PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Cinderella

limegreenmonorail
02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm taking my 9-year-old cousin to WDW, and she's dying to meet Cinderella (she's never been to WDW before). I'm trying to decide between Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, or dinner at 1900 Park Fare. For those of you who have tried both, which is a better experience? I'm leaning towards 1900 Park Fare, because we're on the dining plan and I can do this and breakfast in Norway with the princesses, so she'll still get to meet all the princesses, including Cinderella, and we'll get 2 meals rather than 1. But if you think Cinderella's Royal Table is worth the 2 TS credits, I'm game for that, too! :mickey: I've done breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before, but never been there for dinner, and I've never been to Cinderella's Royal Table at all.

joanna71985
02-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm taking my 9-year-old cousin to WDW, and she's dying to meet Cinderella (she's never been to WDW before). I'm trying to decide between Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, or dinner at 1900 Park Fare. For those of you who have tried both, which is a better experience? I'm leaning towards 1900 Park Fare, because we're on the dining plan and I can do this and breakfast in Norway with the princesses, so she'll still get to meet all the princesses, including Cinderella, and we'll get 2 meals rather than 1. But if you think Cinderella's Royal Table is worth the 2 TS credits, I'm game for that, too! :mickey: I've done breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before, but never been there for dinner, and I've never been to Cinderella's Royal Table at all.

I have done both CRT (lunch) and 1900 Park Fare dinner. I love them both. CRT is awsome (and the food for lunch is really good). But 1900 Park Fare was really good too. Prince Charming was really nice, and the Stepsisters were a riot! I like doing both (I didn't like Norway that much), and do both everytime now.

dismeag
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
1900 park fair is a lot better then cinderella's royal table trust me royal table is not worth it you should realy go to 1900 park fair. hear is anther tip if she realy likes cinderella keep a look out in the magic kindom for the step mother and step sisters they are so funney you must see them i hope you have a great time there:mickey:

katzctkpt
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I would go to 1900 Park Fare you will be able to see Prince Charming, Lady Tremane, the stepsisters, and Cinderella. They do come to the tables and there is good interaction with all. We have been 4 times and this trip we are trying the CRT just because it's in the castle and we've always wanted to try the breakfast from there and finally got reservations.

PrettyMinnie
02-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I love CRT, especially the wishing ceremony and the fairy Godmother, however I too enjoy 1900 Park Fare. If you want to get 2 meals instead of one go for the 1900 Park Fare, they are both great experiences. :minnie:

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Your cousin might be doubly excited to meet Cinderella, and BE in her castle!! I think that is the ultimate princess meal, in the heart of the MK. How exciting it would be to show her the castle for the first time and tell her that is where she is meeting Cinderella! Thats what I would do. Being 9 and being in WDW for the first time comes but once in a lifetime. :cloud9:

tinksmom02
02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe you could involve her in the decision? I think it's awesome to be in the castle, but I don't really think it's worth 2 TS. We did breakfast once and have no desire to return.

Your cousin might enjoy two different meals, and meeting a variety of princesses (and Prince Charming, who is quite charming, plus the stepfamily), as opposed to just one meal and a smaller group of characters. Plus, at CRT you only meet Cindy for pics, she doesn't visit your table.

Either way will be great, I know...tought choice!

Tippy
02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I have 2 x DD's who were 4 & 7 on our last visit spring 2008. We did both Cinderella & 1900 Park Fare. The food at 1900 Park Fare is much better.
If the child is a big Cinderella fan then hands down go the castle if you can get in. The castle includes a picture to take home of the child with Cinderella and being in the castle is very special. Other princesses are there as well.
I would not go to back to the princess dinner in Norway since on our visit there I felt it was so rushed with the princess and totally disliked the food offerings.
If your child adores the stepmother, stepsisters and prince then 1900 Park Fare is a good option.
Keep in mind childern don't care about the food as much. We are going in September and hands down my girls want to head back to Cinderella's castle.
I hope this helped.

Lucyrella
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
We have also dined at both the castle and 1900 Park Fare. The castle experience is great for little girls, especially if you are doing the BBB before hand. The pictures given to you is a nice keepsake. WE totally loved the 1900 Park Fare for our daughters birthdays, the interaction with the characters was fantastic. Just remember to take your camera. We have also had both breakfast and lunch at the Norway place with the princesses, we do breakfast so we can meet Mulan, (my girls are adopted from China, so this is a must do) then we do a lunch there simply because we saw the major princesses at lunch, Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and then given a photo of Belle with the girls. So each has its own magic and charm. Tough decision for sure, but you will have a great time no matter what!

GrmGrninGost
02-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Tough choice! If feasible, why not do both? They are totally different experiences and both well worth the while! But, if I were pushed, I would do 1900 PF just to visit with the stepsisters. They are a hoot! :mickey:

limegreenmonorail
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
All right, you all convinced me...I'm dropping the Norway breakfast idea, and we'll do both CRT (assuming we can get ressies) and 1900 Park Fare. I'm excited!!!