PDA

View Full Version : ADR's ????

NicksNitro
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
We are heading down to the coolest place on Earth next week (myself, DW, DS-11, DS-7) and are staying at WL. I really don't like to lock myself into ressies so early, I'm a little more spontaneous. My question is, do you think I will have much luck on spur of the moment dinner choices or will it be counter services for a week?

Strmchsr
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
You might have some luck at the less popular places, but, in general, you should count on counter service.

LynneM
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
WDW restaurants don't hold tables for walk-ups. If they're booked up for that meal, they'll just politely turn you away. And many restaurants, especially in the theme parks are booked solid months in advance. For dining reservations, calling a week out isn't 'early'.....it's usually much too late.

If you call in the morning of the day you want to dine, you'll likely find a limited selection of seatings from cancellations. They'll probably be at inconvenient times or in inconvenient places, but you'll find something.

yourmagicalguide
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I really don't like to lock myself into ressies so early, I'm a little more spontaneous. My question is, do you think I will have much luck on spur of the moment dinner choices or will it be counter services for a week?

Winging it without reservations for table service depends on how crowded the parks are and at what times you're planning to eat.

On a side note, I've travelled to WDW during some busy Spring Break times (but not close-the-parks-down busy), and I was able to get into Crystal Palace and San Angelo Inn without too long of a wait. Sometimes, you just get lucky in Disney, though :mickey:

If you and your family are REALLY wanting to eat at a particular table service restaurant, I would suggest making the reservations just so you're not disappointed.

TysMomTink
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
It is possible to get something great. In September we canceled our Artist Point reservations in the a.m. (decided bringing our 2 year old there would be too much aggrevation) and were able to get same day Ohana ADR for a respectable time (7:45 I think). Don't bank on always having openings, but it is possible. Disney is full of magic after all.

Goes4FastPass
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
If you go to your resort concierge desk day of they can check this place then that etc. We have 'spontaneously' booked HDDR that way.

It's come to two kinds of Disney Vacations:

1. Counter service fast food locations or

2. Disney By A(DR)ppointment where you book your room months in advance (many months if it's DVC) and rush to book every meal for your entire vacation 90 days before your arrive.

If you're at DHS and you feel like Italian food that's fine for Toy Story Pizza Planet but if you want to eat at Mama Melrose you had to get that feeling 3 months ago.

WelshieLover
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I think you may luck out. We were there the week of Jan3 -Jan 11. We had some ADRs but not all of them. We were able to get 4 different ADRs made once we got there at our resort concerige desk. We did not get Le Cellier, but we got everything else we wanted. I do not think next week will be all that crowded. It is not President's week.

mouseketeer mom
01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
If there are some "must do's" on your list, better have those ADR's.
If not, sure, you can be spontaneous. You will find something thru the concierge desk or by calling Disney dining from your room phone. The word is "something"..could be something great. like Ohana's or Crystal Palace, or it could be something like Marrakesh which always seems to be open. (not that its not great, it truely does always seem to be open!!) We called last minute from our room on our way to the Pirate and Princess party. We decided we wanted to try to get something in the park itself. Sure enough, our party of five was seated at the Crystal Palace a half an hour later for a 5:45 dinner!! You just never know.

NicksNitro
01-30-2009, 07:58 PM
All you guys (and gals) rock!!!
Thanks for the info. For us there really is not a must see (or eat) resturant. I'd eat CS everyday just because it's not the work cafeteria!!!

dnickels
01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
If you're flexible with location and time you can ALWAYS get something. I live nearby and I've never had a problem getting a reservation (even if I call mid afternoon on a Saturday for that same evening). Granted, it might be the last seating of the night during fireworks but you'll find something.