PDA

View Full Version : College Program Interview

honeebee86
01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
So... I was suppoed to have my interview for the fall 2009 semester at 2:15pm and no one called me. I had to call them and they just resheduled me without saying why I was not called in the first place. I am assuming they just got off schedule or something. Has any one every had this happen or know if this happnds a lot?

honeebee86
01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
*rescheduled

Briansmom
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I do know that the lady that is in charge of the program has been out so it may just be that it got lost in the shuffle with those trying to fill in for her. You know how it is when someone is out and you are trying to take care of things you dont normally do...sometimes, things fall through the cracks unintentionally.

Here is the long story of why I know this info.... Last May on our trip, we had given our daughter the Dolphins in Depth tour for her 21st birthday. When she went on the tour, the lady that was doing the tour wasnt the person that regularly does it. It ended up that this lady was the person in charge of all the college programs/internships. This was exciting for my daughter because she is getting ready to graduate and is applying for a professional internship and she was able to talk firsthand to someone who knew details about the program. In the process, she ended up giving my daughter her contact info and when my daughter emailed her a couple of weeks ago to ask her a question, she got a return email saying she was out of the office until February.
So, take a breath, and just prepare for the rescheduled interview. Good luck!

joanna71985
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
So... I was suppoed to have my interview for the fall 2009 semester at 2:15pm and no one called me. I had to call them and they just resheduled me without saying why I was not called in the first place. I am assuming they just got off schedule or something. Has any one every had this happen or know if this happnds a lot?

I believe they were having computer issues today. My friend also had to be rescheduled for tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck! Hopefully I'll see you in FL (I applied for Fall 2009 as well).

OT- which roles did you pick?

teamblackwell
01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Don't let this little hiccup in scheduling discourge or slow you down. The job a have now and for the last 8 years, started off just like this, with me not getting called for an interview time. Everyone I have met, that went through the CWP had nothing but great things to say about it and memories to last a lifetime. Stick with it!!!

ValenciaCalling
01-30-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm applying tomorrow, and I'm incredibly nervous. I haven't done it sooner because every time I sit down to do it, I panic. This time, I'm actually going to do it!

joanna71985
01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm applying tomorrow, and I'm incredibly nervous. I haven't done it sooner because every time I sit down to do it, I panic. This time, I'm actually going to do it!

Good luck!! I'm sure you will do great. :)

Which roles did you pick?

ValenciaCalling
02-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I just scheduled my interview for 12:30pm on Wednesday! (Insert panic attack here!) :blush:

On my role checklist, I've selected Attractions,
Character Attendant and Character Performer.

I really want Character Performer, but the idea of going to an audition makes my head spin... :crazy:
Right now, I'm just going to focus on my interview.

joanna71985
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I just scheduled my interview for 12:30pm on Wednesday! (Insert panic attack here!) :blush:

On my role checklist, I've selected Attractions,
Character Attendant and Character Performer.

I really want Character Performer, but the idea of going to an audition makes my head spin... :crazy:
Right now, I'm just going to focus on my interview.

Don't worry, it's going to be fine. :)

I picked character attendant and attractions too (and I've auditioned before). The questions were not bad at all. Good luck!:thumbsup:

ValenciaCalling
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you. I can't believe it's tomorrow. I'm trying to prepare for it. Are the questions mostly about Disney related things, or are will they ask the "If you were a kind of tree, which would you be, and why?" kind of questions? I'm so afraid of saying the wrong thing. :(

joanna71985
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you. I can't believe it's tomorrow. I'm trying to prepare for it. Are the questions mostly about Disney related things, or are will they ask the "If you were a kind of tree, which would you be, and why?" kind of questions? I'm so afraid of saying the wrong thing. :(

Most of the questions were role related. But there were a few personal questions as well (like "Why do you want to do the CP?", "what would you do if you had an issue with a roomie?", and so on).