PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh, I have a secret!!

Briansmom
01-25-2009, 12:52 PM
OMG! I am sooo excited! My DD22 is graduating from college in May and I have just booked a trip for May as a surprise for her! She has no idea that I have done this!!
Over Christmas break, we were looking at our photo album of our last trip, and she let it slip that it would be really great for us to be able to go on a family trip to Disney to celebrate her graduation. But she knew that it would be quite a financial stretch for us and quickly said, "But that's ok, Mom. I don't need or want anything."
Now, I must tell you, my DD has worked so hard her entire college career.....she has taken 18 hours every semester these past four years because she has a double major (Marine Biology, Environmental Science) and a minor (Forensics); she has taken classes two out of four summers, worked a job (Sometimes two) the entire time she has been in school, and on top of that, she will be graduating WITH HONORS in both of her majors. And, she is going to be applying for a professional internship at the Living Seas :dory: (she is a Disney freak just like me!) All the while, she hesitates to ask for any money when she is getting low on funds. And she is the first in our family to graduate from college!
So, I say to you....what mother would not do everything she possible could do to make this request happen for her daughter?? I am scrimping and saving, having a yard sale, and trying to figure out any way I can to "Make her dream come true."

I just had to share with all of you....I am so excited, and proud beyond words of my wonderful DD! I can't wait to see her face when I finally tell her! :woohoo: Now I just wish they would come out with that stinkin' May calendar so I can make all our plans and ADR's!!!

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm so happy you shared your secret!!!! You sound so very proud of your DD, I wish you a magical trip together:mickey:

Tinkerbelly84
01-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I wish my parents had done this for me. I graduated last May. So this May I am treating myself. Have an awesome time I'm sure she will be thrilled!

joanna71985
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
That is awsome! I would love to have my whole family go down to WDW together. But that won't be happening anytime soon unfortunately (there are 8 kids in my family). Oh well. I will just have to treat myself this summer (I am also graduating).

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Bethis26fan
01-25-2009, 01:45 PM
What a wonderful surprise. I know she'll love it.

lawgirl
01-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow that's awesome! I'm excited for you guys! Hope it is absolutely magical...sounds like you all deserve it!

jpH/keD
01-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats to both Mom and daughter!! My DD is only 7 so I am on the beginning of the educational journey! I love your idea and I think I will borrow it for us! When/If she graduates from college we will go together to celebrate!! Only difference, I have a bit longer to save and scrimp!

I wish you a magical trip and enjoy the accomplishments!! You both have earned them!:)

pdrlkr
01-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Awsome! :thumbsup: :mickey:

vizsla
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats to your daughter. You and your family must be proud. :thumbsup:

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
You are a truly great mother for doing this for your DD.:number1: I know that parents usually do something nice for there kids when they graduate like buying them a car. But what you have done is a wonderful thing to do. She will always remember this because you had to sacrifice so much and for the quality time you will get to spend as a family. Children need to spend time with their families to realy understand each other and i cant think of a better way!
Great Job :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
My goodness she's a busy girl! I'm so glad that you are able to splurge on this surprise for her. She's really worked for it. Happy planning. I hope she doesn't know about this website?

Briansmom
01-25-2009, 11:18 PM
My goodness she's a busy girl! I'm so glad that you are able to splurge on this surprise for her. She's really worked for it. Happy planning. I hope she doesn't know about this website?

LOL! Yes, she knows that I am a member of these boards however she is too busy right now working on her honors senior project :write: to even think about signing up. She just lets me tell her all the wonderful info that I find on here! :mickey:

:thanks: for all your well wishes....I am really looking forward to this trip...Last year we were celebrating being able to take our sweet special DS to the World for the first time (which ended up being such a magical trip), and now this year we will be able to celebrate our other child's accomplishment. I just need to think of something to do for her while we are down there to fit in with Disney's 'celebrating' theme. :party: I'm sure I will see some great ideas on these boards! Thanks again for letting me share my joy!

justice11
01-26-2009, 12:04 PM
congratulations to you and your dd. our whole family is going down in may also to celebrate my dd(29) getting her masters degree. she is a high school teacher, with 3 year old twins and another on the way. so we r all going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:high5: