PDA

View Full Version : Visiting other hotels

JoF
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I am hoping some of you can give me some general advice regarding visiting other hotels within WDW.
I am staying at POFQ in October :party: and my family want to go to AKL possibly for breakfast and a swim in the pool.
I am presuming there will be no problem with this - unless any of you can inform me otherwise.
Thanks for your help

IamBelle
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I don't think you can go in other resorts' pools besides the one you are staying at...

Tinkerfreak
02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Looking around is fine but you can't swim in the AKL pool unless you are a resort guest. Sorry!
You will really enjoy the peacefulness of the resort and you can view the animals. There are viewing areas and rocking chairs to sit in and relax.

KylesMom
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
I am staying at POFQ in October and my family want to go to AKL possibly for breakfast and a swim in the pool.
I am presuming there will be no problem with this - unless any of you can inform me otherwise.
As previously mentioned, you can certainly go for breakfast at any of the resorts, but you cannot pool hop (unless you were a member of DVC). As you can imagine, guests would be flocking to all of the "best" pools on property, thus allowing for very crowded situations for the guests that actually paid for the resorts with the premier pools.

TheDuckRocks
02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Staying at POFQ does allow you to use the pool at Riverside on Ol' Man Island as they are "sister" resorts. We have always used a taxi to get to AKL from PO cost about $10- $15 dollars much quicker and you don't have to change busses.

LynneM
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
but you cannot pool hop (unless you were a member of DVC).

Even DVC members are not permitted to use the AKL/AKV pool unless they're staying there.

OP, many resorts (esp. deluxes) do random resort ID checks at the pool. Those who can't produce an ID for that resort are asked to leave.

You're welcome to visit any resort and dine, shop, walk around the grounds, and rent recreational equipment where available. But the pools are off limits unless you're a guest of that resort.

FiggyFan
02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
If you have a car while you are at WDW, you can get a temporary parking pass at any resort - just stop at the guard booth on the entrance driveway. If I remember correctly,these passes are good for three hours.

kemps@wdw
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Dining @ another resort is fine. But I believe "pool-hopping" is highly discouraged! :nono:

JoF
02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks for all your advice chaps - I guess we won't be using the pool:(
I stayed at AKL with my niece (then 5 years old) back in 2006 and she is keen to go there again - I may have to avoid AKL altogether though as trying to keep her out of a swimming pool is extremely hard!