PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic breakfast in the parks

PETE FROM NYC
01-23-2009, 03:34 PM
DW and I are both type 2 diabetics.I know we can find something at the buffets and full service restaurants,but that would wind up costing us a small fortune each day.
How about a counter service breakfast we can use. It seems that most places listing breakfast are selling pastries.

MMFreak
01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
If you are staying at a Disney hotel they all have counter service restaurants where you can get a healthy choice for not a lot of cash. you can also request a frige in your room and bring along some breakfast items if you do not wish to spend a good deal of money. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic and we were always able to find something reasonable for her.

NotaGeek
01-23-2009, 05:27 PM
DW and I are both type 2 diabetics.I know we can find something at the buffets and full service restaurants,but that would wind up costing us a small fortune each day.
How about a counter service breakfast we can use. It seems that most places listing breakfast are selling pastries.
I was able to find diabetes friendly food everywhere ... I stayed at POR and POFQ, the food courts both had options. As you know, it's not as hard for Type 2 diabetics, as long as you track carbs and sugar vs. protein your should be fine.

PETE FROM NYC
01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I guess I forgot to mention it in my text,but I am looking for breakfast in the parks,not at my hotel.We have been able to get a breakfast at the hotel we were at 2 yrs ago,its just that we like to eat in the parks.
Thanks for the come backs.

NotaGeek
01-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I guess I forgot to mention it in my text,but I am looking for breakfast in the parks,not at my hotel.We have been able to get a breakfast at the hotel we were at 2 yrs ago,its just that we like to eat in the parks.
Thanks for the come backs.
The same thing goes for counter service in the parks ... there are always options, it's just up to you to choose those items on the menu that fit your diet. Good luck.

Fangorn
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Breakfast is a tough one in the parks if you want something other than pastries. I don't believe there are any counter service places in the MK that serve a real breakfast.

In Epcot, the counter service place in the Land has some great options for breakfast, but it's the only place in the park that does.

I don't know about DHS or AK - we've never tried to find something there for breakfast.

Frankly, we gave up even trying to do breakfast in the parks unless we're going to Epcot.

Steve

meldan98
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
We ran into this same issue when we went. My father is a type 2 and he would just go to the counter service in the hotel prior to us heading out in the morning. My dad would run down right after he got up in the morning, get breakfast, bring it back to the room and eat while my mom was getting ready. The only really good place we found for breakfast in the parks was at Epcot in the Land.

disneydeb
02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I am also type 2. I usually bring my own breakfast to eat in the room. I sometimes bring low sugar instant breakfasts to stir into milk. Once I had a Mickey waffle (shhh):thumbsup:

wire0monkey
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd try Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and ABC Commissary at the Studios for breakfast.

You're kind of out of luck at MK and AK.

It's not in the park, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is five minutes away and the resort is beautiful. Mara does counter service breakfast and you can take a look at the animals while you're there.

Same deal with Magic Kingdom. Captain Cook's Snack Company serves breakfast and is close to the park and the Polynesian is a beautiful resort that 's work looking around.