PDA

View Full Version : Where to send a letter??

Dsnygirl
01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi guys --

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but does anybody know where I should send a letter re: a poor experience I had at one of the All Stars during my stay? I spoke w/ the manager at the time, but her response, although kind, wasn't all that great, and it didn't turn out to be of any use to us. I really feel that someone higher up ought to be aware of what happened, but I don't know who to contact or where to send a letter, or if a phone call is more appropriate.

Any ideas/information for me? :thanks:

brian2000boston
01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
try this - i submitted an issue through this link a few months back. I got a call back roughly two weeks later. They were very helpful and made things right for us :mickey:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

FenwayGirl
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
What happened.
I had a bad experience at ASMo a few years back. I wrote to WDW and they sent me $100 disney dollars and a free room for one night.

Dsnygirl
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
What happened.
I had a bad experience at ASMo a few years back. I wrote to WDW and they sent me $100 disney dollars and a free room for one night.
The very short version is that my key card wouldn't work, and I was left standing outside my room at 10pm for an hour and a half (in very chilly weather, and I wasn't feeling all that hot...) while they tried to find the runner and get someone to get me in. :confused: I was none too pleased, and not well appeased by the "here's a paper for a FP on the ride of your choice" answer to my problem. But, I'm also not a big complainer, so I didn't say much at the time. Stupid, I know, but I had people waiting for me and just took it... and thought better of it later.

So, I've written a letter and sent it via e-mail to guest communications... we'll see what happens...

disneydeb
01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Amy's key card wouldn't work October 07 , she got another one when she went to the registration desk, it took about 30 minutes to get it straightened out.

So sorry this happened to you.
deb

Dsnygirl
01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Amy's key card wouldn't work October 07 , she got another one when she went to the registration desk, it took about 30 minutes to get it straightened out.

So sorry this happened to you.
deb
Me too! ;) I wish mine had been a case of it not working, but my card wouldn't work b/c the deadbolt was on -- they were able to figure this out over the phone b/c of the light color flashing when I tried to use the key card. And I wasn't up to walking all the way back to the registration desk... we'd waited over 40 minutes for our bus b/c of all the tour groups at the resort, my room was in the dead back of the resort, and I was pretty tired and not feeling so hot. So - I opted to stay put and call, figuring that that was the quickest way. Apprently not! :blush: But I guess it's good I didn't walk back after all, now that I think about it, b/c they wouldn't have figured out the dead bolt was on w/o me standing there trying the door while I was on the phone.... although that knowledge didn't hurry them up, as the poor runner'd been given the wrong information! Sigh... just a comedy of errors...

pixiesmimi
01-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Just curious as to how the dead bolt got on the door if no one was in the room and how they got it off? :)

Dsnygirl
01-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Just curious as to how the dead bolt got on the door if no one was in the room and how they got it off? :)
Took us quite awhile to figure this one out... but my friend and I had adjoining rooms, and that morning, I'd left out of her room, so I'd never unlocked my door! Unfort., she had gone back early, as well, even earlier than I, and we had to wake her up and go through her room to get into mine. :( (The safety latch was still on my door, or I could've gotten in when the runner returned the second time with a master key.)

So -- word to the wise -- be sure to unlock your own door in the morning if you have an adjoining room with someone, just in case!! :blush:

brian2000boston
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Took us quite awhile to figure this one out... but my friend and I had adjoining rooms, and that morning, I'd left out of her room, so I'd never unlocked my door! Unfort., she had gone back early, as well, even earlier than I, and we had to wake her up and go through her room to get into mine. :( (The safety latch was still on my door, or I could've gotten in when the runner returned the second time with a master key.)

So -- word to the wise -- be sure to unlock your own door in the morning if you have an adjoining room with someone, just in case!! :blush:

well I dont want to sound like I am taking away from your experience but this doenst seem to be much of there fault then... Sure they could have maybe been a little smoother to get you in the room but with the latch being left locked by you guys it seems harsh to be angry at them. Should have just woke your friends up...

buzznwoodysmom
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I kind of agree with Brian. Its seems that your troubles at WDW were your own fault. It stinks that they took so long to get you in your room, but if I felt that it was my fault to begin with I would not be angry with anyone else. I hope the rest of your trip was fantastic.

Dsnygirl
01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
well I dont want to sound like I am taking away from your experience but this doenst seem to be much of there fault then... Sure they could have maybe been a little smoother to get you in the room but with the latch being left locked by you guys it seems harsh to be angry at them. Should have just woke your friends up...

Yeah, I kind of agree with Brian. Its seems that your troubles at WDW were your own fault. It stinks that they took so long to get you in your room, but if I felt that it was my fault to begin with I would not be angry with anyone else. I hope the rest of your trip was fantastic.

I guess I can kind-of see your point, if I had known at the time what had happened. But, I was alone and it wasn't until the next morning that we figured out why my deadbolt was on. At the time, the concern of the staff, as well as my own, was why my room was locked from the inside out, all they could think was that Kate's maid had gone through and locked my door, and they wanted to be sure no one had been in there inappropriately, or was still in there. My frustration certainly wasn't with the cause once I found out why it had happened, but definitely was still with the staff, who hadn't handled the situation well at all.

As far as them getting me into my room faster, I would agree if it had been maybe 15 minutes. But at 11pm, to have a guest outside their room for an hour and a half -- regardless of the reason for it, which no one knew at the time was my own fault -- is not acceptable by any standards. And the next morning, when I spoke with the manager, I was very upfront about the fault being my own, and they still were very apologetic, gave me something for the difficulty and suggested I write a letter. So, I don't really feel like I've handled this badly -- any resort needs to be aware of what is going on when they can't keep up with their guest's needs, esp. late at night. Just my :twocents:, for whatever it's worth.

And yes, the rest of my trip was wonderful and so was the staff... this was the only glitch, so I can't complain too loudly... but still felt there was a need to write a letter and let them know.

(oh, and btw -- I found out after I got home that I had a friend who left their key to their room locked in their car, and it was a half hour to get a new one.. they rec'd a $50 gift card, even though it was their fault, just b/c of how long it took... and another friend who's room hadn't been cleaned? They rec'd a credit for half their night's lodging cost. So, I do know that Disney takes this kind-of stuff seriously.)

ElenitaB
01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I think fault has little to do with the poor response and time issues.

I've travelled alone to WDW and it can get mightly lonely way at the back of the resorts... even though I didn't have issues getting into my room, I never did feel quite safe walking down the long halls in the (now defunct) Contemporary North Wing late at night after meetings in the Convention Center.

Guest safety should be at the forefront of customer service. If you were at the front desk and got a call that someone could not get in their room, would you just poo-poo it? At that point, fault doesn't enter into the equation. The fact that a guest is stranded alone outside her door should. But that's just my two cents.

mrmcgiv
01-29-2009, 01:29 AM
If it was her fault or not...if they handled it poorly..then they handled it poorly. It does not make it OK to handle it poorly just b/c in the end it was the fault of the friend or maid who had locked the deadbolt..and at the time they did not realize that was even the case. I hope you get a decent reply from Disney.