tink179
01-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Cast
Me-29
DH-28
DS-8
DS-5
DD-turned 3 on trip

Today was a busy day. It was our last day at the parks, so we were going to try to go back and hit everyone's favorites. We started out at the Studios and got fastpasses for TSM, RnRc, and ToT. We went to the One Man's Dream show and that was pretty interesting. It told of Walt Disney's life growing up, and how he got to building Disney. We then went to go watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We were maybe half way through when all of a sudden the music quit playing and the show kinda froze. We were then told that the show was having problems and we would have to exit! :( We then left and then headed over by boat to Epcot where we did MS and TT. TT was down for a little while, but was up and running before we left, so we jumped on. We then left there and took the monorail to the TTC and then caught the other boat over to MK. We went on POTC one last time, and then caught another little boat over to the Grand Floridan. That's where we meth one of the coolest CM on this trip. His name was Danny from Miami. He did an impression of the monorail by laying across one of the handles in line and pulling himself across it! :D Then he said he did remixes of songs, and my kids love the Grim Grinning Ghosts song. My DD who just turned 3 even knows the words! He did the beat box thing to it, and it was sooo cool! :number1: The kids loved it!!!We then got off at the Grand Floridian and had our dinner at Park Fare. The food was delicious as always! Characters were great, except fairy godmother was not out front. We were celebrating my DD's bday tonight too and they brought her out a crown. No b-day cupcake anymore I guess. Dinner was over and my DS 5 tells me he has to go the bathroom. As were walking he starts to cough! I get him into the bathroom and I ask this lady if he could go in front because he was going to :sick: and she just hurried and pushed her daughter into the bathroom and needless to say my DS didn't make it and lost his strawberry soup all over the bathroom, and the wall in the Grand Floridan! It was really bad! The lady that didn't let him in to use the bathroom came out and just acted disgusted. Making sure to make a point that her daughter would have to jump around that and she kept making noises. I told her you know, you wouldn't have to move around if you would've let him in like I asked. I said that was very rude to have done that to a child. Luckily, there was one nice lady that was in there and she actually helped me clean stuff up. She was the only one! Everyone else that came and went in the meantime had rude comments. I mean come on people just because it's the Grand Floridan doesn't mean people don't :ack: there! Luckily I brought my DS's zip up coat so he had something to wear. I put his yucky shirt in an extra bag we had and cleaned the rest of him up the best I could. He said he felt better and wanted to continue on to the Studios so he could go on TSM one last time. I said as long as he was sure, and he said he was. So, we went back and I kept a bag for him just in case. He never did get sick again and felt fine the rest of the night. He must've gotten what my older DS had. His seemed to have lasted longer though. Well, tonight we're packing our stuff up and we will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to go back to a balmy 9 degrees! :mad: I know we're going to do lunch and dinner at DTD tomorrow, so I'll try to do a trip report when I land in Chicago, or it may wait until we get back to Cedar Rapids. I'll also post some pics later this week as well. I just have to figure out how to do that on here first! :blush:

mouseketeer mom
01-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh, your poor DS, and I can relate when you spoke of the rude peoples reactions to him. My DS got sick right over the bridge to Adventureland one time and people were just awful about it. As if we could help the situation, he was just a little boy who was sick!! People, (not the CM's, they were helpful) but other guests were just disgusted with us, making awful comments and looks. Oh brother. Glad he felt better soonafter!!

faline
01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry your son was ill and you trip is coming to an end!

yjgirl32
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your son- glad to hear he was ok and able to enjoy his last day. Thanks again for sharing.

pdrlkr
01-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your DS. Hope he is feeling better.

dtootsie42
01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
So sorry to hear about your son being sick. It always amazes me how people react to children who have gotten sick. No need to get rude, after all one day you may find yourself in that situation and perhaps you will need the help and kindness of strangers.

Anyways I'm glad that the rest of the day was enjoyable.