PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Movies

MickeysEars
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok, we have never watched the China, Canada or France movies. I don't think my husband has any interest. I want to see them, mainly because it will give us something NEW to do being that we go almost annualy. Can you guys give me a review of these movies so I can share with my husbad and try to get him excited about them as well?

elmjimmlm
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
The only one that we have seen is in France and I loved it...It was very relaxing and the music was great...I cant really remember more than that but I think that it is a must see at least once...

Maleficent_vf
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
We've seen all three and for the most part, have enjoyed them. France is the only one where you get to sit down. It's shown on a regular movie screen. China and Canada have the circlevision screens, but the movies aren't true circlevision. Viewers have the option of leaning against railings or just standing. With the film surrounding me, there were a couple of times I was glad to have the railing to lean on.

I don't remember much about movies in China or France, just that they are pleasant. The movie in Canada now features Marin Short, so there are more laughs in it that the other two.

cfoshe
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I have seen all of them. The Canada and China you stand in, but the screen is 360 degrees around you. They are real neat. They show you the counties. The one in France is nice as well, I have only seen the first part because I end up sleeping thru the last part. We generally go in the summer and you get to sit down in a cool place in a comfortable chair, I am usually tried from all the walking and take a nice nap :D. The parts I have seen were very nice.

Pagan
01-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Love all three of them. All amazing in their own way.

Daisy'sMom
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I love them all, but wish you could sit thru the China and Canada. France is my favorite, I love the music.

IamBelle
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I seen Norway, France, and Canada and liked all of them. My favorite is Canada. Even though you stand, its 360 degrees and Martin Short makes it very entertaining. My second favorite is Norway. And by process of elimination, my third favorite is France.

megustamex
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I love them all - they are all amazing in their own ways. I understand why they have you stand in China and Canada because you really want to see what is going on all around you. But France is my favorite. Every time I see it I am dying to go there - haven't made it yet! China is my second favorite - again, it makes me want to visit, and I never had any desire until I saw the movie.

Pete Olsen
01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
The movies are part of the magic. The updated Canada film is especially well done. All three are "don't miss" attractions.

tiggerandpooh63
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Me and my husband just returned and did the movies again for the first time in a long time!!!Really enjoyed the France and Canada movie. Have fun:mickey:

cindchan
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh I love them!! Especially the 360's!! It's not uncommon for me to spend a good chunk of the movie, looking behind me! After all, it's a different view. ^_^

handmaidenofprincesses
01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I love the CircleVision movies, particularly the new Canadian movie with Martin Short. The nice thing about these movies is that it feels like you're flying over the countries; the cenery is absolutely breathtaking and since I can't necessarily afford to travel to Canada, China, France or Norway, it's a real treat to get "the next best thing." The problem with Circle Vision? I don't want to miss anything, so I usually spend a good chunk of my time spinning around from one screen to the next, and usually end up a bit dizzy by the end of the film. :blush::sick:

hardingella
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
All i remember of Canada was feeling VERY :sick:

Septbride2002
01-27-2009, 10:55 AM
All we've seen is the China one - which we had to stand for. I remember thinking it was beautiful though.

I like you idea though of seeing all the movies - I think we may try to do this as well. Espcially France since you get to sit ;)

~Amanda

DixieBelle
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I have seen them and I enjoy the movies very much. The new Canada movie with Martin Short is on YouTube, the others may be as well.
:)

MarkC
01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Not sure how old your husband is, but I am 49 and still enjoy the movies. Even my 19 year old son went with me to France last month and he still enjoys it. The music and scenery are phenomenal in France-- not as much so as in the others although they all have some spectacular scenery. They are definitely worth the time during the busy part of the day as there are never waits for them. Check them out. Mark

Tinkerbelly84
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
The only one that I have seen is the France one. My DM dragged me on it and I hated every min of it. I found it to be very boring. It also made me a little nauscious. However, mom loved it so I guess it's just me.

Imagineer1981
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
circle vision is dated and old. Most of the films are dated and old. The best bet would be to update the films or add an attraction. What about versions of Soarin, Soarin over China, Norway, France??

MickeysEars
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
will my 4 year old be able to see with out having to be held for the entire 20 min?

megustamex
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Actually, both China and Canada were updated recently - how recently I don't know but I'd say in the last 5 years at least. France is older but still a gorgeous movie. And they Circlevision is still cooler than your normal movie at your home theater!

megustamex
01-28-2009, 04:28 PM
My 3 year old loved the movies. She sat on the floor when she got tired.

Pigtunia
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen China's in a while, but France, Norway and Canada are all good.

Norway's entrance is the Maelstrom ride, so that's a bonus, but the walk up to the Canadian theater is very well themed.

Canada's update film is very well done, and a BIG improvement over the very dated old one.