PDA

View Full Version : VIP Fastpass

limegreenmonorail
02-01-2009, 02:39 AM
I heard about these VIP fastpasses that you get for going to the DVC info session/tour in the parks. What are these, and are they worth the wasted park time to go to the DVC presentation? Can they be used in all the parks? DVC sounds great, but I can tell you right now it's going to be far in the future before I have the money for that kind of thing. ;)

tjstrike
02-01-2009, 04:23 AM
We did the dvc pres. and bought into dvc and never received any VIP fastpasses. I have heard of the dream pass but never been lucky enough to get any. :(

Maleficent's Dad
02-01-2009, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure if there's an "official policy" re the distribution of perks for taking tours with DVC.

A few years ago, we heard all about these perks; since we were already DVC members, we went to SSR to visit our sales' rep. He spoke to us for a while, gave us refreshments, gave ice cream to the kids, and when we were leaving, gave us each a plastic "credit card" type of FastPass.

The cards were each good for up to five (or so? :scratch:) uses. When inserted into the FP kiosk, they'd give you a FP that was good immediately.

We saved them and used these over several days at different parks.

I'm not sure that they're "worth it" just to do the tour, but they were a nice thing to receive. I haven't heard/read of them in a while, but a few years ago, they were discussed quite often.

Perhaps DVC stopped this perk. I don't know. I do know that if you're pressed for time on vacation, the tour isn't worth it just to get the FP's - and that's assuming they still give 'em out.

madi47
02-01-2009, 08:15 AM
my dh and I took the tour in August 08. It was great - my dd got to play in a room filled with games and stuff and we got to tour the rooms. (we did buy into the AKL DVC) At the end we all got the cards with the FP. It was great. My Father, SM and Sister were with us and they gave them the cards too. Just ask when you are there.

Ian
02-01-2009, 08:52 AM
As far as I'm aware, the gift FP's are only given out if you actually buy DVC, not just for sitting through the presentation.

We sat through two DVC presentations before buying in and we didn't get anything other than free ice cream on the way out.

Cheloconnell
02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
My DH and I sat through the presentation in December. We were staying at the Contemporary for our Anniversary and there was a card in the room to receive a $100 gift card to sit through the presentation. We had booked the DVC tour before our trip and had to rebook to get the $100 gift card. It was a nice perk, but I guess it was because we stayed at the Contemporary and they are selling BLT. It wasn't for all. No fastpasses, but the gift card was well worth it :thumbsup:

tink179
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
We were just there last week. We were invited by Paul from Fantasyland and we were told that we would also get the VIP fastpasses for just attending and not buying. I told him we may not have time to go to that until towards the end of our trip though, and he said if we go and we find that the crowds have slowed down enough that we really wouldn't need the VIP Fastpasses just to tell them that we preferred the gift card instead. We ended up not having enough time to go to it, but we wanted too! We wouldn't have bought into the DVC yet, but the perks just for going would've been nice! :mickey:

limegreenmonorail
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks, everybody! It's good to know they're still doing this...my aunt heard about this from a neighbor who took advantage of this months ago, and I didn't know if it was still an option. I don't know if we'll take the time to do this, but we might!

Rosemickey68
02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
If your going just to see if you get the VIP Fast Pass I would say it isn't worth your time.
We went to the presentation last year because we were interested in checking out the DVC. We did not expect anything other than getting our questions answered as we are very interested in the future of joining we just don't have the $$$ right now.
We were lucky enough to get the VIP Fastpasses for me and DH, it was a plastic card good for 3 uses each. It was a wonderful perk that was a total suprise (and no we didn't buy). Of course we were at WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary (so they could of given them to us because of that)
The VIP FP came in handy as we got to walk on EE at AK when there was a 2 hour wait, KS at AK was a walk on when the wait was an hour. And yes, you can use the VIP FP at any of the parks, you just have to remember it is only good for 3 FP's, so choose wisely!!
I don't know that they always pass this out just for sitting through the presentation.
To give you an estimate of time you would be taking up.
The DVC van picked us up at our resort and took us to Saratoga Springs where the DVC office was. Travel time roundtrip took about 40minutes.
We were there for about 2 hours, we got to see the sample rooms for the AK Villas and got to tour SS rooms as well and ask all of our questions.
Hope that helps with your decision!:mickey: