? I don't know what the heck I did I replied!:) Pretty cool!

mrmcgiv
02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
My 7YO daughter got 160,000..or maybe 260,000 by dumb luck and she was thrilled!!!!!!!!! w/o knowing the good targets,,we usually average 65,000

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
I almost always get 999,999 on Buzz. Now, if I could only break 150K on TSM.

There are 7 targets that reward 100,000 on Buzz.

mudpuppysmom
02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
SOMEHOW I managed to get 999,999 on our trip in December....DS said I broke the game!!

I have no idea HOW I did it, I just know I did and I had it done by the end of the second room, I think!!

I just looked down and there it was -- I was as stunned at DS was!!:eyes::eyes::eyes:

AwPhooey
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I am terrible at Buzz, primarily because I can never tell which laser dot is mine. Any basic tips for aiming/finding your laser dot?

SAHDad
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I managed to score the 999,999 on Buzz this time around, though I didn't aim specifically for the 100k targets. (I knew they were around, but forgot where they were.)

I managed to get about 160k on TSM, but I got lucky on a quite a few of the 1k targets.

IloveDisney71
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
My beloved wife got 999,999 on our last trip.

We don't know how.

I think she cheated!

She lorded that over me for the rest of the day.

My DH said the same thing about me when I got 999,999! I have no idea how I did it but I'm SO glad I took a picture of my score so he can't deny that I won! LOL:thumbsup::D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I am terrible at Buzz, primarily because I can never tell which laser dot is mine. Any basic tips for aiming/finding your laser dot?

When it first starts, I place my hand in front to make sure that it's working and that I know where it is, approximately. Also, hold down the trigger the whole time - you get 100 points every 5 seconds.

nickv1025
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Anyone know what type of system it is to recognize the laser?

Because this past trip, my mom was sitting in the car in front of me and I was aiming my laser at the ring on her finger and it was giving me points for that. :secret:

:mickey:

crltkcagle
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
thats pretty cool!

Because this past trip, my mom was sitting in the car in front of me and I was aiming my laser at the ring on her finger and it was giving me points for that. :secret:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-04-2009, 08:40 AM

That's because it gives out 100 points every 5 seconds if you hold down the trigger. You don't have to hit the targets to get the points, just as long as you hold down the trigger. It'll be a low score, but you'll get points.

There are sensors on each of the Z icons and have a point value assigned to them if you hit the sensor.