PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - Is It A Fp Attraction?

andypooh
01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
are fastpasses available for toy story mania?

Beast_fanatic
01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes, it has fast pass, but they go fast!

DisneyGlutton
01-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, it has fast pass, but they go fast!

Very fast, alas. I tried to ride it for the first time in early Dec and they were gone by 1:30pm even though the crowds levels were low.

Goofeygal
01-30-2009, 06:20 AM
You have to be there early to even get a fast pass for this ride.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I would get to the park when it opens. There is usually a "mad sprint" to get fast passes.

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Absolutely!!!! We were there in January, DHS was a dead park. We arrived early went straight there to get a FP before we even got going...The line was already at 55 minutes (or longer I cant remember right now its in my trip notes at home) and FP times were already at 11:55 I think.....By the time we got back there the line was at 190 minutes....WHOA...Oh yea and by the way when we got back there at the exact time our fast passes started...the machines were already closed and no more passes were available.

Tinkerbellaella
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
No fast passes for this ride at Disneyland! We had to stand in the line there.

paragon
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Absolutely!!!! We were there in January, DHS was a dead park. We arrived early went straight there to get a FP before we even got going...The line was already at 55 minutes (or longer I cant remember right now its in my trip notes at home) and FP times were already at 11:55 I think.....By the time we got back there the line was at 190 minutes....WHOA...Oh yea and by the way when we got back there at the exact time our fast passes started...the machines were already closed and no more passes were available.

This is almost exactly what happened to us on our september trip. At 10am, fastpass times were 530, by noon, all fastpasses were gone and machines were closed. We went back another day specifically to get fastpasses first thing. We did, and we also waited in the 80 minute line (whiched turned out to only be about 40 min! ) then, while riding, it stopped, we had to walk off. We were given return passes for anytime, up to ten days. We returned and rode, then were deciding whether we woud ride again to give the FP to someone waiting, but then we chose to ride again.

Ian
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Kinda funny ... when we were down in December we got to DHS right at opening and headed to TSM.

Most times we just get right in the standby line, but this time we decided to try the FP then standby combo.

I took pictures (with timestamps) of the FP return time as it just kept flipping 5 minutes ... 5 minutes .... 5 minutes ...

When we got in line around 9:15AM the return time was 10:15AM. By the time we got up and got our passes about 15 minutes later, the return time had advanced to 2:15 PM! :eek:

#1donaldfan
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
....oh yeah, and how.....!!!! that ride is too famous.....but oh so fun !!!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
....oh yeah, and how.....!!!! that ride is too famous.....but oh so fun !!!!:mickey:

It is so much fun, but at 24 I must be severly out of shape or I was doing something wrong because my arms were killing me! lol....My upper arm muscles were aching by the end! lol But I loved it so much fun! :number1:

CaptSmee
01-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Fastpasses are generally gone by 11 on am. Get 'em while they're hot!!!

Vintage Disney
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I agree with everyone above. In October we headed to DHS in the morning and fast passes were gone by the time we got there. The stand by line was listed as 70 minutes. We decided to get in line and wait because we really wanted to ride. We actually waited about 60 minutes but the time in line is not so bad because there is so much to look at in the waiting area and Mr. Potato Head entertains you some of the time. It's worth the wait so don't be afraid of the line.:thumbsup:

goofybiz
01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
when you get to holly wood studios go stright to the ride and get a fast pass:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
02-01-2009, 06:55 AM
There can be 15 minute waits for FP's after the park first opens!!! Very popular! :mickey:

Cheloconnell
02-01-2009, 09:16 AM
In December when my husband and I went, we rode in the morning with a Fastpass. In the afternoon we thought we would go over and wait in standby. I went ahead of my husband only to find the standby line closed at 210 minutes and the line to go back with a fastpass all the way down to where they distribute the fastpasses. They couldn't keep up with the return fastpass and had to close the standby line....insane :eyes:

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
No fast passes for this ride at Disneyland! We had to stand in the line there.

Which makes a noticeable difference in the standby wait time. Even with a line out on the pier I never waited more than 30 minutes for it. Which just stands as proof of my whole "Fastpass is a placebo for the masses" argument and that the parks would be better off without it.

Without having to continuously stop the standby line to let FP holders in, lo and behold, the standby line actually moves MUCH faster. SHOCKING! :jaw:

Altair
02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Which makes a noticeable difference in the standby wait time. Even with a line out on the pier I never waited more than 30 minutes for it. Which just stands as proof of my whole "Fastpass is a placebo for the masses" argument and that the parks would be better off without it.

Without having to continuously stop the standby line to let FP holders in, lo and behold, the standby line actually moves MUCH faster. SHOCKING! :jaw:

I agree with you on this. In fact FP has ruined Peter Pan's Flight.:(

AXOAlum
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree with you on this. In fact FP has ruined Peter Pan's Flight.:(

I like FP, but will agree with you on this one! The FP line practically IS the standby line.

frakers
02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Thank You! I have said since fastpass first reared its sometimes ugly head at Peter Pan that the ride was ruined. Now the standby line goes to places that I never even knew were part of the queue. The only time we've ridden Peter Pan since FP was introduced there was during the Magical Beginnings they held in 2007. IAnd used to really like it. But no way I wait in line for 90 minutes for a 1 minute ride. What a bad, bad idea that was.
But, Toy Story Mania......I might consider the line if Fast Passes ran out. It was way too much fun to not ride.

dismeag
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
we went little bit befor holly wood studos opend we wated in line with all thes people and when they opened holly wood studos it it was like a stampede towards toy story and all of the cast members blocked off all short cuts it was a mess but it was worth it i think toy story is better than buzz so i think you shoud do what we did:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes, but get there early :alarm:

Tinksalot
04-11-2009, 03:45 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago and the wait was 90 minutes! Luckily we had fast passes that we had gotten first thing in the morning. On top of the already long wait, the ride broke down for awhile which caused people to "camp out" in fron of the front entrance. Crazy! :mickey:

syndrome
04-11-2009, 06:32 PM
We were there this past Tuesday--April 7--and arrived for the rope drop. We headed straight to TSM and got our FPs for 9:45-10:45. After we got off we got more FPs for 5:45-6:45 that evening. At 1pm the standby line was 200 minutes!!! Insanity. We loved the ride but I would not wait 200 minutes for any ride at Disney. This was also the same day that HS came very close to closing.

dmosher
04-11-2009, 07:45 PM
That is insane! Not surprising, considering the time of year, but still insane! TSM FastPass is not only an option, it is a requirement!
:pipes:
D