PDA

View Full Version : Are You A Thread Killer?

Pages : [1] 2

diz_girl
01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Is anyone else a thread killer? What I mean by that is, more often than you'd like, when you make a post to a thread, is that the last time anyone posts on that thread? Then you see that thread work it's way down the page each time you look at the boards.

Does anyone else feel that way? Is it just me? Like when you walk up to a group of your co-workers and shortly thereafter they disband.

If no one else makes a post to this thread, then obviously it is just me. Now, if anyone does post to this thread, be warned that if you are the last person to make a post, then you probably are the biggest thread killer on Intercot.

SBETigg
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a challenge. I'm up for it. :cool:

I don't think I'm a thread killer, but I have been the last one to post on a few threads. I like to consider the situation differently. I tend to think that my statement or advice has been so thorough or profound that no other word is needed. :funny:

DizneyRox
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Who me?

brad192
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
I wondered about this as well! Several times I've posted to a thread and it dies a quick & ugly death. :blowup: Makes me feel kind of sad & guilty. :pout: Maybe nobody likes me, maybe I posted something inappropriate, maybe I need to wear more deoderant:blush:....you get the idea.

Hopefully, I won't be the last poster here! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm sure everyone feels that way now and then. Right?

Ahem--right?? ;)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
This has happened to me a few times. I jokingly tell people that I am not a nice person...now I am beginning to wonder that myself...:confused:

kakn7294
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I dunno, maybe....;)

Edit: Oh good, more people posted after me - so it's not me!!!

gwfx1031
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
This just sounds like a shameless attempt to try and not be a threadkiller on your part to get more people to respond to you

Well, I will have no part that and you can count me out.

Wait, what? Aw mannnn!!

DizNee143
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
i know what you mean..
it happens to me all to often here..:(

mrsgaribaldi
01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I love to read all your responses. I hope someone likes mine ;)

hoop de do
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Ha! Ha! I'm next to last.

c&d
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I think of it as being famous. My signature is there for everyone to see that I was the last poster. :D

vicster
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't dream of killing your thread!

TennesseeTink
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Seriously I really did think it was just me.

(oh please don't let me be last pretty please:blush:)

Jeri Lynn
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm here to relieve your last position Jenn, Hope someone will save me now!!:blush:

ChipDale2708
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I thought it was just me! I'll check back for days and I'm the last response. But then that seems to be the story of my life right now. I feel like Eeyore... Don't let me be the last this time!!

DisneyFreak23
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I know the feeling! And it will be true if no one posts after me...*Hint hint!!! wink wink!!*

Edit: i dont know why but that thumbs down up there (as the title to my post) did that all by itsself. So please disregard it. Thanks!

Dsnygirl
01-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Great thread... I've been a thread killer, too...

Sounds like a I like to consider the situation differently. I tend to think that my statement or advice has been so thorough or profound that no other word is needed. :funny:
I like the way you think!! I'm going to take that approach/opinion from now on!! :thumbsup:

So -- where'd everybody go? C'mon... join in... we'd LOVE to hear from you... don't leave me danglin'.... :D

Jeri
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
This is so funny because I don't really post very often but alot of the times I seem to have this happen to me too. I always feel bad like I said something wrong or no one is interested in what I said.
Now I know I am not alone, right????:blush: Please someone post after me.

JPL
01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Well ebing a thread killer could also be a good thing maybe you just had the best answer or response and no further discussion was needed after you posted. Yeah that's the ticket :tiptoe:

marylynne95
01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I haven't posted much, so I'll take my chances in order to save the previous poster :mickey:

Stitchahula
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know what's worse killing a thread or not having anyone reply to your post.:blush:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
What a coincidence! I was just complaining to my wife last night how I was curse to any thread I posted on. I actually counted up the percentage of my posted-into-threads that I was the last post ever made.

I am most definitely a thread killer:skull:

VWL Mom
01-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Funny this should come up because I've been feeling that way lately. This will let me know if it is true.

sleepingbooty
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, it must not be true, VWL Mom, because here I am posting after you. I have definitely felt this way before! But - its much worse to start a thread and have no one respond period!

Altair
01-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know what's worse killing a thread or not having anyone reply to your post.:blush:

This is what is known as "killing your own thread". :wink:

ozmom
01-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Maybe it's me :secret:

the other micki
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a challenge. I'm up for it. :cool:

I don't think I'm a thread killer, but I have been the last one to post on a few threads. I like to consider the situation differently. I tend to think that my statement or advice has been so thorough or profound that no other word is needed. :funny:

This is how I've always thought about it...maybe I think too highly of my advice...;) All right, who's next! This may be the thread that never dies! :old:

elmjimmlm
01-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I have been going thru this for about a year now...Its going to be me isn't it...:covered:Its ok, I can take it...

