PDA

View Full Version : Do handicapped rooms have automatic doors?

PETE FROM NYC
01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
DW and I are both ecv users.Just curious if the handicapped rooms have automatic doors.Sometimes it can be a royal pain trying to hold a door open while bringing a scooter in the room.What I have done in the past at other places is to wedge the door open with my cane until we get inside.

Strmchsr
01-24-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't recall having seen automatic doors, but I'm not 100% sure about that. If no one answers soon, I'd suggest just calling the resort.

Hayden's Dad
01-25-2009, 09:51 AM
We have stayed at AllStar Movies, POP, and the Boardwalk in handicapped rooms and none of them have automatic doors.

Marilyn Michetti
01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
None at SOG, although the outside doors have the HP buttons that swing the doors open.:)

WishesFan13
01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Some rooms at Poly have automatic doors. The first time in Rapa Nuiu the room didn't, the second time we were in a different building that did have it and we changed to Rapa Nuiu because my MIL didn't like the other building and that room also had the auto door. I don't know if it's something you can request but it couldn't hurt to ask if you're staying at poly.

kakn7294
01-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Not that I've ever seen at the values or moderates - and you know, it's a fantastic idea.

mickeefan
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
We are also both ECV users. Our last trip at the Grand Floridian the doors were not automatic, however the door stop on the floor had a hook where you could fasten the door open.

javamama
02-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Our room last year at the Poly did have an automatic door, my 1 1/2 escaped several times--miss smarty pants walked right outta the Tonga building when I was cleaning out the fridge that had an exploding can of diet coke in it----thank god I grabbed her before she got close to the marina/boat dock:(