PDA

View Full Version : Princess Dresses and BBB

GoofyMom09
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Last time we were at Disney I noticed so many little girls wearing princess outfits. Where is the best place to get one? Is there a place in Downtown Disney or in a park or should I just look here at home and pack one? DD is 3 years old and is very interested in becoming a princess!

Also, what would you say is the best age for BBB? Is 3 too young? My daughter loves makeup and girl stuff but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money at this age. Any ideas/advice is appreciated.:mickey:

kakn7294
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Your DD does meet the minimum age requirement (unless they've changed it and I'm not aware) but it will all depend on whether she can sit still long enough to have the hair done and make-up applied. The whole BBB experience can be lots of fun (even for Mom!) but it's also quite pricey. If you just want the dress-up stuff, it's available all over Disney property and depending on what you and she choose, it can also be expensive. I've also noticed that the Disney dresses are generally very stiff and itchy - she might be more comfortable with something underneath and take a change of clothes for when she's tired of wearing it. We've always taken our own and I've made sure that they were comfortable and soft but my DDs still didn't wear them for more than a few hours.

g8rgirl29
01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
We did this for our DD at age 3 and 4. Our DD LOVED it both times. We have done Downtown Disney and MK. Once we bought the costume at the Disney Store at home and once bought it at BBB. Do what ever fits your budget best. You are not treated any different no matter how you do it. I think it is worth every penny to have it done. Our DD's hair stayed in for 4 days, it was wonderful not having to try to put it up each day. Make sure to get the photo's taken after at the photo pass center (they will be on your photo pass card if you buy the photo pass cd). They don't really tell you about this unless you are getting the large package but the photo op is for everybody. Try to get an early appt if you can. We had a great fairy godmother in training at the castle, she was much more interactive with our child. It is a little more crowded at the castle though. It will be fun no matter where you do it!! We go to one of the princess dinners/lunches after having the makeover so DD really gets to have a blast with her "sister" princesses.

conwayjohn71
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
we bought our outfits on ebay to save money

with 2 dd's it only made sense for us

as stated before they did not treat us any different since we brought our outfits, we did buy the tiera and wand on site, they even took our dresses from us and steamed them to get some wrincles out, did not expect that

it is worth what you put into it, the girls had a blast and we will be doing it again in June

Marceline
01-29-2009, 02:40 AM
We brought a Snow White dress with us that we bought online from the Disney Store ahead of time. I would have just grabbed an even less expensive dress at Wal-Mart or Target but my DD is 6 and the one-size-fits-all princess dresses don't fit anymore. heh

But even at 3 she'd totally love it, especially if she likes that sort of thing. I all saw all sorts of very little princesses twirling and skipping around the parks in their brand new coifs. It's pretty magical for a little girl who likes to play princess, I say go for it! The money comes and goes, but the memories and pictures last a lifetime. :D

TinkerMel
01-29-2009, 12:07 PM
We brought our own Cinderella dress because my DD is super sensitive about the "itchy" dresses. I googled "cinderella dress" and found a boutique that had a dress that had none of the tulle or velcro or anything that she has problems with. We went to BBB without the dress because she didn't want to walk around in the park with the dress on. She got her hair, make-up, and nails done. Then, we went back to the hotel to rest. We put the dress on and went to dinner with Cinderella @ 1900 Parkfare. It was a blast and very special for a birthday. If she is a girly girl, I think she'll love it!