PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Rehab?

TinkRocks
01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
I have heard rumors from a couple of different sources that Space Mountain will be closed from April to possibly the end of the year - can anyone confirm this?

I would imagine that Disney will be upgrading Space Mountain like they did at DLR a few years ago.

I also heard Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA) will be closed temporarily too, but don't know many details. Wondering if Disney will be adding / editing / updating the soundtrack, but without taking away the awesomeness (is that a word?)...

Strmchsr
01-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, SM goes down beginning April 19 through at least the end of 2009 and maybe into 2010. There's a thread in the news/rumors forum all about it here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147953)

dixielandings
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I am SO EXCITED about this! The DL version makes the MK version almost tame. Sad that it has to be down so long but it'll be worth the wait! :thumbsup:

Stu29573
01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Actually, all indications are that it won't be a DLR clone, but rather some sprucing up and a couple of new effects.

MMFreak
01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I am soooooo disappointed. This ride is my favorite ride at WDW. Even as Disney adds new and more exciting rides for some reason whenever I ride this ride I feel like a kid again and I can't help but laugh like a lunatic everytime I ride. It just so happens that this rehab is going to happen when we are on our yearly trip this year. My only salvation is knowing I will have to plan yet another trip to Disney next year so that I can ride it again.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I am SO EXCITED about this! The DL version makes the MK version almost tame. Sad that it has to be down so long but it'll be worth the wait! :thumbsup:

this is just some repairs and small tweaks, not changing the attraction