PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question - super picky DD

MirandaC
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone!
We are going to WDW in Dec. Our DD will be 9 yrs old and is already 5' tall. We bought the DDP (1st time), but I am concerned that my DD may not like some of the choices on the kid's menus. She is really picky! If we go to say the Garden Grill, does she only have to eat the kid's food or can she also eat from our platter? We have never been there, so I really don't know the drill.:confused:

princessesmom
01-23-2009, 12:53 PM
At the buffets and family style restaurants, I believe anyone can eat anything. The adults can eat from the children's selections and the other way around. If you go to a TS restaurant with a menu, though, she will have to order from the children's menu.

hardingella
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
We had the exact same problem with our DD9 and DS6. DS will hardly eat anything(its so frustrating). I was worried that all he would eat would be burgers and chicken strips for our 17 nights.opposite problem with DD9, found kids TS menus dull and bland.
Counter service was great for them as they could eat everything that was avaliable, ok so most of the time DS ate pretty unhealthly but its vacation time so didnt worry too much.
Most TS meals we found CMs to be very helpful. If there was nothing on the menu he liked they would do their best to find something for him, eg when we went to the Brown derby he didnt like any of the starters so they sliced up an apple for him and presented it beautifully, also at Rose & Crown he ordered Mac and Cheese but he didnt like it so they replaced it with something else, at no extra charge.
We realised after a while that all we had to do was ask and they would help.
It would have been good if DD could have ordered small portions of adult meals at TS but that was not allowed so next time we will pay for her as an adult on the DDP.We did sometimes just pass some of our food over onto her plate which was never a problem.
As far as Garden Grill goes you can all just dig in. Chef Mickey is also great as choice is HUGE.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree with the above posts! If your DD is picky (like mine) family-style and buffets are GREAT! She will find something (probably quite a few things) that she likes, and she can eat as much as she wants of them.

Both DD and I are fairly picky (and have allergies...DH says we're not allowed to be picky AND allergic :) ), and we never have a problem finding things to eat a Disney. The CM's will do what they can to help, and at places like Garden Grill, there is always something yummy being served.

DizneyRox
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
You can always add them to your reservation as an adult, but will be charged accordingly. Including room charges for more adults, ticket price difference and of course the adult DDP vs the child plan.

That will allow you to choose off the adult menu for them as well.

MirandaC
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
i think we will choose mostly family dining & buffets. i am sure my dd will find something appealing to her! thanks for the responses.:thumbsup: