PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Pkg

Disney Buff
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Seeing as they are cutting the shows. Is it better to do the Fantasmic Pkg to get into the show? Which restaurant would you choose? What if the show gets rained out?

Any input? Thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
We have always done the Fantasmic Package...we didn't want to have to wait in line to make sure we saw the show.

We love it, I know some say that the seats aren't the best, but we've never had trouble seeing anything!

We've done all three restaurants, and honestly, weren't too impressed with any of them. The Brown Derby was neat, but expensive, our meal at Mama Melrose's was just horrible (food and service), and Hollywood and Vine was just OK. I guess, if I had to choose one again, it would be Hollywood & Vine, at least as a buffet there is quite a bit of choice, and you don't have to wait to be served.

robnadina
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I second Hollywood & Vine. Its a buffet but the times we have been the food wasn't all that bad and there was plenty to choose from. Have fun on your trip!

tadshome
01-23-2009, 06:12 PM
We always do the package and our favourite is Mama Melrose :mickey:

Maleficent_vf
01-23-2009, 06:41 PM
We've used the dinner package three times and have been happy we did. We've gone to Hollywood & Vine each time and have been happy with that too! With the DDP, we're trying Brown Derby in March.

SBETigg
01-23-2009, 07:14 PM
We've always done the package, but it's not always necessary to do so depending on crowds. I'm not sure I would do the package again. We skipped Fantasmic on our last trip. But we liked it and found it useful in the past to do the package, and we overwhelmingly preferred Brown Derby. We had a great meal and a very relaxed time before heading over to the show. We didn't like Hollywood and Vine at all. Not relaxing and just mediocre all around, to us. Never tried Mama Melrose, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Maleficent's Dad
01-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Far and away, our favorite restaurant for the package (or without) is the Brown Derby. No other dining establishment in DHS comes close (few in any WDW park can match the BD's quality).

We do Mama Melrose's as well - primarily because the kids like it; we find it okay, but not great.

Tried H&V for the package once. Never again.

baileykelly
01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
I have done the fantasmic package several times at hollywood and vine and once at mama melrose. I enjoyed the food at both restaurants and I liked just walking into fantasmic and getting a good seat without waiting in a huge crowd.

laward32
01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
We like H&V. I think they have a great buffet and our server was great. I won't go into how I feel about the Fantasmic package. (Won't do it again, I'll put it that way):mickey:

tiggerandpooh63
01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Based on my experience this past Thursday I would say the package will give you a better opportunity to see the show - there was only one show Thursday and it was standing room only 50 minutes before. But if you do it make sure you head over by 6:15 or you could find yourself without a seat. There were lots of people sneaking into the reserved section - and unfortunately they take your slip of paper at the entrance showing you paid for the package - so there's no way for the Disney staff to kick out people who didn't pay! By the way we ate at Brown Derby and really enjoyed it - expensive but we had a fun evening.:thumbsup:

PlutoToo
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I haven't eaten at any of the restaraunts, but based on this past Thursday, when they chose to add a show at 8:15 I'd do the package if this is a "must see". I wouldn't count on an added show though. I love the show, but waiting over 2 hours is crazy.

JavaDuck
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I was there this past August and did the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrosa's. It was one of our best meals. The service was good, not great, just good. One of the bonuses of the package is that you do get an appetizer with the package.

In regards to the show, I say that you have to see it at least one time. I saw Fantasmic when it premiered in Disneyland and was impressed. This time, it was good. We have no plans to see it again though.

brian2000boston
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
interesting about the appetizer... I didnt realize this. So it sounds like if you are on the ddp you should just book the package since the price is the same and get the free appetizer, even if you arent going to go into the show?

Pete Olsen
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
We always do the package with Mama Melrose. We love it there. Great food, wonderful service in a neat restaurant. We love that we don't have to fight the crowd to have a good seat for one of the most magical attractions of Disney.