PDA

View Full Version : What sports stars have you seen in the parks?

disneydoug
01-31-2009, 11:10 AM
With a super bowl parade coming soon, I thought this might be good.

I have seen Joe Namath, Phil Simms and Heath Schuler.

Also talked to Larry Johnson, Dallas Clark and Nate Kaeding at ESPN Club.

Talked to Darrell Talley at length at ESPN club. I'm from WV, so we had more to say. He was awesome.

Scott C
01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
If I am not mistaken -- that was Brett Favre yelling at me for wearing my Daunte Culpepper Vikings jersey at AK a few years back.

Thanks
Scott C

grumpydude
02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I saw Cris Carter and Mercury Morris at DHS for ESPN weekend.:thumbsup:

IamBelle
02-02-2009, 07:53 AM
We saw Michael Phelps in August and got great pics! On the same trip, my dad also swore he saw some old Bruins player, (I don't remember who it was) waiting for the boat to DHS in WS.

kathiep
02-02-2009, 10:40 AM
In September, we rode Toy Story Mania right in from of Roger Clemens...

princessjojo
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
We saw Michael Phelps in August...
So did we, during the parade. It was completely unexpected for us, but was really cool.

#1donaldfan
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Speaking of the Super Bowl parade, no one said last night, after the game...."We're going to Disney World"......I wonder why ???:confused:

dteed
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Brett Favre, by the bathrooms near Mission space. Doug Flutie in GF.

grumpypima
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Speaking of the Super Bowl parade, no one said last night, after the game...."We're going to Disney World"......I wonder why ???

I know, I was watching for that too! But hey, Bruce Springsteen did say, "I'm going to Disneyland" after his half-time performance. Now I Know that Disneyland is not the same thing as Disney World but at least he got Disney in there....

LovinWDW
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
In Oct, 2007 we saw Donovan McNabb on a live set in DHS. It was set up on the street that leads to ToT. They were actually pulling park guests in for the extras. It was cool to watch.

Rosemickey68
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
We stayed at the Yacht Club in Dec '94 and my brother rode in the elevator with Nancy Kerrigan, she was there filming a Christmas Ice Skating Special.

MegPeg85
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Saw Scottie Pippin at MK one day several years ago....also saw Michelle Kwan during an ESPN The Weekend a few years ago too

PrettyMinnie
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I know he's not an athlete, but we saw John Travolta in April 07. He was doing an interview in front of the castle! :minnie:

Mousemates
02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Our sports stars are still future one....but it appeared that most of the UnderArmour High School all-americans were in the parks during our recent stay in late Dec to early Jan. will know which ones made it big in about 4 years...my DD (16) found them very interesting even thou they were in their pre-stars day.

disneydoug
02-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I agree about the Under Armor High School kids.

bdm@pga
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Not an athlete but I was on the disney cruise with Michael Anthony, bass player for Van Halen. Great guy!

And we also daw Brian Dawkins (Phil. Eagles) last Spring at the hat stand in tomorrow land.

JPL
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
While not in the parks I saw Martin Brodeur from the New Jersey Devils on my plane back to NJ. I overheard him talking and I believe he was golfing at the World I now have a unique sugned DME boarding pass folder signed by him in my collection :thumbsup:

Tinkerbellaella
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
My husband and I saw Dianne Keaton as we were in line for Pirates. We loaded in the same boat. Her group was in the front and we were in the back of the boat. The ride broke down halfway through. So, we sat there for awhile and she started to sing Christmas carols with the kids she was with. This was a bummer because they had to turn the lights on in the ride.

kakn7294
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I saw tons of kids from Pop Warner in Dec 2006... While not exactly in the parks, in Dec 2006 we saw the group of college football players (sorry, the names escape me right now) who were at WDW for awards presentations (can't remember which awards either). We were at the ESPN Club to watch the Steelers defeat Cleveland and when we left, the boys were wandering around outside along the boardwalk.

CaptainSad
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Speaking of the Super Bowl parade, no one said last night, after the game...."We're going to Disney World"......I wonder why ???:confused:

Disney just stopped doing it about 6 years ago. I think they said it was past it's time.

LittleRoosMommy
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
The Super Bowl ad for Disney has been airing on ESPN since late Sunday night/early Monday morning. This year they didn't just use the MVP of the game, they invited 2 players. Santanio and Big Ben were invited and made the commercial. Santonio was there yesterday and Ben will be going at a later date.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!! We finally got the 6-pack!!:cloud9:

stitch34
02-03-2009, 06:01 PM
We saw Warren Sapp at the bus stop of our resort last year. We were also there when Shaq was in MK. We didn't see him:( but heard others talking about it on the bus ride back to the resort.

