PDA

View Full Version : Points exchange for DCL?

dixielandings
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Who has exchanged points for a cruise? DH and I are booked on the May 23 sailing of the Magic and the only way we're going to be able to take this trip at this point is if we don't have to pay for the whole thing! :blush: So we're going to use points for half of it. Anyone have any useful info on this that we may not know about? Is the deadline for making the exchange the same as the PIF deadline for the cruise line?

Thanks!

WRWDisney
01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I may be mistaken and I am sure someone will come along and correct me if I am, but I thought you had to originally book your cruise on points. I did not think you could change after it was booked. I believe this has to do with number of rooms available per class on points.

You may want to call MS right away and check on this.

That all said, in can tell you we booked a 4 night last june, Cat 5 for 4 and it was like 636 pts. total.

Your cost will depend on the cruise, the category of cabin, and travel dates, but I would guess it will be a minimum of 200 pts./each.

Best of luck:thumbsup:

dixielandings
01-30-2009, 08:43 AM
We have already spoken with DVC about it and yes, you can make the exchange even if you've already booked it through DCL. They just transfer the ressie and your deposit to DCL is credited since all monies go through DVC.

Our 7-night trip is 285 pts per person. We're doing points for one of us, cash for the other.

WRWDisney
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Glad to hear that is the case.

You will love the cruise. We did the 4 night last June but wanted a 7 night (not available because the Magic was on the west coast).

Have a terrific trip:thumbsup:

JMTStone
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
As you know we are on the same cruise. MS figured out that it was better to get two of us on points and we paid cash for the kids. I did the flight and the Vow Renewal payments separate as well.

Now if you're staying 4 days at AKV before the cruise, we'll be with each other for almost 2 weeks!