PDA

View Full Version : TrenD to Open in Downtown Disney Marketplace March 2009

Figment!
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Update on 03-13-2009

TrenD, New Downtown Disney Retail Offering, Blends Retro Style and Current Trends with a Touch of Disney

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
January 30, 2009

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – A stylish boutique with designer flair and eclectic offerings becomes a premier shopping spot at Downtown Disney Marketplace with the March opening of TrenD. The urban-inspired Walt Disney World specialty store is a one-of-a-kind, hip destination for fashion-conscious shoppers seeking trendy apparel and novel accessories.

“This unique environment, filled with textured fabrics, new silhouettes, and whimsical art and design allows us the opportunity to push the creative envelope as it relates to fashion and our characters,” said Mark Perrotta, director of Product Development and Design. “Our guests continue to respond to trend merchandise and novel products that they can’t purchase at home. TrenD speaks to what is happening today with a blend of vintage and hip with stylized Disney influences.”

Offerings include organic loungewear, embroidered handbags, jeweled sunglasses and trendy accessories set among stylish art and unique furnishings. The eclectic environment offers a raw and unfinished feel with jeweled chandeliers, distinct fixtures and mod furnishings.

Much of the merchandise will not be available anywhere else at Downtown Disney. Designers such as Kidada Jones, Tarina Tarantino and Roxy will showcase their artistry – blending it with Disney-inspired creations.

“With its exclusive product lines and new environment, we think TrenD will complement the existing merchandise offerings at Downtown Disney,” said Perrotta.

TrenD is in a 2,500-square-foot venue near Pin Traders and Once Upon A Toy. The space previously was used by Summer Sands.

Originally posted on 02-02-2009

Retro Fashion Meets Stylish Disney
An eclectic new women's boutique with trendy apparel and novel accessories is opening at Downtown Disney Marketplace in March.

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
January 26, 2009

Retro Fashion Meets Stylish Disney -- An eclectic new women's boutique with trendy apparel and novel accessories is opening at Downtown Disney Marketplace in March. TrenD blends vintage and hip designs with whimsical Disney characters in a unique setting befitting the trendiest fashion salons. This breakthrough shopping destination will showcase the artistry of favorite designers including Tarina Tarantino, Roxy and Kidada Jones. Downtown Disney is at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

DixieBelle
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Far Out!....I Dig It Man!!...:cool:

readytogo2
02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
any idea on when in march?

DizNee143
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
this stores seems like it will be pretty cool..cant wait to go check it out!! :mickey:

JPL
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Wonder if they plan on doing something for us Disney dudes?

It seems a large part of thier marketing targets the ladies and young girls

Dragongirlx
02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
that looks cool - my sister is going to love it when we go in September - better start saving for it

valjane
02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Interesting.

Where will this be, anyone know?

BrerGnat
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Sounds VERY similar to Vault 28 at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. Several of those designers mentioned are also featured at Vault 28...

Just a word of warning...that store will probably be VERY expensive (think: $70+ t-shirts....)

And, not to be un-PC or anything, but you sort of have to be a "skinny Minnie" to fit into anything they sell there.

Ok, I'm done now...:blush:

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Sounds VERY similar to Vault 28 at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. Several of those designers mentioned are also featured at Vault 28...

Just a word of warning...that store will probably be VERY expensive (think: $70+ t-shirts....)

And, not to be un-PC or anything, but you sort of have to be a "skinny Minnie" to fit into anything they sell there.

Ok, I'm done now...:blush:

I was just going to ask if they would have any plus sized clothes. I am pooh sized and have a hard time finding clothes to fit me other than a big T-shirt. Hopefully this place will carry some. I think now is a bad time to open any new shop that sells $70 T-shirts. People are lucky to be able to afford to go at all so not too many will want to spend that kind of money.

BrerGnat
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I was just going to ask if they would have any plus sized clothes. I am pooh sized and have a hard time finding clothes to fit me other than a big T-shirt. Hopefully this place will carry some. I think now is a bad time to open any new shop that sells $70 T-shirts. People are lucky to be able to afford to go at all so not too many will want to spend that kind of money.

Well, Vault 28 sells Men's t-shirts as well. They are large. I am not sure if this place will sell any men's stuff. Doesn't sound like it. Vault 28 is like 1/4 men's stuff, 3/4 women's stuff (and a handful of baby/toddler shirts). The thing is, only a fraction of the stuff in there is actually Disney clothing. The rest is not.

I just went into Vault 28 today. They now have some lower priced t's, around the $35-50 priceline, which is still high, but they were cute, and unique. However, Disney has begun to carry a lot of similar styles in the stores in the parks (slim fit, "retro" femme t's) so there is definitely direct competition. It's hard to justify paying so much more for, essentially, the same type of product.

Figment!
03-13-2009, 11:24 AM
**Update**

lockedoutlogic
03-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Another store that will hang around in relative anonymity for 5-10 years and then go away.....

seems like we've been down this road before

LauraleeH
03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
They said they will carry brands...like Roxy...that you can find anywhere else at DTD. Ummm, what happened to Summer Sands? I always go shopping there and get cute Roxy stuff.

doombuggy
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I thought I read that it was going to "soft open" tomoorw (3/19).

Tren-D is replacing Summer Sands, but i don't know where else in DTD you could purchase Roxy - Summer Sands was the only place that I know of that sold that brand.

LauraleeH
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
I thought I read that it was going to "soft open" tomoorw (3/19).

Tren-D is replacing Summer Sands, but i don't know where else in DTD you could purchase Roxy - Summer Sands was the only place that I know of that sold that brand.
Are you serious?! I had no idea they were "replacing" Summer Sands!!! I'm freaking out right now...ugh this is just so typical :mad:
Well now there is absolutely no reason for me and my family to go back to Downtown Disney :(

Edit: I just read the bottom line of the article how this used to be Summer Sands. Does anyone know when SS closed?

valjane
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Those of you looking for Roxy stuff: there's a shop in Adventureland that sells quite a bit. Also the Poly gift shop. :)

LauraleeH
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Those of you looking for Roxy stuff: there's a shop in Adventureland that sells quite a bit. Also the Poly gift shop. :)
I do like the shop in Adventureland, but I've never even been to the Polynesian! Weird, I know. Thanks for the info :thumbsup: