PDA

View Full Version : Children and Outside Food

Babyvett
01-30-2009, 08:33 AM
We're currently in planning for a Sept trip to the World with myself, my hubby and two babies (they will be 2 and 1 at time of trip). I'm trying to figure out where we would like to eat at while there and one of our options right now is the Corral Reef. However, I'm looking at the children menu and nothing on there would be anything the kiddo's would eat.

Is there a policy against my going to a counter service ahead of time, getting them chicken strips and bringing them in to the restaurant? Would this be frowned upon? I know the kids would love the environment but if they don't have food they eat, they will throw a fit the whole meal.

WedWay Peoplemover
01-30-2009, 09:23 AM
We bring food for our daughter every time we eat out at Disney.. (1 yr)...

So bring the chicken strips.... but not the tray :blush:

deedeenmickey
01-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Disney has no problem with this. We do this for our 13 yo daughter because she is picky eater. We take CS food to buffet restuarants and ts and they have always been very accomidating.:mickey:

Mammabruski
01-30-2009, 02:22 PM
When we took my DD for the first time she was 8 months old (I know your children are older) and we brought Gerber baby food that we had our servers heat up. Gerber has a whole line of toddler meals that come in convenient microwavable packages that might be even easier and cheaper than buying counter service. You could see which ones your kids like before you go, stock up and then have your waiter heat it up for you. Just a thought!

Babyvett
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
ooh, thats a great idea, especially for the younger of the two. Thanks for the suggestion Mammabruski. That would cut down my costs significantly as well as guaranteeing food that both kids would like.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
We went in September with our 2 kids, at that time 4 and 1.5... we made PB&J's for them every morning at the room and brought them in tupperware in our diaper bag incase we were anywhere that they didn't like the food offerings... (Also for snacks if they got hungry at a time that we were not at a restaurant) None of the restuarants had any problems with this! We brought PB&J's, grapes, apple sauce, juice boxes... anything that was easily portable... and the wait staff was always great!