KevMcNJ
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
While not in the parks I saw Martin Brodeur from the New Jersey Devils on my plane back to NJ. I overheard him talking and I believe he was golfing at the World I now have a unique sugned DME boarding pass folder signed by him in my collection :thumbsup:

Martin Brodeur?

never heard of him:D

bdm@pga
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I saw the add today. It was Rothlesburger and another player both saying..I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!

cinderellagrl
02-07-2009, 03:04 AM
In July of last year we saw Shaq leaving Typhoon Lagoon! It was funny, because he had to duck to go under the entrance near the turnstyles!

Melanie
02-07-2009, 07:24 AM

I know, I was watching for that too! But hey, Bruce Springsteen did say, "I'm going to Disneyland" after his half-time performance. Now I Know that Disneyland is not the same thing as Disney World but at least he got Disney in there....

Disney just stopped doing it about 6 years ago. I think they said it was past it's time.

They stopped it for one year (2005). This year, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger filmed the commercial, but as previously stated, only Santonio came the day after the Super Bowl.

And hey, some of us actually prefer Disneyland to WDW in some ways. Expand your Disney horizons. ;)

Greenlawler
02-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I saw A.J. Stlyes there once.....of course how many of you know who he is?

Greenlawler
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
The Super Bowl ad for Disney has been airing on ESPN since late Sunday night/early Monday morning. This year they didn't just use the MVP of the game, they invited 2 players. Santanio and Big Ben were invited and made the commercial. Santonio was there yesterday and Ben will be going at a later date.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!! We finally got the 6-pack!!:cloud9:

Six more to go and you will catch the Packers

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-07-2009, 01:27 PM
:thumbsup: Tiger Woods and Wayne Gretzky.
Both were just enjoying the day - no crowds around them and nobody approached them either while we were there.
They were not together - different trips.

ryobi88
02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
well as a die hard eagles football fan my players have yet to be able to say "i`am going to wdw ":confused:

DAKustodial
02-09-2009, 10:32 AM
When I was a CM I saw a whole bunch of QBs who were in town for the Quarterback Challenge. I remember seeing Brett Favre and Jeff George on one afternoon.

A few years ago I was sitting in the roped off section at Fantasmic! and two tour guides and their groups sat down right behind us. I kept pretending to get up and stretch before the show to try to see who they were with. Turns out one party included Apollo Anton Ohno, and the other was Joe Sakic and his family. Sakic complained about Fantasmic! pretty much the entire time, not quietly either, then when it was over he told his wife that Disneyland's was better. It's always fun to tell people about the time Joe Sakic ruined Fantasmic! for my wife and I!

Disneywarrior
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I met Kurt Warner at the Beach Club last June!

Imagineer1981
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Being a former CM I saw lots of sports stars, my favorite was seeing Brett Hull, but I am a hockey fan

CaptSmee
02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers Hines Ward & family. They were grand marshalls in the parade 2 or 3 Januarys ago

wifey5794
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I literally ran into Vincent D'Onofio (LOCI) at GF a few years ago and saw Ryan Seacrest at CG and said hello to him at DHS in November 08.

minnie04
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey #1 Donald Fan, I did see two of the players saying they were going to Disney World I think it was the Quarterback of the Steelers and a player, but i know they said it !!!! :mickey:

Oh yeah, I did see Shannon Sharp there one year.

But dont worry Chad Pennington wont forget to say it next year!!!!
Go Dolphins!!!!!

dixielandings
02-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I saw Dr. J in a parade a few years ago. That hardly counts, though, since it was ESPN weekend and there were a bunch of sports stars there.

However, I didn't know who he was at the time, but DH pointed out Hines Ward to me in Central Plaza at MK about 4 years ago.

tinkx2
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I keep seeing this "ESPN weekend". When is this and do they do this every year? Thanks for the info.

AHOTE
02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
We got to see Dallas Cowboys, Emmitt Smith :football: in the Studio parade in 1994 but the cool thing was we hadn't realized that a group of his team mates were standing directly behind us. We only realized that when they started to torment him. After the parade we got photos with them and they took us to meet Emmitt for some more photos. That was an added bonus to our trip.
On another trip we were in the MK when :princess: Princess Diana, William & Harry were at the park. The place was crawling with press and paparazzi. It was the first time I had heard the PA system used in the parks. Disney requesting in strong terms that all members of the press etc. meet at a specific location or risk being expelled from the park and to turn off all communication devices. It turned out that their walkie talkies were interfering with some of the shows. We were able to get to see Diana, William & Harry from the line as they loaded at Splash Mountain.