PDA

View Full Version : birthday pin?

minnie-mouse
01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Can someone please tell me if WDW still does this for free. Where can you get one? I have read at the guest relations desk? Where is that in MK? Also, what perks would this get a 9 yr child?

JPL
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes they still give you a free birthday pin. In the Magic Kingdom you can get one in City Hall on Main Street.

RedSoxFan
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
It was noted on my reservations that it was my DD b'day in October when we went. Upon check-in at CBR; she was given a b'day pin with her name on it. She wore it most of the week and lots of cast members and guests would wish her a Happy Birthday. She did get a b'day cake at LeCellier along with a b'day card signed by the staff.

kakn7294
01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
The "perks" vary - mostly it's having a lot of CMs and some guests wish the wearer a happy birthday. Somewhere along the way, one CM should offer for the birthday person to receive a special birthday call - the one DH had was from Goofy. Anything else is entirely up to the CMs if they want to go out of their way to do anything for the birthday person. When DH wore one, he was given a birthday card from the Canadian kiosk in front of the main pavilion and a globe keychain from a cart vendor just before Illuminations. At dinner at San Angel Inn, they stuck a candle in his dessert (they didn't give him dessert free though, we were on the dining plan). When our DD wore one the next year for her 6th birthday, she got a plastic tiara and special placemat that she got to keep at our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. They brought her a cupcake with a candle on it as well.

Pirate Granny
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Technically, aren't you suppose to get in free or get a 'family' fast pass if you celebrate a BD...it's got to be on the exact day...and not a park-hopper pass...this is the 'year of celebrations'...you may have to pre-register and you have to have a birth certificate as proof.
:pirate: