PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide!

laprana
01-26-2009, 03:17 PM
We're looking to try some new TS places for our trip in May, and we have everything pretty much planned out except for one dinner. We're trying to decide between Hollywood & Vine at DHS, Akershus in Epcot, and Olivia's at Old Key West. I've heard lots of bad things about Hollywood & Vine, but we still might want to try it out for ourselves...I haven't heard a whole lot about the other two places. We look mostly for good food and service when picking our restaurants, and other things like characters and atmosphere are secondary. Which would you pick and why? Thanks for your input! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Although I've never been to any of the TS places mentioned, I have heard nothing but good things about Olivia's!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Olivia's has been way off the beaten path for us to try..so we haven't.
Askerhus seems a bit strange to us, but I love that its in the World Showcase, so that may sway me.
Hollywood and Vine would be a place I would try only if I was doing Fantasmic. I don't know that I would book it just because.
I'm not thrilled with any of the three we are voting on!!! If I had to choose, I'd go with Askerhus.

DumboMom
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Hollywood and Vine was very blah. Our reservation for Mama Melrose's was lost and they only way they could get us in on a fantasmic package was Hollywood and Vine. Service wasn't great and the food was ordinary. I would go to Norway. We went for the princess lunch and was pleasantly surprised that we liked the food. :mickey:

Septbride2002
01-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Olivia's but as someone mentioned it is a bit off the beaten path and therefore not a regular haunt of ours.

~Amanda

SBETigg
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
I haven't tried Olivia's but it looks to be the best choice of the three. I have heard some good things about Olivia's. Hollywood and Vine is not one I would recommend, unless you're a big fan of buffets. I found it mediocre at best.

hlkeck
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
H&V is just not good and we will never go back. Akerhaus was great for breakfast.

laprana
01-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone for all the advice! I think we're going to steer clear of H&V! Now just have to decide between the other 2! :thumbsup:

g8rgirl29
01-27-2009, 10:23 AM
We have eaten at both Olivia's and Akershus and really enjoy both. We only go to Akershus because we have a 4yo DD who Loves princesses. Since you aren't making your decision around characters I would choose Olivia's. The food in my opinion is better there and it is just a laid back relaxing meal. If you are in a hurry it is not the place to go though. We Love the Prime Rib, Grouper and the Penne Pasta with Chicken at Olivia's. Their desserts are really great too with Key Lime Pie being their specialty. Also one of the few places you can get brewed iced tea. Good luck deciding, either way you will get a great meal!!

MirandaC
01-27-2009, 10:39 AM
We tried Akershus for lunch one year because of the Princesses. That part was great, but the actual food was DIS-GUS-TING!! (IMHO):sick:

Our family decided (at the table) that we would never go there again!

But that is only one opinion! Happy planning!:mickey:

Tinkerbelly84
01-27-2009, 12:51 PM
We did Hollywood and Vine a few years back and I have to say that I wasn't impressed. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. We decided that we would scratch it off our list of places to revisit.

NJGIRL
01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I like Hollywood and Vine. They have a nice selection food. It's pretty much everyday food that the kids will eat but I think they make it very tasty. Since it's a buffet I would make sure that everyone goes hungry to get your moneys worth.