PDA

View Full Version : Coffee poll

GrumpyFan
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Okay, for those of you who are coffee drinkers, please share your opinion of the coffee at WDW.

Personally, I think it stinks, and I would love to see them add a few Starbucks or Seattle's Best, or even their own brand of "Gourmet" coffee. I think this is the one thing that is missing from WDW. I don't see why they couldn't partner with someone and make this happen.

For the record, this is for a cup of coffee that you would buy at a restaurant or in your hotel, not the canned coffee they sell at the gift shops.

TinkerbellT421
01-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I personally like the coffee there. I used to love the coffee that came out of the coffee fountains when we stayed at POP. I was actually a little disappointed when we didnt have access to a cafeteria type place to be able to get a big cup every morning. But it was better (time wise) making our own coffee in the morning in the room. But I think it is good coffee. I enjoy it. :thumbsup:

joonyer
01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
It's Nescafe, nothing more than instant coffee. Blech!

Hull-onian
01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
We went to the Rainforest Cafe outside of Animal Kingdom for breakfast. They had the best coffee in the world. We also had a great breakfast too. If you can fit it in, try and get to RFC for breakfast.:tasty:

dtootsie42
01-29-2009, 01:53 PM
We come from Seattle the land of coffee stands on every corner (not just Starbucks) I think we are spoiled with all the wonderful coffee places so coffee at Disney is pretty yucky!

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

deedeenmickey
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I love the coffee. I don't think it taste like instant. I was surprised when I saw another post about "what would you change" and people said the coffee!;)

SBETigg
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
You can find decent coffee on property. It takes some searching. It's not all Nescafe. But it's mostly Nescafe and I agree that they need more good coffee at WDW.

brownie
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
I haven't tried the coffee at Disney World yet; I didn't start drinking coffee until after our last trip. Hopefully I'll be trying it in 2010, provided we're able to continue saving for the trip.

big blue and hairy
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I assume you mean the Nescafe. Based on that I said it's bad but I drink it, but with the addition of, if I can't find anything else.

:sulley:

Magic Smiles
01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I find that there is nothing wrong with the coffee in WDW, but then again I will drink instant at home - no problem.
Usually I drink Tim Horton's coffee and cannot drink Starbucks - it is like INK.

Polynesian Dweller
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I voted neutral because you can find good coffee at WDW (Kona Cafe for example) so I really like that. The Nescafe elsewhere I could do without. Kind of left me in the middle.

MickeyMousse
01-29-2009, 04:53 PM
I have to have my coffee, so as bad I think it is, I drink it anyway....:confused:...however,I did find that Norway had good coffee at their bakery. I make it a point to stop there when in Epcot now.

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I love my coffee. I will drink it anywhere. I prefer a good cup vs. the Nescafe, but what can you do? We order the pressed pot of coffee at Kona's when we go. Last time we made the mistake of letting it brew longer than it should've and it was worse than mud. I felt it burning a hole in my stomach. Neither my husband or myself could drink it!!! Must remember that the next time!

Crow
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
bad
i drink a little of it in the refillable mugs but not much.

Bringonthemouse!
01-30-2009, 08:00 AM
It's aweful, I continue to drink it.
It's something I now associate with WDW.
On our first day last Nov. I got my coffee, had a sip, scrunched up my face in disgust and announced to my DD I was "home".:cloud9:

JavaDuck
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Like a PP, I'm from the Seattle area and I'm used to having numerous places to choose from to find a good cup of coffee. The coffee in the world is simply lackluster. It is drinkable, especially if you need and crave coffee.

I know there is the Kona Cafe. I have yet to visit there. I would be happy if I could get a good cup of coffee anwhere in the World that was not the Nescafe stuff.

Septbride2002
01-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I voted neutral because you can find good coffee at WDW (Kona Cafe for example) so I really like that. The Nescafe elsewhere I could do without. Kind of left me in the middle.

Unless you stay at the Poly (which I know you do ;) ) getting to Kona for that morning cup is a bit of a pain.

I bring my own coffee - and brew it in my room now that the rooms have coffee makers. Before that I just learned to get by without it.

My friend drinks the coffee at the Hess stations - he says it is better then the stuff served on property.

