PDA

View Full Version : do all EVCs fit on bus ramps?

beksy
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, after surviving my first flair since I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and started treatment for it and am now dealing with the effects of coming off the extra Prednisone :sick:, I've decided to stop lying to myself that I'm going to make a miraculous recovery or have my body decide to wait until I'm at least 30 to do this! I realized that admitting I need to use a wheelchair is better than spending half my vacation in bed because I couldn't move after a day of walking. So here's my question...do all of the ECVs that the rental companies have fit on the buses? I'm a larger person so I can't use one of the smaller ECVs but need the full-sized ones. I just didn't want to rent something and then not have it fit on the bus ramp or something! Thanks!

tnpoohbear
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
I too am a larger person and because of knee injuries I have to use an ECV and we have used them from different companies and there has never been a problem. I will be going to WDW in 17 days and again using an ECV and I anticipate no problems at all!:mickey:

peemagg
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry but I understand that all ECV's don't fit on the bus ramps. Those that are really wide or really long won't fit on the ramps. Exactly how large is to large I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone on here will know.

ElenitaB
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
There is a new "chopper" style ECV that is being rented by some companies. It will NOT fit on the ramps and it is noted on the rental companies' sites.

I am rather Pooh-sized myself and use a full size ECV (I think it was a Pride Celebrity or Maxima) and it fit on all the ramps just fine. From what we gathered during our December trip, the older busses with the "lift up" ramp (rather than the swing out/drive up ramp) were being phased out in January. I'm not sure if that was true, but it was the most restrictive of the lifts.

beksy
01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Great! Thanks for the info...now I just need to book one and wait for my 90 day window and I'm all set! :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I thought the busses were so much easier this last Dec. Most of them are front loading, ramp, and the driver has you turn around, facing forward. BIG improvement.

BTW, we saw a couple of the "Chopper" ECV's, and they're HUGE !:thumbsup: