PDA

View Full Version : what is a good restaurant ?

dismeag
02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
we are going in feb we cant diside on a good restarurant could you give us your oppion on a good restaurant it would help us a lot :mickey:

beksy
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
What type of restaurant are you looking for? Quiet, fun, romantic? Also are you traveling with kids and thinking of something with characters? I personally like Garden Grill for the food, atmosphere, and characters. I've heard that Ohana is great too if you don't mind the noise (I'm trying it in May! :thumbsup:). Our favorite restaurant to just sit-down and relax was the Kona (great desserts). World Showcase has some great places too. I'm sure other opinions will be along shortly. I'm a plain foods type person so haven't done any signature meals except CRT.

Hull-onian
02-01-2009, 11:00 AM
:welcome: to Intercot. Well, we figure out what parks we are going to be on what days, and then go from there.

If our resort only has a food court, we plan to go to a deluxe resort for breakfast sometimes.
Lunch, we wing it. Where ever we are at the time. we will do a counter service, a Mickey Bar, popcorn, icecream, etc. Now for dinner, that is different. If we are at MK, we try to go to Chef Mickeys, The Wave, or the Poly. We don't go to the GF, cause I don't know why.
When we go to EPCOT, we try to plan for something for dinner at the World Showcase. However, if you go to France, cross the bridge and take a left, you can exit go right to Cape May Cafe, which is excellent. It opens at 5:30, is a buffet, and very good. If you want to stay in the World Showcase, you have a few good choices. Oktoberfest, buffet, a lot of fun. Coral Reef--romantic dining. LeCellier--not bad which is in Canada. The new Italian one, can't remember it's name. For a few.
At Hollywood Studios--Prime Time 50's cafe is our fav. At Animal Kingdom, we like to go to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. It is excellent. Good coffee too. Inside the park, there is Yak and Yeti (Asian fare) or Tusker house buffet, all American. If you want, you can try a resort too. So many choices. Ask again, if you need more info.

markyv
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Another vote for garden grill. My family loves the food and characters there.

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Ohana's would be our pick for favorite food and experience. Music, fun, views and terrific food!

DisneyGlutton
02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
If you have the $, I would highly recommend California Grill at Contemporary or Flying Fish at Boardwalk. They are my two favorite restaurants in all of WDW. If you want a less pricey option, I would say Raglan Road Irish Pub at DTD as it has really sophisticated pub food at good prices.

grumpydude
02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
If u have kids.:party: 50s primetime

elmjimmlm
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM
We discovered Yak and Yeti last month and this is one of the better restaurants IMO...:tasty:

Natazu
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Check out this thread, it might help: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=149266)

AmandaChan
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Raglan Road in DTD is one of our favorites and we make sure we got there each time.

hardingella
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Heres our favourites

MK-Crystal Palace for character dining

HS-50s Prime Time or Si-Fi (both great fun)

EPCOT-Rose and Crown(TS) or Electric Umbrella(CS)

Signanture Dining-Artist Point at WL or Brown Derby HS(couldnt choose between them)

I would have no hesitation going to any of these with or without children. DD9 and DS6 loved all of these.:mickey:

SBETigg
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
You want to decide and make a reservation (ADR) soon. Availability can be limited. California Grill, 'Ohana, Grand Floridian Cafe, and many places around World Showcase in Epcot are great to try. What are you looking for specifically? Romantic meal, family meal, character dining, fine dining, casual-- there are so many great restaurants that people would recommend in many different circumstances.

GoofyGirl18
02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Our Favorites:

MK - Pecos Bill - CS with really good burgers

Epcot - Le Cellier, Nine Dragons & San Angel

I've found the food at AK & HS to be marginal, but look forward to trying Yak & Yeti in June!

:cloud9: