PDA

View Full Version : Change One Thing

4ubie1
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
If you had the ability to change JUST ONE THING about WDW, what would it by??

I would want to enact stricter line rules :cop: ...aka line jumping = certain death J/K!! :D

NicksNitro
01-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I would post scooter lanes so we don't get run over by wayward scooter riders!!!

WDWNut02
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
I would like to see them limit families who purchase dining packages to only be able to book one lunch and one dinner per day. Many people book lunch and dinner at three different parks because they may not know where they will be each day. It makes it hard for everyone to get reservations at the more popular restaurants.

DizNee143
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
id lower the ticket prices by at least 20%..
that way i know when i have my own family..i might have a chance of actually going to disney!
well i guess if id lower ticekt prices..i guess i would just lower prices all around!! :mickey:

disneyfan328
01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I would like to see them limit families who purchase dining packages to only be able to book one lunch and one dinner per day. Many people book lunch and dinner at three different parks because they may not know where they will be each day. It makes it hard for everyone to get reservations at the more popular restaurants.

I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong here but I thought that Disney already took care of this and that if more than one reseravation was made for the same time period on the same day at multiple restaurants that one of the reservations was kicked out and deleted???? I mean it may not catch every one, but I thought that they had put this into place and Disney doesn't send you anything telling you one of your ADR's has been cancelled so people that do this are risking not having an ADR where they end up.

This is why it is so important for Disney to get their calendars updated so that those of us with Disney OCD can get our plans made :thumbsup:

DisneyGlutton
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I would add a kids free night so that we could enjoy the parks without getting constantly bumped into by strange children!:silly:

briguy
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd put my house in the middle of main street and tell everyone to get out of my yard! Of course Intercotees would be invited!

Seriously - I'd allow multiple fass passes at a time, and you'd be able to get them that morning at your resort. (Only 1 per ride and all at the same park)

For DVC members I'd allow check in from home and just have your DVC card become an active key at 4pm on the day of arrival. So 1 week before flight I'd get an email with room assignment and I'd go straight there on day of arrival. No check in at all. Kinda like what they are piloting but eliminating the need to go to resort kiosk since I:

1) already know my way around my home resort

2) Already have a card with a mag stripe. If I need additonal keys they could be left in the room with the welcome packet.

AdventurerKim
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I would change that people staying on WDW property get automatic fast passes at every park! :mickey:

GrumpySue
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I would absolutely, positively, change the coffee !!!

joonyer
01-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I would change that people staying on WDW property get automatic fast passes at every park! :mickey:

If they all got fast passes, they wouldn't be fast anymore. :D

The change I would make is to make longer evening hours at all parks at all times of year. I love being in the parks after dark. :fworks:

jusandnew
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I agree with the person who said have a day/night kids under 16 with adult has free dining.
Each week would be a different night.

This would help familes with the cost. I have 4 children and it gets costly.

ThanxForNoticin
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd really like to eliminate the stupid finger scan to get into the parks. All it takes is a person or two who don't understand the process to completely bog down the people behind them anxious to get into the parks.

Iluvpooh
01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd put my house in the middle of main street and tell everyone to get out of my yard! Of course Intercotees would be invited!

Seriously - I'd allow multiple fass passes at a time, and you'd be able to get them that morning at your resort. (Only 1 per ride and all at the same park)

For DVC members I'd allow check in from home and just have your DVC card become an active key at 4pm on the day of arrival. So 1 week before flight I'd get an email with room assignment and I'd go straight there on day of arrival. No check in at all. Kinda like what they are piloting but eliminating the need to go to resort kiosk since I:

1) already know my way around my home resort

2) Already have a card with a mag stripe. If I need additonal keys they could be left in the room with the welcome packet.
Oh-I love all of these!!
I would allow only resort guests to gt fastpasses. (Sorry-that is just how I feel about it.)

GrumpyFan
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll second that!

I would extend the monorail to all of the parks. Or, if not monorail, some other form of transportation that would be more efficient than busses.

rkwctw
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I really like two of the ideas posted so far.
1. Fast passes for WDW guest only.
2. Monrail to all parks from the TTC.

Great ideas all.

:mickey:

deedeenmickey
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I would add on to the TTA and really use it for transportation and do something similar at all parks. Alot of people would save time on their vacation.

Coffee??? I love the coffee!:secret:

jszczur5
01-27-2009, 07:07 PM

Yeah, and change it all to Kona pressed pot coffee. Mmmm - so good!

Pete Olsen
01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Make Animal Kingdom easier to manuver through. The walkways are difficult and narrow. Camp Minnie & Mickey doesn't connect to the other lands without going back through the hub. Animal Kingdom can be very challenging, especially if you want to see Festival of the Lion King and Nemo on the same day. All the attraction are so top-notch that you don't want to miss anything, but the walking can take it out of you. Maybe a train like in MK would be helpful.

cgriff
01-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Add a table service restaurant inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, akin to the Blue Bayou Restaurant at the Disneyland theme park in California.

grwoolf
01-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh-I love all of these!!
I would allow only resort guests to gt fastpasses. (Sorry-that is just how I feel about it.)

I always stay on site and I love the idea of more fast passes for resort guests, but I think Disney got this right leaving it available for everyone. We've done the Six-flags version of fast pass that you pay for and I think it creates a good bit of tension and unhappy guests. I'm not a person who believes the world should be fair and equal for people, that is not reality. However, I don't think a theme park is the place to be contantly reminded of that lesson when kids just want to ride the rides.

However, my one change would be an update to the fast pass system that would include kiosk machines in the parks and resorts that allow fastpasses for any attraction, but with the current rules (wait 2 hours or for current fastpass return window to open). I just hate it when I hike across the park just to grab a fastpass, especially without knowing what the return time is until I get there.

As a resort guest, I would have the added benefit of getting a jump on the day guests by grabbing a fastpass at the hotel kiosk before I leave for the park in the morning or on an afternoon break at the resort before I return to the parks.

AHOTE
01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
I would bring back Pleasure Island just like it was in 1989 and make it a kids free zone. :fworks: :party: :beer: :party: :fworks:

cinderellagrl
01-28-2009, 01:20 AM
I would kick out anyone who is not willing to participate in the "Disney Magic"

I have seen way too many grouchy parents, fights over seating, and irresponsible guests....

DisneyHoneymooners
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
I would have children free dining times late each evening at the signature resturants

grumpyguy
01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
no "double-wide" strollers allowed!!!!:thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I would let people without kids get picked to be grand marshalls or other similar positions at least once a week (then at least there is a chance I'll get picked)

4ubie1
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Add a table service restaurant inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, akin to the Blue Bayou Restaurant at the Disneyland theme park in California.

My Mom and I have often dreamed of this. :cloud9:

Mrs Bus Driver
01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Maybe they could open a Starbucks or some sort of decent coffee bar in each park and resort. I know it would really make my trip enjoyable. :mickey:

DisneyGlutton
01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I would let people without kids get picked to be grand marshalls or other similar positions at least once a week (then at least there is a chance I'll get picked)

:ditto:

Giggy
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Have to say I disagree strongly with the resort-only fastpass idea. I'm fine with resort guests getting added perks such as EMH but let's not over do it. Would really kill the magic a lot for non-resort guests if they were made to feel like second class citizens the whole time they are there.

As for the pre-booking fastpasses at a resort, allowing people to hae as many fastpasses as they want, ect there is one risk. People would just buy them all up at the start of the day and there wouldn't be any left for other people. People would quickly turn to just getting them for every ride so that they can just jump the queue wherever they happen to be while other fastpasses just sit unused. Similar to how someone pointed out with resturaunt bookings before the new system was brought in.

Fastpass system is great as it is, available to anyone willing to go to the efforts of getting one. :mickey:

yourmagicalguide
01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
I would extend the monorail to all of the parks. Or, if not monorail, some other form of transportation that would be more efficient than busses.

I would have to agree in this aspect 100%. Yes, the buses are free and you get what you pay for, but having the monorail extended would be fantastic :D Plus, Disney needs to look at it from this standpoint: MK and EP are the two most visited of the four parks. Why? Because if you get done with one, it's so easy to take the monorail over to the other. Plus, riding the monorail is fun for about anyone :mickey:

WDWNut02
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong here but I thought that Disney already took care of this and that if more than one reseravation was made for the same time period on the same day at multiple restaurants that one of the reservations was kicked out and deleted???? I mean it may not catch every one, but I thought that they had put this into place and Disney doesn't send you anything telling you one of your ADR's has been cancelled so people that do this are risking not having an ADR where they end up.

