PDA

View Full Version : Non-Automatic Toilet Sightings

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Would you believe that there are restrooms that DON'T have the auto flushers still in existance at WDW?!?
For those of us that have children that are currently or have been afraid of the auto toilets this is great information.

I personally found 2 restrooms in DHS that had manual flush....the upstairs women's restroom at Pizza Planet and the women's restrooms outside of the new American Idol venue near the Great Movie Ride side.

If anyone knows of any others in other parks....post it here for those that have children with issues with the auto toilets.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
You can always get stickers and sticky-notes. Just place them over the sensor before your child uses the restroom and them let them do their business. After they are done, and have moved, remove the sticky note and then push the little button to flush the toilet. Also, all of the Baby Care Centers have lower toilets for training-age children, all with manual flush.

mrmcgiv
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
My daughter was afraid f them too when she was little. She is 7 now and OK. Some of them arte so loud they are scary!!!!!

It took me a while, btu i figured out the trick to block the sensor. It sensor that someone is there..then when they get up it senses they are NOT there and flushes. Blocking the senson, like Jessice says, solves this. It the usually a black square......and may have a red light. GL

BelleKP
02-02-2009, 09:38 AM
I was going to suggest stickers as well . . . in fact while training my DD I always carried a pack of Disney Princess stickers with me. My DD got to choose the princess and place it over the sensor herself . . . when finished her business she would remove the sticker and TA DA! I've also been known to tie a "Magic Bow" around sensors that are on a post :D My daughter is now 4 1/2 and just yesterday we were at the mall and upon seeing the toilet asked for a 'Magic Bow'. I told her she was a big girl now and no longer needed it . . . I told her she knew what to do. To which she replied . . . 'I know, I just sit tall like a princess on a throne until I'm done!" :thumbsup:
Oh what we do for our children!! :)

#1donaldfan
02-02-2009, 12:52 PM
.....this got me thinking......

this past NYE my son and I were at the Yacht Club utilizing the facalities and he never laughed so hard as when the thing would keep flushing, flushing, flushing.....no matter how still you were......funny to us I suppose...:blush:

wdwdreamer
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
The first time we every went to Disney my daugher was 4 and we had a broken automatic flusing toliet in the airport that just kept flush and flushing every time she sat down.

Needless to say she wanted nothing to do with going and would just torture herself by saying she didn't have to go and when I forced her to go and sit you would have thought I was killing her by the way she carried on.

Needless to say she is now 13 and we laugh about it for years now. But it was tramatic back then... I feel your pain.

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:17 AM
You can always get stickers and sticky-notes. Just place them over the sensor before your child uses the restroom and them let them do their business. After they are done, and have moved, remove the sticky note and then push the little button to flush the toilet. Also, all of the Baby Care Centers have lower toilets for training-age children, all with manual flush.

just don't forget to remove the sticky!!!! ha ha :D