PDA

View Full Version : Still need to arrive in AM for TSM?

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I experienced my first ever race to an attraction in August for Toy Story Mania. We'd like to ride this again, but I don't want to arrive before rope drop for the mad dash. How about arriving about 10 or 11 am? Would we still be able to ride? What are waits like these days?

handmaidenofprincesses
02-01-2009, 01:19 PM
It was still pretty crazy when I was there a couple of weeks ago.. we were at the rope drop, ran to the ride and I got 11:30 FP. Wait times were anywhere between 1-2 hours. It's still sort of insane! I like TSM and all, but I'll take Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin any day!!

joanna71985
02-01-2009, 01:22 PM
I experienced my first ever race to an attraction in August for Toy Story Mania. We'd like to ride this again, but I don't want to arrive before rope drop for the mad dash. How about arriving about 10 or 11 am? Would we still be able to ride? What are waits like these days?

At that point, there is a chance FP could be gone (at the least, they would be for late at night), and at least an hour wait.

TinkerbellT421
02-01-2009, 02:50 PM
We arrived at DHS (we were just there I think we went on or around January 8th, dont have my trip notes on me, but some where around that date) and we arrived at the park around 9 am and the wait was already very high...I think it was around 160 minutes and when we arrived back for our fastpass at 11:15...they were sold out completely of fastpasses and the standby line was wayyyyy higher...

Daisy'sMom
02-01-2009, 03:19 PM
We were planning to go to HS on Tuesday in the morning just to ride Mania. We were going to park there, do the ride along with GMR, then on to MK, then Epcot for the rest of the day. We may have to rethink this. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
We went in June and I didn't think the line was all that bad. Granted we arrived before rope drop on an EMH morning. We did ToT and RnRC then made our way to TSM. I don't remember the exact time of the wait, but we also road Star Tours and were leaving the park by around 10am. Since we were only in the park for about 2 hours I can't imagine we waited more than 30 minutes for TSM. I'm interested to see how it goes for you in March. We are going back in June and I'd rather not do the morning EMH again. It was just too early for us.

Ian
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Based on my experiences in December, I would say ... no chance!

You need to be there right at opening and join the mad dash to even have a shot at getting on without a 60-90 minute wait.

mudpuppysmom
02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
We were there on Dec 10 and for some reason it escaped my mind that TSM was there.....so when we happened upon it was about 8 pm and the stanby line was 45 minutes.....which was really not that bad, it was moving fast until we got in front of Mr. Potato Head....then the ride broke down and we stood there forEVERRRRRRRRR it seemed.....our 45 minutes turned into more like an hour and 45 minutes!! We walked out at 9:30ish.

We all liked it but decided that a wait of more than 20 minutes was just not worth it, as is basically the case with all the rides, but sometimes you have to wait longer -- which we did in December a LOT!

I can say at least on Buzz.....I got 999999!!! Don't ask me how though......I can't remember!

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone, that helps. I think we will pass on this on our upcoming. None of us want to take part in the opening rush again, and we did get to enjoy it twice in August.

CaptSmee
02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Based on my experiences in December, I would say ... no chance!

You need to be there right at opening and join the mad dash to even have a shot at getting on without a 60-90 minute wait.

Not entirely true...we arrived around 10-ish got a FP with everyone else (the machines were starting to run out by the time we got ours) and got in line when it said there was a 50 min wait. Our actual wait was only about 25 minutes. I read on another board that if the line is not out the door then the wait is under an hour. Not sure if this is true, but it was in our case.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Just got back tonight from a week at WDW. (Jan. 25-Feb.1) Now the longest wait we saw was 70 minutes. With FP still available past lunch time. Now, we did not check the wait on Saturday the 31st which was to be the busiest day we saw the entire week we were there.
Our first ride, the wait was posted at 20 minutes but it took us only 10.

Mousemates
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
we were there in Jan...and the fast passes were gone early....we used to run to the right for TOT and RnR...but know it staight back to TSM...if riding this ride is important I'd get there early.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been to WDW since March of '08, has the hype around TSM lessened the lines at Soarin' at all? It seems like the new "big thing" always has the biggest lines (with the exception of Expedition: Everest, which I swear in the 9 months I worked at WDW I never saw have more than a 45 minute line).

crltkcagle
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
We haven't seen this attraction yet so thanks for the heads up!

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been to WDW since March of '08, has the hype around TSM lessened the lines at Soarin' at all? It seems like the new "big thing" always has the biggest lines (with the exception of Expedition: Everest, which I swear in the 9 months I worked at WDW I never saw have more than a 45 minute line).

We were in EPCOT everyday. Rode Soarin several times..>All with FP's...Never saw the line under 45 minutes. Unless it was late in the day/night and then it would be about 25....But FP's were still available. But with only one machine open.

Goes4FastPass
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I think WDW has so many repeat, repeat, repeat every year visitors that when ANYthing new opens the demand is very high.

When we were there in December we had to set an alarm for almost predawn to make the rope drop and mad dash.

It was that or hope for a FastPass before they ran out and a return time that could be hours after making the trek to TSM to pick the FPs up.

It's a fun attraction but the managers at DHS must shake their heads and think, "What a bunch of fools."

Mandykay
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I was at DHS TODAY and the first thing I did was get my fp for TSM at about 9:10. My return time was for 10:50. The stand-by entrance said a 40 minute wait. I decided to take my chances and got in line. It took about 30 minutes, and there was no line outside the building. When I went back for my fast pass time there were still fast passes available, but for a return time of 6:00. The stand-by line was about 75 minutes. The park wasn't busy at all today...I think most the guests were there just for TSM:mickey: I'm kidding about that part, but the rest of the park was pretty dead today.

megustamex
02-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Just got back. A few days ago we went to TSM at 10:00 am- it was going to be an EMH evening so I'm sure the parks might have been more crowded in the am, but still...the fast pass was for 2:20-3:20.

Disney1977
02-12-2009, 01:53 PM
We were at the Studios on Monday January 26 and the wait was 90 minutes in the afternoon. All the fastpasses were gone. We did not wait.

Next time I will know better and go early.

Bobby T
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Just some quick stats since I was just there last Monday.

Got in at 9:15 (Park opened at 9 no morning EMH), went right to TSM and got FP's for 11:35 to 12:35. Standby time was 45 minutes so we went in line and waited about 30 to get onto the ride. When we came out, FP's were 3:35 to 4:35. We came back to do our FP at 12:15 and the FP's were done. Park was open until 7 and there was an evening EMH.

awaggett
02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
re: TSM

We were at THS in mid-December. Got to the park around 2:30, of course all the FPs were gone. Wait time was 90 minutes. This was my first trip with kids (not mine!) and the five year old was so upset to miss TSM. We went back to the ride around 4:30 and the wait was 120 minutes, but not outside the building. We decided to stick it out (according to the 5 y/o, 2 hours is less than 8 hours--I love the kid's logic!). We ended up only waiting 25 minutes. Not sure if that was an anomaly or not, but it worked well for us!

re: Soarin'

Again, there in mid-December, Friday night EMH. Got in line at 11 pm and waited 50 minutes. FPs were gone when we got to the park around 3.