PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Review

DDuck66
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Just got back from a three day trip for DW's birthday. I will post a trip report all about the Birthday Fun card and the trip on the Trip Report Forum. We had a 7:30 dinner reservation for T-Rex on Friday night. We got there about 7:10...checked in an expected to wait quite some time. Got seated within 10 minutes which really surprised us as there was a huge crowd. We were seated just outside the Ice Room next to the baby Wooly Mammoth. Our server was relatively attentive and kept our drinks full. I had the Rotissier Chicken and DW had the Chicken Fried Steak...both were good and cooked to order. I have to really say that the food was much better (IMHO) than the food from Rainforest cafe.
The only down side was, since our location was right next to the Baby Mammoth, we got a lot of visits from small children. No problems, but not a good place if you want a peaceful, romantic evening. We plan on going back in the near future and will request a different area for seating.

the other micki
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a great dinner and a fun time! We are going there in April - can't wait!

cgriff
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
With huge crowd and roaring dinosaurs, would there be a peaceful place anywhere in this restaurant? How were the animatronics? And btw, if the Landry group has surpassed WDI wouldn't that be such a sad thing?

Charlee
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the review - this is somewhere I'm looking into for a girls only graduation celebration trip as I'm taking a newbie and we want to eat in the fun places! And we like dinosaurs...
Think we might try it :thumbsup:

DDuck66
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
With huge crowd and roaring dinosaurs, would there be a peaceful place anywhere in this restaurant? How were the animatronics? And btw, if the Landry group has surpassed WDI wouldn't that be such a sad thing?

While there was not any place that was quiet, believe it or not, the area around the bar was not as bad as the rest of the restaurant. We really enjoyed it and are planning on returning. The animatronics were pretty good, especially on the bigger dinosaurs. Some of the babies were not as good as you could see some small gaps in the fur/skin. The movements though were great as well as eye movement. That baby mammoth kept cutting her eyes towards us. It was almost creepy.

crltkcagle
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I've never heard of this restuarant. Where is it and can use use the DP there?

DDuck66
02-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I've never heard of this restuarant. Where is it and can use use the DP there?
This is a new restaurant in DTD that opened this past Nov-Dec. I do not think you can use the DP as of yet. It is owned by Landry's and Not Disney. I did notice that the bill had a place to sign to charge to your Disney Resort Room so maybe the DP is not to far away. You also cannot make ADR's through the Disney system as of yet. You have to call the restaurant directly. Hope that helps!!!

goofiecrazy
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
i looked at the menu on another site and i didnt see a kids menu. can someone tell me if there is one.

brian2000boston
02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
i looked at the menu on another site and i didnt see a kids menu. can someone tell me if there is one.

This is what i found

Kid's Menu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For kids age 10 and under

Pizza & Pasta

Add a kid-sized portion of milk or apple juice in a souvenir cup for $1.99

Paleo Pizza $6.99
Cheese or pepperoni

Rocksy's Pasta $6.99
Tossed with alfredo, butter or marinara sauce

Cosmo's Cheesy Macaroni $6.99

Dino Favorites

Add a kid-sized portion of milk or apple juice in a souvenir cup for $1.99
Served with your choice of: carrot sticks, potato chips, baked beans, cinnamon apples, fruit gelatin, mashed potatoes or a fresh banana

Dexter's Corn Dogs $6.99
Mini corn dogs

Dizzy Chicken $7.99
1/4 rotiserie chicken

Jurassic Chicken Tidbits $6.99
Dinosaur-shaped chicken

Sly's Slider $6.99
Char-broiled mini burger with american cheese

Shrimpkins $7.99
Popcorn shrimp & jurassic chicken tidbits

Desserts

Chocolate Tarpit $2.99
Creamy chocolate pudding with crushed oreo cookies and gummy dinosaurs

Saber-tooth Sundae $2.99
A chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

Substitute soft drinks for milk or juice at your request
Waffle fries available for only .99

hockeymom
02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Wow, even the kids menu sounds good.....thanks for the review.

pdrlkr
02-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

mudpuppysmom
02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the review and I will add we ate there in December and while it looked like a mob scene outside (the line) we were seated within 15-20 minutes! DS#1 thoroughly enjoyed himself and we did walk around a little....I'm not one for intruding on others' meals, so I thought that might be rude to walk up near others' tables and gawk at the dinos :blush:.

Will we be back....yeah, even considering that we were there right after they opened (about a week later) and they still had kinks to work out.

DS loved it and I thought it was neat too....and the food WAS better than RFC IMHO too!

Hull-onian
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a good time. Can't wait to try it.:tasty:

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 01:28 PM
we went to T-rex last week and had a great time there,the meteor showers were really cool,the whole atmosphere was great and entertaining, my kids got lava slush in a bone cup that they could take home,and i also got a drink in a collectable cup,they actually gave me a new cup to take home instead of the one i was drinking from.
my DD had the alfredo pasta,my DS had his standard chicken nuggets with waffle fries,i had the salad and mahi mahi tacos,they were quite good. my kids got desert,a huge portion of chocolate pudding with cookie crumb dirt and gummy dino's.

kcrc
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
We ate here in December. The atmosphere is a little loud, but cool to watch everything as you're eating. We found the portions to be quite large. My DH and I split one of the combo platters, and it was plenty for 2 of us. I don't remember what exactly it was called but had ribs, chicken, waffle fries, baked beans, etc. Everything we had was good!

TheVBs
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
We would love to try this place when we visit in May. Are reservations a must, or did anyone have luck just walking in?

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
i called at 6pm and got a ressie for 6:45 that same night,i saw alot of people walking in.