DisneyFreak23
01-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Something tells me that this has the potential to become a very popular thread, for the sole reason that no one will want it to die. Let's hope that there is at least one more poster out there to save me. :)

LauraleeH
01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Haha I've always thought that about my posts! It's funny how no one seems to post after I do and I keep seeing my name in the threads that are going down...but then, if we ALL feel that way, it can't be true, because we can't ALL be thread killers.

Ian
01-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I am Ian ... Lord of the Thread Killers! :number1:

thrillme
01-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm the hand of death to both plants and threads.

Threads tremble at the sound of my name.

DisneyFreak23
01-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I am Ian ... Lord of the Thread Killers! :number1:

Prepare to defend the title! Intercotees unite!!:mickey:

NotaGeek
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I like to put a positive spin on it . I figure when I kill a thread I have just made such profound and succinct remarks that nothing further is needed. :mickey:

Ian
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
:gangster:

Die, thread! Die!!

Lacy
01-30-2009, 09:12 PM
This thread is too funny! I thought it was just me but it seems like a lot of us think we are thread killers.

Hopefully, at least Ian will post again to get the title and save me from being the best thread killer.

Mousefever
01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
I like to believe that when I kill a thread, it's because I've posted SUCH an intelligent response that no further discussion is necessary!

But I'm really not that secure, so I actually think that people don't like me. (Guess I'll go eat worms.) You are not alone! Thread killers, unite!

Amy

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
All threads come to me to die...this one is history!!

beksy
01-31-2009, 02:10 AM
Funny but I was just thinking about this too. I thought it was 'cause I ramble but I admit it...I am a serial thread killer! :dighole:

Umm...someone can come along and save me! Please!

Marceline
01-31-2009, 03:14 AM
Does the killer of this thread win some sort of prize?

Wait....nobody answer that.:D

betteratmk
01-31-2009, 07:56 AM
:blush: And i thought it was just because I'm new here :D

DisneyFreak23
01-31-2009, 08:32 AM

The Title!!! Of Ultralord of the Thread Killers!!!:thedolls:

Ian
01-31-2009, 08:49 AM
There once was an INTERCOT member
Who's posts could be ... less than tender
Some threads he would kill
Just for the thrill
Thus they called him "Exalted Thread Ender"

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
OK..I'm in. I'm a little 'fraid, but I'm in.

DisneyFreak23
01-31-2009, 08:53 AM
There once was an INTERCOT member
Who's posts could be ... less than tender
Some threads he would kill
Just for the thrill
Thus they called him "Exalted Thread Ender"

Not fair! Your using Limericks!...Gues this just means i have to bring out my haikus:D

Killing the poor threads
that met a horrid demise
She is ultra killer!

Ian
01-31-2009, 08:56 AM
OK..I'm in. I'm a little 'fraid, but I'm in.Be afraid ... be very afraid ... :thedolls:

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Not fair! Your using Limericks!...Gues this just means i have to bring out my haikus:D

Killing the poor threads
that met a horrid demise
She is ultra killer!

I'm going to bring out my hyperboles!!!
I told you a MILLION TIMES! I WILL NOT BE A THREAD KILLER!! Top that.;)

Ian
01-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Don't make me go all simile on you two!!

The joy of killing threads is like sunshine on a warm summer's day!

Jeff G
01-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm in!!! Killing threads is my specialty so having the title of exalted thread killer would be an honor.

DisneyFreak23
01-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Bring out the Metaphors!!!!

Thread killing is a beautiful art, practiced by many.

(hope i did that right...im not so good in the grammar department...)

Marceline
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
How about some supposition and conjecture?

If I kill THIS thread, certainly I shall forever more have the power to kill all threads and when I speak it will be the final most glorious answer to answer all questions ever asked hence and unto me shall the threads bow and tremble in the wake of my strokes writ by keyboard for all the days and months and posts that follow!!!:prince:

This is more of a decree and run on sentence actually.:D

Ian
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Okay ... I didn't want to have to do this to you all, but it's sonnet time ...

Shall I compare killing threads to a summer's day?

beksy
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Okay ... I didn't want to have to do this to you all, but it's sonnet time ...

Shall I compare killing threads to a summer's day?

C'mon Ian, you can't leave us hanging here! You start off with a beautiful poem and now we don't know how thread killing and a summer's day relate. I don't know if I can stand the suspense! :drama: Bring on the Shakespeare!

the other micki
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Never fear, Beksy! It is I, the other micki, here to save the day! (All right, now someone else post, quick!)

DisneyFreak23
01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Im out for refrences, but for all required purposes, I SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!!!!

Ian
01-31-2009, 03:16 PM
C'mon Ian, you can't leave us hanging here! You start off with a beautiful poem and now we don't know how thread killing and a summer's day relate. I don't know if I can stand the suspense! :drama: Bring on the Shakespeare!Uh ... let me see if my English lit is still hiding in there somewhere:

Shall I compare thread killing to a summer's day?
Thread killing is more lovely and more temperate.
Rough thread killing do shake the darling buds of May and thread killing's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometimes too hot the eye of thread killing shines
And often is its gold complexion dimmed
And every fair from fair sometimes declines,
By chance or thread killing's changing course untrimmed.

I think that's pretty close. I had to memorize that poem senior year in high school and I still remember most of it. I know there's a bit at the end, but that's gone the way of ... well ... all the threads I've killed!!

elmjimmlm
01-31-2009, 04:12 PM

Wait....nobody answer that.:D

or does it just mean that you are the biggest loser?

the other micki
01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
How 'bout a little onomatopoeia?

Watch me kill this thread...BAM, POW, ZAP!

tinksmom02
01-31-2009, 11:10 PM
I wondered about this as well! Several times I've posted to a thread and it dies a quick & ugly death. :blowup: Makes me feel kind of sad & guilty. :pout: Maybe nobody likes me, maybe I posted something inappropriate, maybe I need to wear more deoderant:blush:....you get the idea.

Hopefully, I won't be the last poster here! :mickey:

I've felt exactly the same way on more than one occasion. I try to tell myself that I just got in on the end of the post, it would've died anyway, but I always wonder if it's me.

Guess we'll find out with this thread :unsure:

dolphinmickey9170
01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
;)Will I be the murderer??

JPL
01-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Nope :thedolls:

badkitty
02-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Good grief. I don't log in for a day and I am already post #63? Bad kitty. Bad,bad kitty.

beksy
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Good job Ian! You are second only to me in the ability to kill threads!

DisneyFreak23
02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I will kill this thread if its the last thing i do!

SandmanGStefani24
02-01-2009, 12:23 PM
yep, and probably gonna kill this one too! i never seem to keep them alive, and my posts never catch fire like the other ones do. hmm, maybe it's something in the water....

Itchy
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
To be or not to be a thread killer, that is the question.:blush:

Aggie97
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
To be or not to be a thread killer, that is the question.:blush:

... to which the answer is "no." :D

dlpmikki
02-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Now, as long as Ian doesn't use his super powers to close this thread it could run for ever........

Is that enough to be the kiss of death? :D

Disneyatic
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I am almost afraid to post....please, please don't let me be the one! :eek:
I laughed out loud when I read the title of this post, I have wondered this about myself many of times!!!!

Well, fingers crossed that I am not the one....:fingers:

Ed
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Now, as long as Ian doesn't use his super powers to close this thread it could run for ever........

Is that enough to be the kiss of death? :D

Nope. Ian wouldn't do that. :nono:

But ******* I ******** certainly would! :D

And, on that note, I am hereby closing this thread, thus attaining the title of El Supremo Magnifico Numero Uno THREAD KILLER !!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Just kidding !

dolphinmickey9170
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Nope. Ian wouldn't do that. :nono:

But ******* I ******** certainly would! :D

And, on that note, I am hereby closing this thread, thus attaining the title of El Supremo Magnifico Numero Uno THREAD KILLER !!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Just kidding !

Ed, you kill me! :cool:
Now, as long as I don't kill this!:jaw:

iDisney
02-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Nope. It won't be you that kills it, it'll be me!

RedSoxFan
02-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I"m finally taking the plunge......and I hope I'm not the killer.

dlpmikki
02-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Hmmm, someone obviously decided this was now a game and moved it! Will that kill it? It wasn't me! ;)

DixieBelle
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Will I be the one to kill it?... :confused:

elmjimmlm
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Is someone going to come along with the lock and kill it?

dlpmikki
02-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Is someone going to come along with the lock and kill it?

Well, now it is in games I could........... Much too tempting! :thedolls:

JPL
02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
How did this become a game :confused: :confused:

Ian
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure this is really a game.

Then again, maybe it is! :thedolls:

dlpmikki
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM
It didn't start life as a game but it might end it that way........

Jeff G
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Since this was moved to the Games & Trivia I have a game we can all play, it's called who can refrain from posting the longest;)? Anyone interested?

indytraveler
02-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm late with this post, So it could be me. Just check out below. I already have 2!

Nascfan
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I've been known to kill a thread or two, although nothing has ever stood up in court. ;)

Ed
02-02-2009, 09:32 PM
For a few hours there, I thought maybe Nascfan would be the grand prize winner.

But, I just couldn't let that happen..... :nono:

:D

elmjimmlm
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
what do you have to do to kill a thread around here?:thedolls:

Marceline
02-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I will now try some reverse psychology on this thread.

I am not a thread killer....Nooooooo, not ME. How could I? My posts are so intriguing that they merit further response. My long winded prose stirs the imagination to continue and post more and more. This thread will not die, nay, it shall carry on forever more, and I will not be the thread killer, no, I shall be the thread uplifter. YES! This thread is eternal. And if, just if....I babble on and on it just might cause further babblings and render this thread timeless....TIMELESS I SAY!

For there is nothing better than nonsense and this thread in the sense of sense, has none, and yet it is a thread of great worth and dignity. LO' I beseech thee thread of meandering days, of unending nights and long winded pipe dreams...(did I already say longwinded?) become the one glorious thread to march into infinity, not knowing death. Noo, not ever, never.

This thread is like a song that never ends, as long as I am around it shall not die. Oh no....it shall not. Just imagine it, a thread that reached from here to the next galaxy. This could be THAT thread!

The thread to top all thread, the threadiest thread. Or perhaps, not to die....but to sleep....yes to sleep, after me, softly this post, kills thee into the night. Sleep sweet thread sleep. The fat lady sings.....:sing:

(Weird, rambling, off-putting post....this is my finest thread killing work, this MUST do the trick.)

dlpmikki
02-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Maybe not...... :thedolls:

indytraveler
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Oh, look another post. :D

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Ya know I am so glad it is not me.....wait is it? I was just depressed about this the other day...I was like....oh my, nobody on here likes me....I debated on deleting my profile lol....now, if nobody posts after this I am definitely the thread killer...DBF always makes fun of me too because I seem to always be the last one to post...lol....:shrug::cry:

Jeff G
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok, ok, I confess I am the thread killer but it wasn't intentional. I can explain...

The other night I decided to surprise my DW with a date night. It took a bit of wrangling finding a sitter and getting reservations at our favorite restaurant but after a few dozen calls our night was set. Having four kids this was a much needed break both of us and I was really looking forward to having some us time.

As I was getting dressed for date night I put on my favorite dress shirt and noticed I had a thread dangling so I tucked him in hoping he would stay put. When we arrived at the restaurant I removed my coat only to find the little thread dangling out once more so I tucked him back in. Throughout the dinner he kept popping out and was beginning to get on my nerves, this was my date night not his. After diner we ordered an after diner drink and this is when it happened. That persistent thread decided to sneak unto the scene one last time. I surveyed the scene and realized the carpet was the same color as this over intruding, date stealing thread so when no one was looking I took the butter knife and cut him off. Being the same color as the carpeting I left hime behind and didn't think anyone would notice. I thought I had gotten away with the perfect crime.

A few days passed and the memory started to fade when suddenly I read this post on Intercot and I knew I was busted. I kept telling myself it was OK. But each day the guilt has been building inside and I can't pretend it didn't happen any longer. I admit I did it and I can't escape the grief I feel. I wish I could go back and change what I did but I can. My deepest apologizes go out the the shirt and other threads that I harmed but this devious crime.

I'm so ashamed, please forgive me.

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 10:28 AM
A few days passed and the memory started to fade when suddenly I read this post on Intercot and I knew I was busted. I kept telling myself it was OK. But each day the guilt has been building inside and I can't pretend it didn't happen any longer. I admit I did it and I can't escape the grief I feel. I wish I could go back and change what I did but I can. My deepest apologizes go out the the shirt and other threads that I harmed but this devious crime.

:funny::funny::funny::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: HAHA! I am laughing so hard right now I can hardly contain myself...Thats brilliant! lol

crazyred11588
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
after lurking this thread since its inception, I feel I might as well throw my hat in. :)

elmjimmlm
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Ok, ok, I confess I am the thread killer but it wasn't intentional. I can explain...

The other night I decided to surprise my DW with a date night. It took a bit of wrangling finding a sitter and getting reservations at our favorite restaurant but after a few dozen calls our night was set. Having four kids this was a much needed break both of us and I was really looking forward to having some us time.

As I was getting dressed for date night I put on my favorite dress shirt and noticed I had a thread dangling so I tucked him in hoping he would stay put. When we arrived at the restaurant I removed my coat only to find the little thread dangling out once more so I tucked him back in. Throughout the dinner he kept popping out and was beginning to get on my nerves, this was my date night not his. After diner we ordered an after diner drink and this is when it happened. That persistent thread decided to sneak unto the scene one last time. I surveyed the scene and realized the carpet was the same color as this over intruding, date stealing thread so when no one was looking I took the butter knife and cut him off. Being the same color as the carpeting I left hime behind and didn't think anyone would notice. I thought I had gotten away with the perfect crime.

Have a lot of free time?:secret:

Ed
02-03-2009, 09:18 PM
You guys don't REALLY think I'd let this thread die a natural, quiet, dignified death, do you? :nono:

Jeff G
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
You guys don't REALLY think I'd let this thread die a natural, quiet, dignified death, do you? :nono:

Ed, this thread has been sitting idle for almost 12 hours, it looks like you may be that guy!

Wait, now I'm that guy:confused:....

:help:

(I've been advised by my attorney to tell everyone that my above post was fabricated and it wasn't my thread found at the restaurant. He said I have a perfect defense "if the shirt doesn't fit they must acquit". I have the perfect defense! Time to go do some laundry and drying.)

divinedi
02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Okay, been on holidays, where else? and this is the first time I've seen this post........always thought I was a thread killer too....glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Tag, you're it, who's next, please, somebody be next....:(

DisneyFreak23
02-04-2009, 04:37 PM
May this thread never die!!! :thedolls:

dlpmikki
02-05-2009, 04:58 AM
To die or not to die, that is the question :beat:

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Its much like the Energizer Bunny commercials.....keeps going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going

Ed
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Its much like the Energizer Bunny commercials.....keeps going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going going and going and going and going

Easy for you to say. :cool:

Jeff G
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
going and going........

Speaking of which, is the energizer bunny still going?

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
I really dont know, maybe his battery finally died. Its been going for years. And havent seen any commercials lately for him....:(

Stich8818
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Just like in school..

.....1...2...3....NOT IT

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Just like in school..

.....1...2...3....NOT IT

Remember this one?
Duck....duck....duck.....GOOSE!!!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Almost 24 hours...can't let it end now...

Anybody ever play "kick the can"?

indytraveler
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
...or how about ghost in the graveyard?

Jeff G
02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.................and you are not it.

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
catch a tiger by his toe........You are not it

indytraveler
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
if he hollers let him go... you're not it

diz_girl
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Eeny meeny miny moe...I hope that it's not me.

I have to confess, that I didn't start this thread as a challenge. I was just wondering if anyone else felt like they were a thread killler. I now know that I'm not alone.:)

Now I'll be the thread killer.:(

2Epcot
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Just like Jason and Freddy, it keeps coming back to life. :thedolls:

pixiesmimi
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Nope! Not dead yet! :thedolls: You took the words right out of my mouth. I will go in and post to several threads and the next day, there sits the thread (threads) with my name as the last poster and I start to take it personally. What have I done? Do they just not like me? What did I say that was stupid? Are they laughing at me? :D So glad to see I'm not alone. Ahhh! I sure feel better now.

BUT..... if this ends up being the last one..... back to the doldrums for me.:crying:

pixiesmimi
02-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, looks like I did it! I killed the thread! Oh, well. I had suspected as much.:(

dlpmikki
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
But you bought it back to life again - well done! ;)

Stich8818
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
....Clear......we got a beat...

pixiesmimi
02-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Yea! :joy:

vicster
02-12-2009, 08:29 AM
This thread is like the energizer bunny!!!

indytraveler
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Heartbeat has been restored

marylynne95
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I was looking around Intercot, because I am still new to this, even though I joined in July and came across this thread again and can't believe it is still ticking. I posted way early on, but decided it was a challenge and had to post again!! :mickey:

dlpmikki
02-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I was looking around Intercot, because I am still new to this, even though I joined in July and came across this thread again and can't believe it is still ticking. I posted way early on, but decided it was a challenge and had to post again!! :mickey:

Welcome back ;)

marylynne95
02-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks!! (nice try..hehe)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
02-15-2009, 10:45 AM
There's no need to fear...Underdog is not a thread stopper!!!

elmjimmlm
02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
No he is not but I have stopped numerous threads in the past week...

goofy78
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Thread killer? Me? Noooooooo, I am not a thread killer at all! :mickey:

IamBelle
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I am a big thread killer, the thread thrives until I comment, then it dies a slow death, sliding down the bottom of the message boards lol! (hopefully i don't kill this one!)

mrsgaribaldi
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
I am a big thread killer, the thread thrives until I comment, then it dies a slow death, sliding down the bottom of the message boards lol! (hopefully i don't kill this one!)

