PDA

View Full Version : Chicken recommendations for Le Cellier?

Pop Centurion
01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
My girlfriend and I have been wanting to try Le Cellier for quite some time now. Problem is we don't eat red meat or pork. She also won't eat seafood (except for shrimp) so we're very limited as far as Le Cellier's menu.
Could anyone tell me about the Rosemary Garlic Seared Chicken that's listed in the Intercot menus? Description? How is it? She's very picky also so I doubt she'll want the wine sauce on it which I'm sure they'll omit without a problem.
I know menus change all the time so I'm also wondering if that tends to stay year round and are there any other chicken dishes not listed?
I've noticed other sites list Mustard-basted All Natural Chicken too. Any info on that.

I just don't want to make ADR's and get there only to find there's no chicken. Especially since we may cause someone who loves the place to not get an ADR on that day.

Thanks.

sassafras
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Don't know about the Rosemary Garlic chicken, but have had what they call the French dinner (or menu or something to that effect) which is roast chicken with potatoes, rolls, and dessert and it is very good.

Beast_fanatic
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
I have not had chicken at Le Cellier, but I do think the menu has changed, and they now have Chicken Coq au Vin rather than the Rosemary Garlic Chicken. If your friend eats mushrooms, they also have Porcini Mushroom Ravioli, and I've heard that it's good.

Also, the French menu is at Les Chefs de France, not at Le Cellier. But, Le Cellier does have a Chef's Favorites that is similar to the French menu in that you get an appetizer, entree and dessert. And, that includes the Mustard-basted All Natural Chicken as one of the entree choices and the ravioli as another one.

Luv Eeyore
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Both DD and I have had the Mustard based all natural chicken and we both enjoyed it very much. Neither of us are big red meat fans (DD doesn't do pork and I don't do seafood), but we both love going to Le Cellier.

slpngbty56
01-31-2009, 09:27 PM
the mustard chicken is tooo die for!!!! yummmm! When we were there in sept i wanted some vegetables with my dinner so i got the chef's special. It was really, really good. In my opinion it was better than the steak the rest of my party had. I know b/c i sampled each different selection. :blush:

Pop Centurion
01-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. You've been very helpful. We still have a long way to go before we can make ADRs so there's plenty of time to decide. But if theses replies don't sell her on Le Cellier, I don't know what will.

Maleficent's Dad
02-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies.
Sending you a PM...