PDA

View Full Version : What Have We Missed?

twotinks
01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi! We're revisiting the greatest place on earth this May. We never thought we would get back there again but my MIL has graciously offered to pay for her whole family to go on a Disney cruise and we squeezed in 2 days at the parks beforehand. Anyway, we were there in May of 2006. I planned and scheduled like a nut to the point it was a little unenjoyable to me. This time is a bonus so i am not going to drag my family around like crazy people...which gets me to my question. Has thee been anything added/changed for the better since May 2006 that anyone can think of that my family (me, DH and 2 DD's will be 9) might want to see/try/do? Any input will get me started. Thanks!:mickey:

sassy2000
01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
The 2 things that come to mind are 1. expedition everest @ Animal Kingdom and 2. Toy Story Mania @ Hollywood Studios. One big tip if planning on Toy story mania would be to get there at park opening and get fastpass for this ride first.

DumboMom
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I would say Tinker Bell flying from the castle into Tomorrowland during Wishes. When you are faceing the castle stay by the bridge to the right. It is the best view to see her fly. :mickey:

MegPeg85
01-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I definitely agree with all of the above. To add to the list, I'd try out Finding Nemo: The Musical. It's a little weird at first, but I LOVE it now!

Suz36
01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Meeting Tinkerbell and Friends at MK!

TinkerMel
01-27-2009, 09:17 PM
High School Musical 3: Senior Year show at the studios. The girls will love it if they are fans.

twotinks
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone. These suggestions really help. I bet my girls would love the HSM show. Is Toy Story Mania a show or ride?What does it actually entail? Thanks again!

Iluvpooh
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Toy story mania is a super cool version of Buzz Lightyear at MK. I haven't ridden yet, but I hear it is "like wow" as my little brother would say.

MegPeg85
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Toy Story Mania is a ride (where Who Wants to be a Millionaire used to be - on the old Mickey Avenue). It is kind of like Buzz Lightyear in that you shoot things, but it's way more updated than Buzz. It's a 3-D ride where you "shoot" your gun at different scenes trying to hit different things. It's GREAT! I have so much fun riding it! But like posters said earlier, definitely get there early (even if just to get a fastpass because they run out quickly).

the other micki
01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyway, we were there in May of 2006. I planned and scheduled like a nut to the point it was a little unenjoyable to me. This time is a bonus so i am not going to drag my family around like crazy people

Wow! We were there in May 2006 and I had the same "scheduled like a nut" attitude!

New things:
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
3. Pirates of the Caribbean (it was being refurbed in May 2006)
4. Finding Nemo: The Musical
5. Kim Possible World Showcase Mission
6. Nemo ride in Living Seas
7. T-Rex Cafe at DTD

That's all I can think of! Have a great trip! Yay MIL!

PlutoToo
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
definitely Toy Story Mania and Expedition Everest. I don't really like Buzz Lightyear and was reluctant to try Toy Story. It's a blast. Get to the park early and grab fast passes for it though. The wait is usually 60-90 minutes.

disneyworld55925592
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Deffff do expedition everest in AK if you like thrill rides. Its so much fun and the theming is amazing.

JMTStone
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
We were there in May 2006 and also will go back in May 2009 before a cruise.. just like you. Are you boarding the Magic on May 23rd?

wire0monkey
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
Woody's Cowboy Camp
Jedi Training Academy

paragon
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't forget the "Updated" haunted mansion, and maybe even the POTC update.

twotinks
01-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all this good info. JMTStone- that would be so cool if we were on the same trip but we are only doing a 3 night cruise starting 5/7. Hope your trip is MAGICal!!! Is Exp Everest a scary ride? Is it really fast with drops? We are a bunch of chickens (okay, I am a chicken) and as I get older I can't handle the drops as well as I used to. We will def do PoTC. We were onw of the last riders when we were there, it was closing the next day or so. We want to see it redone. What's the Nemo ride...is it for kids only? Thanks again everyone.

deedeenmickey
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Also Spaceship earth refurb. I really like it. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

JMTStone
01-30-2009, 10:38 PM
You got a lot of good info above. The nemo ride at EPCOT is cool. Its like sitting in a clamshell under the sea going to visit different parts of Nemo's world. There's no drops or spins. Just a song at the end that will stay with you. I even call my DH at work sometimes, sing it, then hang up. Just so he has it in his head.

Nemo show at AK is the movie on stage. With new songs! Our family liked it a lot!!!

If you're not into drops, I recommend sitting out of Everest. Its got some doozys. That's why its our second favorite. (RnR is still tops to me!)