I didn't want it to be you ;)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
There's no need to fear...the thread killer is here!!

Arielfan98
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I hope I'm not the thread killer, and I certainly do not want to post a post on this thread, but I feel I must.

dlpmikki edit - if you feel you must, then you are - for now!

Stitchahula
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM
I was shocked to see this is still going. It's almost like a challenge now to see who will finally kill this thread. Do we get a prize or title or anything?:thumbsup:

vicster
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
See what you started diz_girl???

like2workout
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
that is CRAZY that you asked this question because i've thought that of myself quite a few times! i got a good laugh when i read this. it makes me feel a little better about myself. i didn't know there was an official term for it, but i've felt it before!!

goofy78
02-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Felt what before? Like you are killing a thread? Well, I feel like I am doing that right now. I am coming out of hiding as the undercover Thread killer!!!!! hee hee hee

Break out the defibrillator guys!! :D

marylynne95
02-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Not so fast... ;)

goofy78
02-23-2009, 06:22 PM
The thread killer has returned!!!!

Perdita
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
i allways feel like a thread killer. It's good to know I'm not alone :blush: :shrug:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Not so fast!! After a short absence to fight crime and help a few elder individuals cross busy streets...

There's no need to fear...the threadstopper has re-appeared...

#1donaldfan
02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
...ok all, I'm the real thread killer....!!!:mickey:

Stitchahula
02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
would the real thread killer please stand up

goofy78
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
here!

beksy
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
nope, sit down! It's me!

Ed
02-25-2009, 09:27 PM
nope, sit down! It's me!

Are you sure? :D

Stitchahula
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
not so fast:D

#1donaldfan
02-26-2009, 01:00 PM
...this is getting very, very old....please "yall" quit trying, it's me and only me....I'm the one....so go to another thread....:thedolls:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree it is getting old...you are the threadkiller...oh, ****!!

Stitchahula
02-26-2009, 02:09 PM
and all this time I thought it was me:cool:

dlpmikki
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Who will it be?

vicster
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Not me...

goofy78
02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I am done killing threads. I have to put my behind in the past and move on. Good luck finding the thread killer!!!!!!

hee hee hee :thedolls:

Ed
02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Thought Goofy78 won the title, didn't ya? :D

elmjimmlm
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
How is this still going? ;)

Jeff G
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Ed, you were to quick to take the the prize. It looks like elmjimmlm is now the winner:confused:.

brer rabbit101
03-02-2009, 07:13 PM
this is still going on???

goofy78
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM

While I appreciate the assurance that it is me, I am not here to kill any threads. I am not that kind of guy. Seriously, good luck finding this so called "Thread Killer"!

elmjimmlm
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
:hi:

goofy78
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow! I never thought it would be you elmjimmlm!

marylynne95
03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Back from the world and decided I needed to kill a thread!! LOL!!

goofy78
03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Back from the world and decided I needed to kill a thread!! LOL!!

Well go somewhere else and kill a thread because I can't allow you to do that here! hee hee hee :thedolls:

elmjimmlm
03-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Couldn't resist...:thedolls:

goofy78
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Couldn't resist...:thedolls:

HA HA! I thought I had it in the bag with no one coming by to claim the title in a few days. Was thinking of even putting "Thread Killer" in my signature!!!! LOL :D

elmjimmlm
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
IF you were the ultimate thread killer, would that make you the biggest loser?

brer rabbit101
03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
i am a thread killer!!

Jeff G
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Anyone up for a game of rock, paper, scissors to decide this once and for all?

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Heads or tails...call it Jeff.

Jeff G
03-10-2009, 05:33 PM
What's the old saying, tails always fails???? I'll call heads.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
To be fair, I did best of five...results:

3 heads
2 tails

I am the official thread killer. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Stitchahula
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I can't believe this is still going. I would've thought I had killed this off a long long time ago.

Ed
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I can't believe this is still going.

Aren't you familiar with the legendary "Which Doll" threads ? :thedolls:

2Epcot
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I also thought this thread had died.

