PDA

View Full Version : Segway Tour At Epcot?

goofygirl64
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
My husband and I will be at WDW from May 2-9 (YEAH!) and we are seriously considering doing this tour. Any comments from anyone who had done this tour would be greatly appreciated. Also, how far in advance can we book this? Is it the same 90 days prior as dining?

joanna71985
02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
My husband and I will be at WDW from May 2-9 (YEAH!) and we are seriously considering doing this tour. Any comments from anyone who had done this tour would be greatly appreciated. Also, how far in advance can we book this? Is it the same 90 days prior as dining?

I did the 2-hour tour over the summer. It was awsome! I absolutely loved it. It was so cool being in an almost empty park, and driving around the WS. I highly recommend it, and probably will take it again this summer.

andypooh
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
DW and I did it in 2004. Had a great time. Would definitely recommend it. It is a unique experience that would be hard to get anywhere else that I am aware of. Not sure about the reservation rules.

Pirate Granny
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I want to try this also, but waited to make a reservation until I got there and there was no room...so, I would book ahead...and also WL had a segway tour. Have fun...
:pirate:

fielin
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
We did this last april and it was just great !

First, you learn to drive your segway inside the inovention building. How to go forward, how to turn, how to go around or over obstacles, and... how to stop !

This takes about one hour.

Then you leave the building, and go around the world showcase, where they tell you a few fun facts, and challenge you to do a few tricks.

This is a lot of fun !

If you can, take the earliest tour : you will have the world showcase all to yourself.

Just one thing : as you are driving, you cannot take photos except when they tell you to.

jcvalenti
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
My father, sister and brother in law did this tour on our last visit (last July) and they absolutely loved it. Dad did this and the Animal Kingdom tour, and though both were great - but he loves Epcot so this was a special treat.

I wanted to go on it as well, but I was just slightly over the weight restriction (250 lbs), so I decided to pass on it rather than push it.

Nanners
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
My son and I will be there in June and I would love to find more info on it..

Thanks....:blush:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
:number1: My DD, DS and myself did this tour a couple of years ago. It was one of the highlights of our trips to WDW. The second hour of the tour, when you get to go to World Showcase, was wonderful. WS was completely empty - except for a few CMs watering etc. I was a little nervous of the segway at first, but it is amazingly easy to ride. Hope you get the chance to do the tour!

gwfx1031
02-10-2009, 09:30 AM
We came back a week ago and did this on our trip and it was the highlight of our stay. I would recommend this to everyone. Not only are you riding around in a great setting but the Segway's are a blast. The tour takes you around the showcase and you make litle stops in many of the locations to learn a little bit about the countries and also do a few skills challenegs on your segway like weaving in and out of columns.

Just a tip: It takes a few moments to get used to being on them, so do not get discouraged. You may not be able to control it right off the bat or even hop off in a mini panic. (I did) Your body will "learn" what it needs to do to operate it and once you do, it is a breeze to cruise around on.

Nanners
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Is there an age restriction?

mudpuppysmom
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
DH and my cousin have gone on all three tours and they liked Around the World the best they said.

The one in FW they did say was a bit boring, but we live in a rural area, so going thru the woods is no big deal and my cousin is a city type of guy, so he did not like that aspect of it, but if you like the outdoors they said you would enjoy the trip.

I guess Disney needs to have more Segway tours since they are pretty popular!

gwfx1031
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Is there an age restriction?

I believe 16 is the minimum age.

AdventurerKim
02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
This is a great tour! I've done it twice and really enjoyed scooting around on the segway. We have great family pictures in WS while on the tour. It is definitely worth the money.

goofygirl64
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all of your helpful information. I have now made our reservation for the Segway tour on May 7th. I can't wait!! Everyone that I work with wants a photo of me doing this because I am not the most graceful person in the world. But I have confidence that I can do it. At the very least, it will be entertaining for everyone else on the tour. :blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
It is 16 and over to do this. And you can't weigh more than 250lbs.
I only did the little mini test drive in Inoventions that takes about 15 minutes total. It was fun and very easy to manuever. You just need to relax. Have fun!