PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood

Vinny
01-23-2009, 07:43 PM
We have been to WDW several times over the past years and have never stopped for a meal at Planet Hollywood. However, for our upcoming June vacation, I just book the buy 4 get three days free package from WDW. Included in the package is a meal voucher for Planet Hollywood and I was just wondering what the reviews/opinions of the restaurant are in terms of atmosphere, service, quality of food, favorite menu offerings, ect. Also do/would you prefer lunch or dinner there?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

dolphinmickey9170
01-23-2009, 08:50 PM
We have had lunch and dinner at PH. It is your average food, such as Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's. We have never had a bad meal. It does tend to get loud at times because the jumbo screens are showing movie clips, videos, etc and people want to be heard so they raise their voices so they can talk. It is a lot of fun, especially if you are seated higher up on the balconies. I do not like sitting on the main floor.....too loud. I like dinner better, only because the lights on the outside are just fun for me.

If you end up waiting any length of time, you have a lot of things to look at. There is tv and movie props, outfits etc everywhere. It's cool.

I hope you have fun.:mickey:

Mandykay
01-24-2009, 01:56 AM
We've eaten at PH several times and always have had good service and good food. There's a great variety of food and coctails. The theming is fantastic, and I enjoy watching clips of older movies and the upcoming attractions. If you get there before 5 (I think) you can use your voucher and get priority seating.

goofy78
01-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Well if you already have the voucher then it's the best food ever;). Ok kidding of course, but I do agree with the earlier post of an applebee's similarity. It is good and you shouldn't be disappointed.

stitchaholic
01-24-2009, 07:17 AM
we got one too and i think we will try and reserve when we get down there in 2 DAYS!

IamBelle
01-24-2009, 07:46 AM
We went last trip for lunch and the food was good. I love how they put movie props, its sorta like the Hard Rock. We sat next to the Chuckie doll and my brother and sister were so freaked out the whole time! LOL
The food is tasty, (I love the french fries), but I think the restaurants in the parks have better food.

A Big Kid
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
We have been to WDW several times over the past years and have never stopped for a meal at Planet Hollywood. However, for our upcoming June vacation, I just book the buy 4 get three days free package from WDW. Included in the package is a meal voucher for Planet Hollywood and I was just wondering what the reviews/opinions of the restaurant are in terms of atmosphere, service, quality of food, favorite menu offerings, ect. Also do/would you prefer lunch or dinner there?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
I'll never dine there again.
#1) Mediocre food for exhorbatant prices.
#2) Too crowded
#3) NOISEY
#4) A near nude Sylvester Stallone hanging over your table as you eat it a little much for me!

Consider this - if it was so good, would they really need an inducement to come like the the $15 coupon?

PetefromRI
01-24-2009, 01:37 PM
We ate there last year on the DDP and we had very good steaks.The service was very good and the dessert was also tasty.I have to say though that it was the loudest place I've ever been to in my life with the exception of Ultra 88 at the Mohegan Sun.It's alot of fun and I think that my wife rather enjoyed the near naked Stallone over our table:D.We'll go back again.It's like eating in the middle of a dance club with a million movie props all over the place.

disneyfan328
01-24-2009, 11:36 PM
we ate there in 2007 on the dining plan and although we are doing the QSDP this time we did book an adr here for dinner. (well not really dinner........) We ate there and the food was as stated ok, but nothing to write home about, however - we LOVED the texas tostadas appetizers so we are going here just for those. That's what DH And I will eat for our dinner and the kids will get kids meals. I know a lot of people compare it to applebees and I agree, but I also know that I don't get to go there often either and we don't have a PH any where near us - we do have a Hard Rock now, but wow talk about expensive - at least for my budget.
just my two cents :mickey:

Crow
01-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Ive eaten there a few times and its not bad.
also have the voucher for my APril trip and will probably eat there again.

tiggerandpooh63
01-25-2009, 02:48 PM
We just went and used the voucher we got with our package - while it was loud and there were waits, my husband and I headed to the bar where they happily offered to give us menus and let us order and eat there vs. waiting for a table. We had a great time. The food was similar to Applebee's, maybe a bit better - but tasted even better knowing we got $15 off!:thumbsup: