PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hilton Head

mjaclyn
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
For those of you who have stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Resort, can you please answer a few questions for me?

Is there anything 'Disney' about the resort? Since it's a DVC location I was wondering if they had any character breakfasts or things Disney related even though it's located in SC.

Do guests have access to the beach from the hotel or is it just the pool?

If you use DVC points to visit is it like every other DVC location where you get free valet, housekeeping once every three days (I think that's correct), etc?

Is it a good place to take young children?

Thanks so much for your help!

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2009, 01:55 PM
We've never been, but I have looked into it as it is a place we will visit one day. In my research I learned that there is no real resturant on property, therefor no character meals. The beach is about a mile from the resort, but I beleive there is transportation to get you there and back. It seems like a nice low key place to just kick back and relax. I did see lists of lots of kids activities, but none of what I saw involved any characters.

We did stay at Vero Beach last summer and there is a character breakfast on Saturday mornings there. We had breakfast with Goofy and Donald. The beach was great, as was the pool. There were tons of activities for the kids. If you've never been to either location and want a bit of disney rolled up into a non theme park vacation I think Vero Beach is the perfect place to go.

cheeky monkey
01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
We stayed there many years ago. It's a lovely resort with a great low country decor.

As I recall there is no resturant on the property other than the pool grill.

There is a pool at the resort and on the beach as well. You have to take a motor coach to get to the beach side.

If you like HH it's a great place to stay.

iloveokw
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Mousekeeping is just like at WDW - every three days depending upon the length of your stay. No valet, but you don't need it. There is a pool and slide at the main part of the resort and a pool at the very nice beach house about a mile away. You can drive or bike there and the resort also provides transportation. There are no characters but many, many fun activities especially for children. A wonderful, relaxing place for families.

:secret:

Aurora
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Biking to the beach is wonderful!! You can rent bikes from the resort and it's an absolutely lovely ride.

Plus, once you get there, you can actually ride your bikes on the sand at the beach. The beach is very wide and the sand is packed hard, so beach riding is easy. That kind of sand also makes it great for sand sculptures -- you'll see lots later in the day.

HH has beachfront access for cars also, with a parking garage under the pool. If you're driving you'll need to use your room key to pass through the gate. If you're riding bikes or taking a shuttle, you'll need your key to get into the pool area.

HH is probably the least "Disney" of all the DVC resorts -- there are references but you won't be hit over the head with it. And it's extremely laid-back, even more so than Vero Beach.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
HH sounds lovely, just the place to go if you want to do nothing but relax at the resort. I hope I can make it there one day :mickey:

pox24
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
We went three nights there and the service is Disney but thats about it. We liked it for the quiet and the nothingness and the proximty to golf, golf and more golf. There is no sit food service there, only counter. However the location is beautiful, quiet and serene. If ya wanna lower you BP, spend some time there. I would love to go back.