PDA

View Full Version : ADR Question for everyone...

GhostHost999
01-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Folks,

My mom and I are taking my aunt to WDW for her 60th bday in July, and the question I have is this, Is it still possible to make dinner reservations the same day you plan to eat or does everything have to be done far in advance?

And if you do make an ADR, what happens if you don't show up?

Reason I ask is that we sort of play things by ear when we are there. We wake up and shower and discuss where we want to go that day and that night.

Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated.

wendy*darling
01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
... in July... Is it still possible to make dinner reservations the same day you plan to eat...?

Is it possible?
Yes- it's possible IF you are very flexible about WHERE you want to eat.
The "day of" in July will be fairly limited.\\If you know you absolutely want to eat someplace in particular, I strongly suggest you make that ADR at 90 days- just to be safe. No need to make ALL of your ADRs if you want to "play it by ear" for the rest of the trip.
Yes, there are some places where you should be able to snag a same day ADR. Many of the resort restaurants will have some availability (not the most popular).

Your comfort level and taking what's available should dictate how many ADRs you make early vs day of.

GoofyMom09
01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
It sounds like you are wanting a special place for a birthday dinner. In that case, I would definitely book ADR 90 days in advance. We don't like to overplan our trips either, but it really helps to at least have a dinner reservation booked so you know that you will get a seat somewhere that you want to eat. If you don't show up, nothing happens but it is courteous to call them and let them know so that the table is released to another hungry family;)