PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Finished?

Granny Jill A
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I've been reading other discussion boards, and there is some talk about Disney finally doing something with Pop Century Legendary Years.
They cite the need for more value resort rooms, possibly Family Suites.

I'm hoping they do SOMETHING with that sad pile of lumber. Either finish it or knock it down and build something else. Would they have allowed buildings to sit and rot in full view of a Deluxe resort? I think not.

Anybody have more information about future plans for the Ghost Hotel?

Daisy'sMom
01-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Really? I hope so, those empty buildings look so sad. I do hope they add another food court for those, it would pure agony to walk all that way. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I hope so too! There wasn't any activity there 2 weeks ago though.. just those sort of empty sad looking half-finished buildings...

Tinkerbelly84
01-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't know maybe it's just me but I always found those buildings to be a little creepy and mysterious. It would be nice to see what they were actually meant to look like though.

hardingella
01-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Stayed at POP in 2006 and 2008 and those buildings looked the same each time. We could never work it out, its so un-Disney.What happened?, did they run out of money or something?.

BMan62
01-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Stayed at POP in 2006 and 2008 and those buildings looked the same each time. We could never work it out, its so un-Disney.What happened?, did they run out of money or something?.

After 9/11 people stopped traveling and the money to build was cut off. What is standing is what was completed at that time. Since that is almost 8 years ago and nothing was done, even maintenance wise, these will probably need to be razed in order to allow for new construction.

It would be nice for them to either finish the original plan, or take a different tack and think to the future and how families will lodge in the next 50 years.

Tink#64
01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Great idea on the future lodging idea BMan62! We always stay at Pop & I've always wished that they'd do something over there, but the idea of the Legendary Years holds absolutely no appeal to me! I think a different idea and more values would be great! :thumbsup:

baldburke
01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
The way Disney is almost giving away rooms this year, I doubt they'll be finishing it any time soon. First the economy needs to recover then Disney has to give folks a reason to come back. There hasn't been anything too exciting since Everest three or four years ago.