This is why it is so important for Disney to get their calendars updated so that those of us with Disney OCD can get our plans made :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update! I was discussing this issue with my sister the other day and we were not aware that they had already changed it. Our problem is that we take a lot of last minute trips and always wind up at the same places because everything else is full. A small price to pay for a whole lot of Magic. I couldn't agree more about the grouchy people. My family has a "no grouchyness policy". Stay home and be crabby.

Tinkerbelly84
01-28-2009, 01:44 PM
If I could change one thing I would release the May hours of operation! lol

Imagineer1981
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
foreign tour groups should break up into groups of 5 or less

disneyworld55925592
01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
We always stay at an Epcot resort so we can walk into our favorite park :) I would make Epcot open till at least 10 or 10:30. 9:00 doesnt really give us enough time after dinner to shop and walk around!

DonaldsBFF
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I would definately agree with a previous post about changing the fast pass system. We were there over the holidays and hardly got any fast passes if we got to the parks past 10 a.m. Now I know it is a busy time of the year but I do think fast pass should only be for resort guests. They are paying a pretty hefty price for their trip and that should be one of the perks for staying at a resort. I think that they could keep some fast passes for day visitors by having only one kiosk designated for that purpose and when it runs out then no more. Or if day visitors wanted a fast pass type thing they could purchase as an add on tho their ticket. Just my opinion.

Septbride2002
01-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Dang it! I was so going to say that I would add a food court to the Boardwalk Resorts - but then you mentioned the coffee.......

hmm........

food court or good coffee.....food court or good coffee........

I'm going to go with food court! Only because I can pack my own coffee and make it in the rorom!:coffee:

DizneyRox
01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I think I'd go with more/better cast member training. Bring back a real traditions class and schedule everyone to go back through.

princessimagineer
01-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd really like to eliminate the stupid finger scan to get into the parks. All it takes is a person or two who don't understand the process to completely bog down the people behind them anxious to get into the parks.

this made me laugh out loud. there is always that ONE dud.

i agree with the resort only fast passes. sorry. and the limited reservations to 2 per day. def

there needs to be some sort of mass transportation to animal kingdom. its so off in its own little corner.

stricter monorail rules. i hate when kids do acrobatics on the handicap car of the monorail.

GrumpyFan
01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
You know, with as many complaints as there are about the coffee, and as popular as Starbucks, and other "gourmet" coffee places are, it's very surprising that WDW hasn't jumped in and added their own "gourmet" coffee counters. It just seems like it would be a hit. If nothing else, they should partner with Starbucks, or Seattle's best or Barnie's or somebody, and add them to the World!

DisneyGlutton
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Would really kill the magic a lot for non-resort guests if they were made to feel like second class citizens the whole time they are there.

Fastpass system is great as it is, available to anyone willing to go to the efforts of getting one. :mickey:

:ditto: Resort guests shouldn't be turned into guest nobility with everyone else being the hoi polloi. The FP system is fine IMHO, b/c as someone else mentioned, if they give out too many of them, they lose their function.

Polynesian Dweller
01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Modifying FP for resort guest is the one thing that would make our trip better more than any other. I would let resort guests pre-order FPs much the way the DDP does. Like, 1 FP per member of your party for each night of your stay.

Darbylew
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I wiah they would lower the price of tickets for
children. I think paying for an adult ticket at
10 is a little much. I think they should raise it
to at least 13 when they become a teen. I don't
mind the buses but it would be nice to have the
monorail going to all parks. :mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP OCTOBER 2008
NEXT TRIP MARCH 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN
REMEMBER IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE!

Daisy'sMom
01-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I'll go out on a limb here, FP for annual passholders and DVC members only, and NO SMOKING in the parks at all.
There are to many rude guests that smoke anywhere they want.

conwayjohn71
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
I would change .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
Well I would add 1 more rollercoaster to each park

I can only walk around with the kids for so long before I need a ride

Marceline
01-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Well, this isn't realistic at all but......

I would turn back time and put HORIZONS right back where it belongs again.

And all would be right with the world.:cloud9:

BMan62
01-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Add a fifth gate with all the 'retired' attractions. Kind of a WDW Nostalgia park.

WDW_Obsessed
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I would have to vote for:

1. No smoking in the parks, period. Sorry...I don't have anything against smokers, I just have had too many instances where people have not respected the designated smoking areas.

2. I love the idea of expanding the monorails to all the parks! I think that would help with some of the over-crowded busses complaints and also add to the disney magic:magic: The monorail is so much more fun than the busses!

Giggy
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Modifying FP for resort guest is the one thing that would make our trip better more than any other. I would let resort guests pre-order FPs much the way the DDP does. Like, 1 FP per member of your party for each night of your stay.