Stitchahula
03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
nope not yet:thedolls:

goofy78
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
This thread used to be alive, however, not anymore. Go ahead and build a thread graveyard at the HM and start filling it up. You can begin with this one!

ibrowse17
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I waited this long just to see if I could get 00 status on this!

Stitchahula
03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
think this thread will make it to 200

marylynne95
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
We can sure try!

Jeff G
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
think this thread will make it to 200

Not sure but I can guaranty 175:D.

Ed
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
It is now Monday 3/16/2009 at 4:51:47 PM
Event: Time since the last post
Scheduled For 3/14/2009 09:03 PM
1 day 19 hours 48 minutes 47 seconds or
0 weekends or
2 days or
43 hours (29 waking hours) or
2,628 minutes or
157,727 seconds

goofy78
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok, I admit I am not the thread killer but could the killer please identify himself! This has gone on long enough, SHOW YOUR FACE THREAD KILLER!
:thedolls:

brer rabbit101
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
when is the madness going to stop ?

iDisney
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Now, since I am the official thread killer!:thedolls:

Ed
03-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Now, since I am the official thread killer!:thedolls:

Oh, really?? :confused:

goofy78
03-17-2009, 07:58 PM
No, not really!

elmjimmlm
03-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Who will it be?

iDisney
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Ahem. I have already pronounced myself as the official thread killer and do hereby prohibit the rest of you all from posting here again. Thank you for your cooperation. :D

marylynne95
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Think again!!

Mousemates
03-17-2009, 11:59 PM
not sure what the point of this is or why anyone else would bother to post here.

elmjimmlm
03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
There are so many great threads on here to kill...Go to them and leave this one alone...:blush:

Jeff G
03-18-2009, 09:49 AM
There are so many great threads on here to kill...Go to them and leave this one alone...:blush:

I agree, we should leave this thread alone:D.

vicster
03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
I agree, we should leave this thread alone:D.

Sounds like a dare...

Jeff G
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a dare...

OK, I dare everyone to leave this thread alone.

elmjimmlm
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
The temptation is much too strong...:drama:

vicster
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
This has become an addiction...I think I need to join some type of group therapy.

Ed
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
The first step is admitting that you are a thread killer.

Arielfan98
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
OMG OMG its gonna be meeeeee!!!!! :eek:
If not me then whooooo???

Actually something just dawned on me now. If I am the last person to post ont his thread then I'm NOT the thread killer. Want to know why? Because is it really the "thread killer's" fault they posted last? In reality the "thread killers" are actually the people who contributing to the thread and didn't continue....for instance since this is games & trivia let's say I started a new thread with an all new game. And a lot of people play at first, but then I'm the last to post and the people who used to play don't post back? Then who is the thread killers?

So if I'm the last person to post on this thread I will not declare myself a thread killer because of my beliefs. Thank you very much! :D

PrettyMinnie
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm with Arielfan98!

Arielfan98
03-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm with Arielfan98!

Thanks for your support! Who is else is with me???

goofy78
03-19-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't have a vote for or against you, I am just here to say I am not the thread killer........ or am I? :secret:

Ed
03-19-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't have a vote for or against you, I am just here to say I am not the thread killer........ or am I? :secret:

Yes, you are.

Ohhhhh....wait....... :blush:

Nascfan
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what Arielfan98 just said. ;)

Nascfan
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I did it! It's been almost 24 hours. I AM the thread killer! Everyone else is just a pretender to the throne! :D

elmjimmlm
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think so...:nono:

Arielfan98
03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
HA HA you guys make it sounds like being the thread killer is an honor? How weird? :funny:

goofy78
03-21-2009, 01:10 AM
It is an honor, for those who consider themselves the thread killer! I, for one, am not the thread killer and would never claim to be......... :secret:

Jeff G
03-21-2009, 11:06 AM
This silly little thread made 200 posts. Can it make 400? Maybe 500? Let's hope not.

elmjimmlm
03-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I will make my best effort to keep everyone from being the killer...I will take the fall...

Nascfan
03-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Amy, do you need help getting up? I'd hate to be the cause of you falling. :D

Ed
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Amy fell? :ill:

Does anybody have the phone number for 9-1-1?

elmjimmlm
03-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I am so glad that everyone is so worried for me...:thanks:

marylynne95
03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
This shall end with post 208!! LOL!!

elmjimmlm
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
# what?:blush:

goofy78
03-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I think the person y'all are looking for is Colonel Mustard. Last time I checked he was in the library playing with some rope. If you hurry you might catch him! :D

Ed
03-23-2009, 06:00 PM
BOO !!!

Caught you checking this thread again, didn't I ? :nono:

marylynne95
03-26-2009, 02:01 PM
EEK!! You Scared Me!!

elmjimmlm
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
OK, what happened? First its closed, now open?:huh:

Ed
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
OK, what happened? First its closed, now open?:huh:

It was ???? :shrug:

Sure looks like it's open now.... just in time for:cool: ME :cool:to become the official thread killer, because I'm sure nobody else will be posting in here again! Everybody's lost interest. :nope:

:cool:

elmjimmlm
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
sure nobody else will be posting in here again! Everybody's lost interest. :nope:

:cool:

I know that I have...:cool:

Ed
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
I know that I have...:cool:

Yeah, it shows, Amy. ;)

elmjimmlm
03-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Seriously, I have...:blush:

marylynne95
03-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Yea this is sooooo boring!! LOL!! :mickey:

Jeff G
03-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I was online earlier today and this thread was locked, I think someone is seriously trying to kill this.

beksy
03-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Wow, I don't check this thread for a few days and come back to find it's still going. I guess this just shows that it was waiting for me to come back and officially kill it (and in reference to a pp, I will do it in the living room :tiptoe: with the mouse! :mouse: <insert evil laughter>:plot:). :badpc:

elmjimmlm
03-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Who keeps closing this? Come out and show your face...You keep killing it and changing your mind...Are you trying to make everyone :crazy:?

dlpmikki
03-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Who keeps closing this? Come out and show your face...You keep killing it and changing your mind...Are you trying to make everyone :crazy:?

It is I. I'm sure I gave a warning earlier in the thread that this may happen. As you were bored with the thread it seemed time to close it and then you started a new thread! So I reopened this one. For now.

Ed
03-30-2009, 03:41 PM
So, who will the somewhat-dubious-honor go to this time around?

Stay tuned..... :thedolls:

GrumpyFan
03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I've never killed a thread before, at least not intentionally, but I'll give it a shot. :)

:gangster: :faint:

goofy78
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I kill threads in my sleep :sleepin: :D

marylynne95
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I think...

I want to kill a thread tonight! :D

Jeff G
03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
I think the thread killer has shown herself and it's none other than Mikki:D. She has already killed this thread twice and could do so again on a whim if she should so fancy.

dlpmikki
03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
I think the thread killer has shown herself and it's none other than Mikki:D. She has already killed this thread twice and could do so again on a whim if she should so fancy.

:beat: :skull:

marylynne95
03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice :D

Jeff G
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
:beat: :skull:

:jaw::bolt:

DizneyFreak2002
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
I am a thread killer.. To prove it, this thread will self destruct in

BOOM!!!!!

elmjimmlm
04-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Nope...Still here...:blush:

Jeff G
04-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I am a thread killer.. To prove it, this thread will self destruct in

BOOM!!!!!

:fresh: Missed me! :fresh:

marylynne95
04-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice try......try again!! :D

Stitchahula
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
pick me pick me I want to be the thread killer:here:

goofy78
04-02-2009, 01:36 AM
pick me pick me I want to be the thread killer:here:

Ok, I pick you! :thedolls:

marylynne95
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
But I wanted to pick Stitchahula.

Stitchahula
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Ok kids lets not fight now;)

marylynne95
04-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Ok kids lets not fight now;)

I'm innocent! :angel:

goofy78
04-04-2009, 02:48 AM
That's not the word on the street!

Jeff G
04-04-2009, 09:56 AM
and going, and going.......

Mad About Mickey
04-04-2009, 10:21 AM
To qoute Arlo Guthrie, "I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill ... ... I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL." this thread :)

marylynne95
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
That's not the word on the street!

LOL tis my story and I am sticking to it ;)

Stitchahula
04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
How many posts before it's the longest thread?

browneyedgirl12
04-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I was hoping this thread would disappear, but I have had to face this guilt for 4 months now and I have finally decided to pleed guilty. I AM the notorious Thread Killer. You better watch out, your thread could be next!!!!!! :secret::silly:

goofy78
04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
The next tombstone at the HM.

:nopity: :angel: :nopity:

Here lies
A lengthy thread,
We typed too much
And now its dead!

:hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost:

vicster
04-07-2009, 08:31 AM
LOL - I can't believe this is still going on. We all have too much time on our hands!

dlpmikki
04-07-2009, 10:03 AM
The next tombstone at the HM.

:nopity: :angel: :nopity:

Here lies
A lengthy thread,
We typed too much
And now its dead!

:hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost:

Very good!

ibrowse17
04-07-2009, 12:17 PM