PDA

View Full Version : Buses at POR

beksy
01-31-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm almost afraid to bring this up--I don't want to start an arguement! Whether we like it or not people with ECVs have to load on the buses first. This trip I will be one of those with an ECV. I was wondering how buses at POR work with pick-up with ECVs? If I understand correctly, POFQ gets picked up first so it seems like someone would always be on the bus when it got to POR in the mornings or whenever. Should I plan on going over to POFQ to get on the bus or is there some kind of system for this? Thanks for all the help!

tadshome
01-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi, I am not sure about the busses, I am sure that someone will come along soon to help with that... I just wanted to say that I have nothing against the people that use ECV's and happily accept that they should get on the bus first and I think that it is a shame that people think that it is wrong. The only thing that I totally object to is someone getting on with an ECV and bringing 20+ "family" members with them. It is in my opinion acceptable to have 3 or 4 family members accompanying the person with the ECV but I feel that the remaining family members should queue along with every other guest.

lindique
01-31-2009, 09:43 AM
During "rush hour", POFQ and POR have their own busses going to the parks (most of the time, anyway). So you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to load your ECV. They also have Cast Members at the bus stops in the early morning directing bus traffic, who will call for a bus for you if necessary. I don't think you have to worry. You might want to find out which stop is first at POR for where you want to go, however. It's usually, but not always, the South Depot.

katzctkpt
01-31-2009, 09:30 PM
We normally use the south depot at POR and usually it's an empty bus. They load ecv's first then everyone else 2nd. Hope this helps.

beksy
02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks! My biggest worry on this trip is dealing with the buses and an ECV but if I want to enjoy WDW it can't be helped. This info really helps with that worry. Plus I'm only traveling with one other person so that should help too (no big crowd with me filling up the bus). :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I stayed at POFQ last July and most mornings we had our own bus to the parks. Sometimes in the afternoon we shared buses with POR so I think you should be okay in the mornings.

Bear
02-02-2009, 06:57 PM
We stayed at POR in September. We had both my 80+ years grandparents with us in wheel chairs. We never had a problem getting on a bus. We always used the main bus stop as it was closest to the building we were in. Have a wonderful time and just ignore anyone who gripes about you getting on first! Unfortunately, those kind of people go to Disney World too.

garymacd
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
If you are heading out in the morning, I assume that you will probably want breakfast before you leave. If you do, why not go to the Riverside Mill, have breakfast and be ready to go? It is centrally located to all points of the resort.

When you are done, go outside to either the Blue Bayou or the River Delta platform and get your bus. That is usually the first pickup point at Riverside - usually. Then, you are first on at the first stop and ready to go.