~Amanda

CU Tiger
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
When at DW, I only drink the coffee I make in my room with the coffee grounds that I brought from home. Unless I am eating breakfast at one of the DW restaurants, I avoid the coffee all together.:mickey:

BananaAnna838
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
My family loves the coffee!! Even though it's just regular instant, there's just something about it...maybe also because we're drinking it at the Happiest Place On Earth! :secret:
But seriously, we really like it. I'll often be drinking coffee somewhere else and be reminded of Disney coffee.
PS I personally do not like regular Starbucks coffee at all, so I wouldn't like if they made that the majority

GrumpyFan
01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
PS I personally do not like regular Starbucks coffee at all, so I wouldn't like if they made that the majority

Well, my suggestion wouldn't necessarily mean replacing all coffee at WDW. But, I do think there are enough people who visit on a daily basis that would be happy to pay for something better than the Nescafe standard coffee they serve. I was just suggesting that they add some premium coffee stands around WDW, like Starbucks or others. The restaurants and hotels would still serve the Nescafe stuff (or whatever the current brand is) that a lot of people don't particularly like.

BananaAnna838
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, my suggestion wouldn't necessarily mean replacing all coffee at WDW. But, I do think there are enough people who visit on a daily basis that would be happy to pay for something better than the Nescafe standard coffee they serve. I was just suggesting that they add some premium coffee stands around WDW, like Starbucks or others. The restaurants and hotels would still serve the Nescafe stuff (or whatever the current brand is) that a lot of people don't particularly like.
That's true! Having a variety to serve everyone's interests is always best. And Disney normally does an excellent job with this, so maybe once the economy gets better (ha :ack:) they should start thinking about putting more options out there.:thumbsup:

hardingella
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I put up with the coffee at WDW, only because i have to. :(
Week 2 of vacation we went to Universal and i saw a STARBUCKS,WOW, it was like, Thank you.:D
If Disney can put a Macdonalds in their parks then i'm sure they could put a real coffee house in too.:thumbsup:

AHOTE
01-30-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker by any stretch of the imagination. I have coffee three, maybe four times a year and all those times are at WDW. I do enjoy coffee and I do know good coffee when I have it. Bad coffee is never good :ack:. I had a fabulous pot of fresh pressed coffee after dinner at Narcoosee's. Had another at Le Cellier not to mention a few viking coffees' in Norway. There's good coffee at WDW, you just have to seek it out and/or ask for it.

KingKona
01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
:coffee: I'll admit that I'm a coffee fiend and snob. Instant coffee is simply terrible. I realize that instant/concentrate is easier, more efficient and cheaper, but Disney has compromised all standards by serving instant coffee. That stuff is a travesty.

I was most shocked when I discovered that the Fountain View Cafe in Epcot FW stopped serving fresh brewed coffee. In fact, I experience a sense of grief and mourning. I LOVE the Foutain View Cafe. It was a place to have a great cup of fresh brewed coffee, listen to the futuristic music and get lost in your thoughts while observing the beautiful scenary.

Even though the real coffee is dwindling, there are still several places to get good fresh brewed coffee throughout the parks and resorts (except MK which only has one spot for espresso that you can have made into an Americano -- EXPENSIVE). Also, you won't find the likes of the over roasted CharBucks coffee, just good, usually milder coffee.

As of the spring of 2007, you could find fresh brewed coffee at the locations below. This is not an exhaustive list. Also, there used to be many more, but it's been a while and don't know if they changed:

Epcot Future World:
Stand by Universe of Energy (run by Joffrey's - Espr., Cap, Lat, Fresh Brew American)

Epcot World Showcase:
-Stand betw. Canada & England (Joffrey's)
-Morocco
-Stand near to Morocco
-Stands near America & Italy (Used to be Joffrey's)

MK
-Sleepy Hollow Refreshments (Espr. only)

Hollywood Studios:
-Starring Rolls (they roast beans here!!!)
-Writers Stop
-Cup 'o Joe to go
-Stand by Tower of Terror

AK
-Stand just past Oasis before Africa

Downtown Dis
-Earl of Sandwich (refills too!)
-Goofy's Candy Co.
-Forty Thirst Street

Boardwalk
-Boardwalk Joes (evening only)

Polynesian
-Kona Cafe and counter :thumbsup: This coffee rules

Wilderness Lodge
-Roaring Forks

Beach Club
-Hurricane Hannahs (sp?)

Grand Floridian
-Gasperilla's Grill and Games

Contemporary
-Contemporary Grounds

Coronado Springs
-Coffee bar at Pepper Market:thumbsup: Comparable to Kona but stronger.

A Big Kid
01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
It's Nescafe, nothing more than instant coffee. Blech!

Exactly! Why bother? Nescafe is NOT cofee. About the only time I drink coffee at WDW is when I eat breakfast at the Kona Cafe.

Blech, Blech, and double blech!

Mendelson
01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
We ground a bunch, brought some #2 filters (thanks for letting me kow the filter type, everybody) and brewed it in the room every morning...it was perfect. We like it very, very stout....our coffee is sort of the Guiness of coffee. We are almost always disappointed getting coffee out, so we didn't even try, honestly.

DryCreek
01-31-2009, 08:37 PM
brought some #2 filters (thanks for letting me kow the filter type, everybody)

I thought someone had posted that the pots in WDW used 4 cup basket style. Oh well, I packed some #2 cones just in case. I will know for sure in under 18 hours - wahoooo!

TheRustyScupper
01-31-2009, 09:09 PM
1) Now, now, now.
2) Lots of people complain about WDW coffee.
3) But, Nescafe is the #1 coffee in the world.
4) All those folks can't be wrong.

5) All folks have different taste.
6) I personally do not care for Starbucks at all.
7) We need to just relax and drink the coffee.

NOTE: Even Maxwell House has over 17 different coffees. Many people consider MH quite drinkable. If they brought in MH, which would they bring?

big blue and hairy
02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
1) Now, now, now.

I have two things that when put together, completely disprove your theory....Gold Records and Slim Whitman!! All those folks can be wrong!!

GrumpyFan
02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
1) Now, now, now.

Hmmm, as of this posting, half of the people who answered this poll would disagree with you and said it's bad.

princessjojo
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I drink a pot of coffee myslef about 4 out of 7 days/wk. The coffee at WDW is drinkable. Sure I prefer my own coffee from home, but I also prefer my own bed, but don't let the beds at WDW stop me from sleeping. It is what it is and knowing how much I like my coffee and depend on it, I would rather drink that than do without. So does my family. But I have also taken my own gound coffee from home because I love my southern praline pecan flavor coffee beans, but I don't take it with us often. With enough sweetener of your choice and cream, the coffee can be made better. If the only thing I can dread about my vacation "home" is the coffee, then I would consider that a good vacation.

yourmagicalguide
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I have to have my coffee, so as bad I think it is, I drink it anyway....:confused:...however,I did find that Norway had good coffee at their bakery. I make it a point to stop there when in Epcot now.

I was going to suggest the same place :D Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway is now a must-visit when I'm at Epcot :mickey:

Belster
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I have grown up in a family that is a supplier for a coffee service so I like my good coffee, and let me tell you this coffee at WDW stinks!!! I do not understand why they partner up with McDonalds for fry stations and such but not for a McDonalds coffee station, just a though?!:mickey:

GrumpyFan
02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Sure I prefer my own coffee from home, but I also prefer my own bed, but don't let the beds at WDW stop me from sleeping. It is what it is and knowing how much I like my coffee and depend on it, I would rather drink that than do without. So does my family. But I have also taken my own gound coffee from home because I love my southern praline pecan flavor coffee beans, but I don't take it with us often. With enough sweetener of your choice and cream, the coffee can be made better. If the only thing I can dread about my vacation "home" is the coffee, then I would consider that a good vacation.

You kinda touched on what I was getting at, choice. When it comes to coffee, WDW doesn't offer much in this, at least not easily. To me, it just seems like it would be a slam dunk to offer offer gourmet coffee and frozen cappuccino type drinks in more places across the resort. I mean, why not have a gourmet coffee place on Main Street, or a gourmet coffee cafe in World Showcase? Or, even at Downtown Disney? As popular as Starbucks and other such gourmet coffee shops have become, I am shocked that Disney hasn't done more in this area.

big blue and hairy
02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I have grown up in a family that is a supplier for a coffee service so I like my good coffee, and let me tell you this coffee at WDW stinks!!! I do not understand why they partner up with McDonalds for fry stations and such but not for a McDonalds coffee station, just a though?!:mickey:Most likely because Nestle is a bigger sponsor than McDonalds.

Goes4FastPass
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Even the Nescafe at the Disney food courts is fine.

And it's Disney World, a place millions of unemployed Americans can't fit into their budget.

caryrae
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I drink coffee almost everyday at home but for some reason I don't drink coffee when on vacation. Maybe because it's hot when we go to WDW and hot coffee just doesn't sound good.

offwego
02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
If there was an option, it's bad I try and avoid it but sometimes can't and then I'm stuck with it I would have picked that.

I'm a coffee snob and don't like instant or mild or weak coffee..so the nescafe concentrate often fails to meet my first second and third choices.

I've brought stuff from home, purchased it at many of the stations above and will continue to do so, but I admit to filling up at the starbucks at the airport on my exit and my return. How sad is that?

But I'd rather have yucky coffee there then good coffee at home or I wouldn't keep going I guess.

mermaidmarian
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
It's basically terrible. I understand that instant is probably the best option given the volume of coffee dispensed at peak hours, but I would appreciate a non-instant option. I really only drink the Nescafe offered because I don't wish to spend my vacation in caffeine de-tox. It's purely for medicinal purposes!