PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yetti?

Going2HeavenRU
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I love Chinese food and am wondering if the Yak & Yetti place is a counter service meal or a sit down.

How is the food and where is it located in AK? I have never seen it before. Thanks

disneydeb
01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
It is both! Get ressies for the sit down and walk up for the counter service. We did sit down in December. It was good, but not my favorite. Next trip, I'll just do the counter service.. The menus are little bit different.

Natazu
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes. ;)
There is a Table Service Y&Y and a Counter Service Y&Y. The TS location is very good. It's probably one of my favorite new places in a decade. The CS location is not. They are slow, the ingredients aren't fresh, and the preparation quality is inconsistent.

DumboMom
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
My family loved the Yak and Yeti. We went on a whim and it was wonderful. The service was great along with the food. Finally a place where the kids could get something other than mac & cheese or chicken nuggets.
We had ressies for our next trip but cancelled them with the intention of hitting the counter service but after that last post I might call and try to get them again. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-31-2009, 04:16 PM
We were there a month ago and did the TS and loved it...I think that this will be a must do every trip...:thumbsup:

PlutoToo
01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
This was our favorite TS our last trip. We ate at Nine Dragons, San Angel, and Le Cellier. Le Cellier was good, but pricey. The other TS just weren't up to the standards of the year before. We'll go back here. (and part of the second story tables overlook the parade route. shhhh)

Luv Eeyore
01-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Not very fond of the CS, but the TS is a must do for our entire family (even our very picky DS).

JPL
01-31-2009, 11:58 PM
I like the TS and had some very good meals there sitting at the bar even on the most crowded days. Never tried the counter service because it only has outdoor seating and it was raining one time, too cold another time and then way too hot to eat outside the next time.

Maleficent's Dad
02-01-2009, 07:05 AM
The TS is a much welcomed addition to the AK park. I cannot speak for the CS, however. Although reading above, it doesn't seem to get very high marks...

Hull-onian
02-01-2009, 10:16 AM
We are making our ressies today. It will be ninety days out. We are going to AK on a Wednesday, so we will go after the parade. AK closes a little later that night. So we are looking forward to our dinner at Yak and Yeti. After reading these reviews, I think it will be :tasty:.

Crow
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
tried the TS at the bar last trip & liked it a lot....will probably go again.

JPL
02-01-2009, 11:45 PM
We are going to AK on a Wednesday, so we will go after the parade.

Just be careful it's not during the parade because they will not let you cross the parade route. I saw a bunch of frustrated people trying to get to their ADR at Tuskers House and the CMs would not let them cross. And if it is during the parade make sure you are on that side of the viewing area.

IamBelle
02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
The food is really good at the table service. I love the desserts. The dessert won tons are really good and the mango pie is delicious!! Also, the Lo Mein is really good, it's the best Asian food I have had in Florida.

AmandaChan
02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
We've only had the counter service and we liked it a lot. The egg rolls are good, and we felt we got plenty of food. The only thing I HATE about it is the lack of shading when it is really busy. That park gets hot hot hot and there are hardly any umbrellas in the Yak and Yeti vicinity.

JPL
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I love the desserts. The dessert won tons are really good

The dessert wontons are almost worth the price of airfare.

Going2HeavenRU
02-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback!

Where is Y&Y located in AK? Is it near Mt Everest?

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
i just returned from my trip,and had booked a ressie because of all the wonderful things I heard on here,and i have to express my dissapointment,the restaurants service and atmosphere were lovely,but my meal was nothing but chicken nuggets with a sauce on it,i know this because my kids had chicken nuggets,i ordered the honey chicken,it was definitly not the greatest asian meal i ever had,i ordered the fried wontons for desert,the concept was beautiful,but the wontons were greasy,neddless to say,i was very dissapointed,but maybe it was an off day,or i ordered the wrong thing.