PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose

Closet Disney Fan
01-23-2009, 11:06 PM
This summer I am planning on making a trip to DLR and am looking for a place for a nice dinner. Last summer my girlfriend and I went to Blue Bayou and enjoyed it very much so I was hoping to try somewhere new this time. I was originally thinking Napa Rose but I wondered if that would be a good idea because we are only 20 so not yet the age to drink the wine at Napa Rose. Would I be better off waiting until we are of age to pay a lot for a dinner there or would it be good no matter what ?

NotaGeek
01-24-2009, 04:05 AM
I know quite a few people that don't drink that have enjoyed meals there. How about Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel if you want to steer away from a more wine-centric choice? I can't say enough good things about Steakhouse 55 (formerly Granville's) ... the service, food, ambiance all AMAZING. They feature a 3 course prix fixe menu in the evenings that is a great deal for the choice. Be sure and get the potato stack, it is my favorite thing!

BrerGnat
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Napa Rose is EXTREMELY expensive, but you don't have to drink to enjoy it.

However, if you want to enjoy a sampling of what they offer, without the full meal experience, be aware that you can enter the Napa Rose LOUNGE without a reservation, and be seated to enjoy appetizers and/or dessert (which are AMAZING) with a coffee or something. I cannot say enough about how good the desserts here are. We usually go for desserts and wine, but they also have some good coffees on the menu. The lounge is very comfy...nice soft chairs, a fireplace...very cozy and romantic.

I'd also recommend Steakhouse 55 for a good meal. It's very nice and attracts fewer small children, so it's a good bet for a "couples" meal.

sillyolbear
02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
You can still have a wonderful meal at Napa Rose and not imbibe.

It is a great choice!

tiggerandpooh63
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Ditto - the food at Napa is so good and worth the money - I would go there even without drinking. The last time we were there we got seats right up by the pastry chef. We got to watch him all night and he gave us several special treats throughout the evening - even sent us home with a little box of handmade chocolates!:mickey:

DVC2004
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe I went on an "off" night- service was great but I thought the food selection was a little too adventurous for my taste. Rabbit was somethingI remember that was on the menu. Not something I want to eat. I opted for steak and was disappointed to see only a NY strip on the menu. Not the best cut of steak and it was pretty plain.

You could have appetizers and dessert in the Napa Rose Lounge. The sizzling beach rock (cook meat on it) was great and unique. The desserts are good as well. See if you can check the menu before you go (call the restaurant directly) and decide if it is appealing before hand. We spent over $250 on a so-so meal. I was really excited to eat there so I felt pretty let down.

Blue Bayou is always great and we also enjoyed Ralph Brennan's dinner very much. Not as high as Napa Rose of course.

Magic Smiles
03-30-2009, 08:23 PM
We spent over $250 on a so-so meal. I was really excited to eat there so I felt pretty let down.

For how many people?

DVC2004
03-31-2009, 10:21 AM
For how many people?

2 adults and 2 children (under 10 years old at the time). I had one moderately priced glass of wine and my husband had 1 beer. We shared an appetizer, had our entrees, and did not have dessert.