I would settle on that possibly, though may suggest only so many of these are given out per day, just to stop resort guests holding the monopoly on fast passes.

As said i have no issue with resort guests getting a few added bonuses, however i would object to doing so to the detriment of everyone else's day or taking things from guests who are just there for the day or staying offsite. Remember not everyone can afford to stay on site.

I saw the argument about "paying more money and deserving the fastpasses" though I can't find the post now. It's a fine line IMO and someone could then argue "why not make them annual pass holders only? They pay a lot of cash up front afterall." or maybe even "directors of the Disney Corporation and their immediate families only". There is no fair place to draw the line on this issue so the only fair thing to do is not draw the line.

Laughin' place
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Best answer by someone else: 5th gate of retired rides !! Mr Toad, Horizons, old Tikis, River Country !!

My only - half kidding - answer: the water :ack:

My fantasy answer: more "me"

My "would have made my last trip better": go back to length of stay tickets

My "actual" answer : go back to e-ticket nights

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 09:01 AM
However, I don't think a theme park is the place to be contantly reminded of that lesson when kids just want to ride the rides.

We always stay onsite and i cpompletely agree. WDW does not need to create a caste system for ride lines.

However, my one change would be an update to the fast pass system that would include kiosk machines in the parks and resorts that allow fastpasses for any attraction, but with the current rules (wait 2 hours or for current fastpass return window to open). I just hate it when I hike across the park just to grab a fastpass, especially without knowing what the return time is until I get there.

I like that idea.

DisneyWFan
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
1) I would agree with the idea of the fastpass kiosks in each park being able to produce fastpasses for any attraction although i would change the rule to allow you to hold two fastpasses at a time:number1:

2) I also agree on the need of a better mass transit system to get you from park to park I had hard a rumor that they had looked into this and the monorail would not be cost efective but they are looking into a light rail system to run from epcot-hollywood studios-AK with buses to take you from your resort to your closest park:confused:

3) the water i would agree they need to put some sort of filtration system on thier water bublers there has been to many times the water tastes either of chlorine or smells of sulfer ( roten eggs):ack:

c&d
02-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I would enforce the rules already in place:

No heelies, everytime DS sees someone on them he asks. I always say it's the rules you can't use them here.

No line jumping

I would change the rule to absolutely no smoking in the parks.

I would set aside 20% of the tables in restaurants every night for walk ins. I'm not a good planner as far as meals so I'd love the option to walk up and get a table. I'm even willing to wait for it.

The first trip to WDW is overwhelming and then to see no restaurants available signs at the parks must be very disheartening for them. You know they've probably been going all day at the park so they don't miss anything and now they can't eat.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I think this discussion of Fastpass is interesting... I actually wrote my term paper on why DIsney is better than Universal in my freshman persuasive writing class and dealt with this topic... here's the quote from my paper:

Disney and Universal both offer many guest services- it’s just that Disney’s guest services are far superior to Universal’s. Both theme parks, for example, offer ways to shorten your time waiting in lines. However, it’s Disney that gives their guests- all of their guests- an advantage. While Universal permits line-cutting (for a price), Disney makes appointments through their FASTPASS system- guests insert their ticket into a machine and are given an hour long slot in which to get on the ride that will cut their wait time to usually less than ten minutes. For Universal’s guests, it’s a different story. In order to receive wait-shortening privileges, guests have to choose one of two options: A) stay at an expensive Universal hotel or B) shell out an additional fifteen dollars with your park admission to cut lines- once per ride, rather than the unlimited number of times you can get a FASTPASS. Disney’s FASTPASS option is complimentary with park admission. "There's something basically wrong with the attitude that money can buy some people out of the hassle of waiting in line," says Steve Baker, one of Disney’s original top managers and now an Orlando-based theme park consultant (Diamond).

Luv Eeyore
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I like the no heelies idea!

I would have later hours for the themed pool at the resorts (or at least Stormalong Bay - since we typically stay at the BCV). It seems like once we get back from the parks, the theme pool is either closed or will be closing shortly.

DisneyWFan
02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
One other thing I would change is to have more moderate and value resort rooms that can handle 6 people so there would be more choices for larger families that can not afford to stay at the Deluxe or Home Away From Home resorts

Olivia's Daddy
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I would set aside 20% of the tables in restaurants every night for walk ins.

Interesting. Then you could eat what your in the mood for that day rather than eating what you were in the mood for 3 months ago.

crazygoalie39
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Not in any particular order.

1) Make obtaining FP's easier. More machines in more places with all of the rides. I don't think the rules to them should be changed, just easier to get to instead of walking to the other side of the park.

2) More efficient transportation. (Eg. Monorail connecting all parks, more buses between parks and resorts.)

3) Update more of the resort rooms. WDW is known for it's attention to detail but it's lacking in the rooms of some resorts. IMO, a lot of the rooms are pretty bare with white walls and just aren't themed very well. (Eg. CBR, YC, BC, POFQ) But the new Contemporary and Boardwalk rooms are beautiful and are what I think Disney hotel rooms should look like.

TheVBs
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I love the idea of a certain percentage of tables being set aside for walk-ins! Before the dining plan we never booked meals in advance and pretty much ate where we wanted (off season). I don't like the pressure of having to have a reservation or not having any hope of getting in.

One thing I would change: make the dining plan a points system. If you're unable to use one of your table service meals, it should be equivelant in points to, say, a counter service plus 2 snacks, if that makes sense. We have young kids and sitting down to a meal is not always a guaranteed thing. I don't like the idea of just losing out if we don't use all of our table service credits. I know they let you use it for counter service now, but that's not getting the same value out of it.

grumpydude
02-06-2009, 09:28 PM
monorail to all parks and free pizza on friday:D:D:D

dtootsie42
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Monorail to all parks....sometimes trying to get to and back from the animal kingdom is crazy

Cast members who are willing to enforce the rules. Put a stop to kids using their wheelies, put those who line cut out of line....

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

pdrlkr
02-08-2009, 08:37 AM
I would change Fantasmic back to every night of the week!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
One is too hard: I would bring back length of stay passes for guests on site and I would bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea and the sky ride.
Cut the price of rooms and tix. Dare I dream!:number1:

crazygoalie39
02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Question: What were length of stay passes?

stardebby
02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I agree with keep at least 20% of resturants open for walk ins.
And the coffee is terrible -can they please do something about that.

c&d
02-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Question: What were length of stay passes?

You could purchase your ticket for your length of stay at your resort. So if you stayed for 6 days you got a 6 day pass. You purchased it when you checked into your resort.

Laughin' place
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
length of stay passes (to the parks) were valid from the minute you checked in, until midnight of your check-out day. These prevented you from having to use full "days" of admission for the partial days that you checked in / out. We did not like having to "ration" our days this past summer, and a miscalculation left with with a whole day where we could only do water parks. While we had fun with an "unplanned" day at Typhoon Lagoon, we had planned to end the trip at MK

horizonsgirl
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Mine would be allow a side item or appetizer to replace the dessert at every meal on the Disney Dining Plan. I love dessert as much as the next person, but I don't need to eat it twice a day! We felt we had to order it because we paid for it. At least allow the replacement at the counter service meal.

Get rid of the tomb stones in front of Spaceship Earth (I contend in thousands of years when there is no more WDW, archeologists will dig up those ugly things and assume it's a massive grave site). They don't look like they belong there and they're clumbsy to get around.

Get rid of the Sorcerer's Hat at Hollywood Studios. I know the excuse was they wanted an icon, but the Chinese Theater WAS the icon. The hat sits there like an eye sore, too close, so that takeing a picture of the beautiful theatre is now impossible. Of all the new things done to the parks, in my opinion, that was one of the dumbest. Oh and when the hat is removed, even though there is Fantasmic, bring back the fireworks behind the theatre. They were the best fireworks in all the parks.

I know it was mentioned before, but above all things I would put HORIZONS back (obviously! LOL!) I have a hard time even walking over to that side of the park. It makes my heart hurt.

I "second" NO DOUBLE-WIDE Strollers and yes, yes Kid-free hours. I'd even be willing to spend a little more!

I just got back from a great DWD trip on 1/30 but my friend and I were always having to dodge away from parents with strollers, who just didn't seem to see people in their path. My friend is great. At any of these moments we would look at each other and she'd say "Just smile and breathe!" It always seemed to quell our non-Disney urges!

GhostHost999
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
How about...ClassicLand?

This would be an area where they can reconstruct all the rides that we miss...Mr. Toad, 20,000 leagues, Horizons, original tiki room, original Journey into Imaginaton...etc. :mickey:

horizonsgirl
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
That's a fantastic idea! Classicland!!!:thumbsup: